• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Hunting annoying swamp people (maybe spoilers)

User Info: phishface

phishface
1 week ago#1
In chapter 2 I saw some weird silent guy following me in the swamps, so I shot him and that was that.

Now in chapter 4 I saw a newspaper article about night people in the swamps. I reckon they might have something to do with the guy I shot + bodies hanging off trees + really annoying whistling. You see the body (always exactly the same one which is a bit s***), then you hear the whistling, but I can never find more of these people.

If this is a story mission for later then please don't spoil it. But if it's just an ambient thing then does anyone know how I find them? I run all over the swamps chasing the whistling but I never see anyone. Ideally I wanna hogtie them and interrogate them about their irritating whistling habits
Polo, or mounted combat: https://youtu.be/qC98aGytX10
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MoeJade

MoeJade
1 week ago#2
Yes, there is a mission related to what u are experiencing, a side mission, and you have to go through the swamps at dark, like 10 pm to 5 or 6 am, and a white dot (stranger) mission will show up, i love that one, I think you will too, pardner.
"America is mankind so in love with greed it has forgotten itself and found only appetites"

phishface
1 week ago#3
Excellent, thank you

User Info: Damitol

Damitol
1 week ago#4
When you see someone hanging, shoot the rope, and search the body.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
1 week ago#5
Damitol posted...
When you see someone hanging, shoot the rope, and search the body.

Nice tip. Do you lose honor if you do this?
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
I Self Identify as a BLT (Black Lesbian in Transition like Gilliam does)

User Info: Damitol

Damitol
1 week ago#6
I think you do, but you can regain it easy by throwing back a couple fish.

User Info: craig_psn

craig_psn
1 week ago#7
^ Not for looting people who are already dead, usually anyways. (There's a hanging body at a certain landmark you'll want to visit too.) Nor for looting the people who you'll probably have to kill shortly afterwards...speaking of in the swampy areas i.e. it's a trap! Generally speaking though, I try not to loot Strangers or Lawmen etc. anymore, I really don't need anything they might have. Maybe I miss some good stuff...
(edited 1 week ago)

phishface
6 days ago#8
Ok so the latest exciting event is I was in the swamps at night and saw what I thought was 2 hunters with a deer or something. Rode merrily over to them to say hi whatchagot and it turns out it was a woman not a deer, and they were some kind of indians I think.

They attacked me with a knife, which was a mistake because (a) I just wanted to chat but (b) Arthur carries enough weapons to start a small war. Anyway, it seems like I've now killed 3 of them and I still don;t really understand what's going on. But if they're a lost tribe of Indians then I feel sad about slaughtering them

Also I'm slightly disappointed by how not scary things are. Dual wielded sawn-offs give you (100% justified) confidence that nothing can really hurt you. The swamp atmosphere is really well done, but it always ends the same way - Arthur having a quiet cigarette, surrounded by mangled bodies, feeling mild regret that it happened again

User Info: craig_psn

craig_psn
6 days ago#9
I find the woods around where you got the Leg. Buck (somewhat south of Mount Shann) to be really creepy at night. It seems that whenever I'm around there it's dark. Dangerous too. Party for the guns!
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: kainzow42

kainzow42
6 days ago#10
phishface posted...
Ok so the latest exciting event is I was in the swamps at night and saw what I thought was 2 hunters with a deer or something. Rode merrily over to them to say hi whatchagot and it turns out it was a woman not a deer, and they were some kind of indians I think.

They attacked me with a knife, which was a mistake because (a) I just wanted to chat but (b) Arthur carries enough weapons to start a small war. Anyway, it seems like I've now killed 3 of them and I still don;t really understand what's going on. But if they're a lost tribe of Indians then I feel sad about slaughtering them

Also I'm slightly disappointed by how not scary things are. Dual wielded sawn-offs give you (100% justified) confidence that nothing can really hurt you. The swamp atmosphere is really well done, but it always ends the same way - Arthur having a quiet cigarette, surrounded by mangled bodies, feeling mild regret that it happened again
They are not Indians, pretty sure they have makeup or mud on thier faces.
Of you want a challenge play the game with just a bow and your tomahawks/axes. It is super fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Hunting annoying swamp people (maybe spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A