• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Red Dead Redemption 3 with a young Dutch

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
2 months ago#11
It is not "they focus more on the online".... it is they focus ONLY on the online.

They have left single player in the dust. They could not give one f*** about single player. It has been made clear. I more than 150 hours in on the single player, it is fun, but the lack of attention they give single player is insulting. There have been... used to be... a lot of little things it would be nice if they fixed up... but nope. nope. nope. So... it is what it is and I have accepted it... long ago.

Online only is the way the whole industry is going. It is what it is.

Jackson7777
2 months ago#12
It has been said too many time to need to be said again... it would have been nice if they had left at least one team to take care of single player, they made enough money up front to do that for a while. But they chose not to. Any and everything new was geared to and went to online.

Fine. f*** me.... actually it is not f*** me... it is f*** them... when they dream I will buy the next game.

But I am sure plenty of people will, so oh well.

Jackson7777
2 months ago#13
nnulda posted...
And we now also have the digital version of ebola.
The online update, that slowly breaks our game
Yup, they are like the 3 monkeys... hear no / see no / speak no.
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/2/1/6/AAU9XgAAAIWo.jpg
They ignore what the updates do to single player... so apparently they do nothing... and that is simply sloppy business.

User Info: Godshammer666

Godshammer666
2 months ago#14
arcanedarsen posted...
Redemption 3 should be about Landon Ricketts early years, they could implement some cameos like younger versions of Hosea, Dutch or even Arthur, depending on the exact year. Heck, they could put so many stuff, like a bounty on Arthur's dad.
Probably will never happen because Rickett's voice actor died and he was very respected.

But yeah, everytime I see John arriving Chuparrosa in Redemption, my hype for play the early adentures of this man grows.

I think this idea is cool too, especially since he supposedly was at Blackwater during the massacre. I didn’t know the voice actor died.

User Info: GSid

GSid
2 months ago#15
scabab posted...
Have you people got a tin foil hat on or something?

I've put about 150 hours into RDR2's single player and never even touched the online not felt any desire too and has no effect on my enjoyment of the game.

They will always but more emphasis on the single player than online. The online is built on the single player. Maybe after release they focus more on the online and that's unfortunate but it's entirety optional.

That’s like saying.

“I love my wife. But I don’t care if she bangs Shaquille O’Neal, just as long as she lets me watch.”

You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

User Info: GSid

GSid
2 months ago#16
Jackson7777 posted...
Maybe next time they will be honest and just sell an online game from the start and skip single player mode.

Not that it matter much to me... I doubt R* will see any more of money.
It will have to be a univerally beloved "THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER" to hook me in again.

EXACTLY!
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

User Info: scabab

scabab
2 months ago#17
Jackson7777 posted...
It is not "they focus more on the online".... it is they focus ONLY on the online.

They have left single player in the dust. They could not give one f*** about single player. It has been made clear. I more than 150 hours in on the single player, it is fun, but the lack of attention they give single player is insulting. There have been... used to be... a lot of little things it would be nice if they fixed up... but nope. nope. nope. So... it is what it is and I have accepted it... long ago.

Online only is the way the whole industry is going. It is what it is.

They don't need to give any attention to single player. That was finished, they gave you an 100+ hour long game that was probably longer than need be. Other developers would have had Epilogue 1 and 2 as two different expensive DLC packs.

The Online on the other hand always has room to grow. Obviously the emphasis would go there instead.

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
2 months ago#18
Do people really feel jipped by the single player? The single player was jammed with content, side missions, things to investigate, things to discover, places to see. It was a fully detailed world and an incredible story and narrative packed with great characters and more.

I'd say Rockstar put loads of effort into the single player side if the game, and we've even now gotten single player content from the PC version. I've poured hundreds of hours into single player, and I've never felt like it was just an afterthought. Rockstar put a lot of focus on the world and story. We haven't gotten single player DLC, no, but do we really need single player DLC to say Rockstar cares about single player?
"I learned about the blues from this kitten I knew, her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb. My heart's like a wound."

User Info: WakaFlockaCguls

WakaFlockaCguls
2 months ago#19
I’d rather play as a viscous cold blooded killer then find out at the end it’s Uncle.

Jackson7777
2 months ago#20
Uncle did it! So it turns out the butler was innocent after all...
Must have been the hat, it always made him look so guilty, well... the hat... and The English Accent
AND THE BOW TIE!!! NEVER TRUST A MAN WHO WEARS A BOW TIE ON A DAILY BASIS!!
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Red Dead Redemption 3 with a young Dutch
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A