• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Red Dead Redemption 3 with a young Dutch

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
4 weeks ago#21
acolytes posted...
Do people really feel jipped by the single player? The single player was jammed with content, side missions, things to investigate, things to discover, places to see. It was a fully detailed world and an incredible story and narrative packed with great characters and more.

I'd say Rockstar put loads of effort into the single player side if the game, and we've even now gotten single player content from the PC version. I've poured hundreds of hours into single player, and I've never felt like it was just an afterthought. Rockstar put a lot of focus on the world and story. We haven't gotten single player DLC, no, but do we really need single player DLC to say Rockstar cares about single player?
Mostly true
However, you overlooked one simple problem that makes your argument redundant
They Don’t care about single player because they keep breaking it withe every ONLINE update!
If they cared, they would fix all the single player issues that the updates have created
I don’t feel jipped about my single player game and am happy with the game I paid for.
But I do feel jipped that rockstars focus is on online and micro transactions and that they slowly break the game I paid for and enjoy playing by not caring about this

"Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others. The same applies when you are stupid."
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: pablofreak88

pablofreak88
4 weeks ago#24
nnulda posted...
Mostly true
However, you overlooked one simple problem that makes your argument redundant
They Don’t care about single player because they keep breaking it withe every ONLINE update!
If they cared, they would fix all the single player issues that the updates have created
I don’t feel jipped about my single player game and am happy with the game I paid for.
But I do feel jipped that rockstars focus is on online and micro transactions and that they slowly break the game I paid for and enjoy playing by not caring about this
I have one question. If it ever gets really bad (the Online updates breaking SP), is the Single Player with zero patches playable? Like is there any game breaking bug you might encounter?

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
3 weeks ago#25
pablofreak88 posted...
I have one question. If it ever gets really bad (the Online updates breaking SP), is the Single Player with zero patches playable? Like is there any game breaking bug you might encounter?

For Me, so far, no game breaking bug as yet.
But I am not the only player, most will agree with me, that as this point there is nothing to really ruin it. But if you read the Seamus thread that is currently running, there are a few who think the 2nd to last patch ruined the game for them.
Different strokes for different folks, but my concern is that every online update so far, has affected the SP game in some negative way.
I doubt the updates will render the game completely broken [but who knows] however I can certainly see a point where, if this erosion continues the game will become unplayable/completely broken for some.

"Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others. The same applies when you are stupid."

User Info: sth26307

sth26307
3 weeks ago#26
I would prefer a story about Jim "boy" Callaway and the other gunslingers, they could even have the one shot kid. It would be fine if you run across young Dutch but the Dutch story is told I want a new one
PSN- sth26307
Pokemon Go- 2774 1813 0074

User Info: pablofreak88

pablofreak88
3 weeks ago#27
We need a character that dies at the end, and we play as young Arthur and basically.

Arthur sucks I want the other guy back.

Or one with Jack where he dies in the end and we use a new guy.

Then, new guy sucks I want Jack back.

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
3 weeks ago#28
pablofreak88 posted...
We need a character that dies at the end, and we play as young Arthur and basically.

Arthur sucks I want the other guy back.

Or one with Jack where he dies in the end and we use a new guy.

Then, new guy sucks I want Jack back.
I see what you're demonstrating there. That no matter what some people get, they are not satisfied and want something else. Good one.
Unfortunately, that's the human condition.
RDR2, "Now THAT'S a fish." Arthur Morgan
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: ohiostate124

ohiostate124
3 weeks ago#29
Scully87 posted...
I’d love another DLC expansion similar length to the epilogue.
I wish they’d remake RDR1 so we could have one long story.

User Info: GSid

GSid
3 weeks ago#30
Hate to go all blogger on this but f*** it.

I think Rockstar has exhausted the Dutch’s Boys story. We got enough info regarding how the gang was in the past. Their narrative was to “Live Free. Rob those who need robbing. Feed those who need fed.” Etc. We got the Epilogue and the continuation with RDR. The story has been told. You can’t continue much more with Jack. Consider by 1917 the outlaw/Wild West was pretty much done. Not to mention Jack had very little outlaw in him. He was more his mother’s son than his father’s son.

The perfect character type for a third game in the western setting would be a Tommy Vercetti type of character. He had some virtue but not much. You could still have the whole “Redemption” narrative, but how about an actual Outlaw with outlaw characteristics. I’d go pre civil war. Go back to the height of the cowboy & outlaw era. The one major thing I hated about Dutch’s Boys was the whole living a lie about who & what they were. How about actual outlaws that had very little virtue, decency, moral code? A story line similar to GTA: Vice City would be perfect for that time. An outlaw setup by his old boss or crew. Search’s our to find out who or why he was setup and why they wanted him dead. While discovering this he goes about forming his own gang. Taking over towns or settlements. It would be a breath of fresh air. Get rid of the whole Honor System. Bring back Fame System. Set out to my the most (in)famous outlaw of the west. Incorporate the gold rush of the mid 1800’s.

The last thing Rockstar needs to do is the whole gunslinger looking to reform their life or try and be something other than an outlaw. We’ve had that story twice now with Morgan & Marston.

How about a main character that loves being an outlaw? Doesn’t doubt plans? Isn’t doing work for the government? one that likes going to parlor houses for loose women. Robs a saloon because he needs money & booze? Breaks into a stable because he wants to steal that horse? Rides into town and wants to take it over to front businesses? The town folk may fear him, but they also respect him.

Bottom line is we’ve got the virtue reformed outlaw twice now. How about something less virtuous and more authentic to an outlaw.
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Red Dead Redemption 3 with a young Dutch
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A