• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Help! Zoologist trophy

User Info: capsulecorp13

capsulecorp13
1 month ago#1
I need to study the Timberwolf, I know Timberwolves appear...problem is you can't study a predator when it's attacking you.

So how am i supposed to study the last animal i need for this trophy if the game doesn't let me study it?

Is it possible to lure them with bait or animal carcasses?
PSN: Atmosk99

User Info: SteelDragon2050

SteelDragon2050
1 month ago#2
Try laying some predator bait in their known area, and use scent cover so they won't come for you instead. When one shows, study it, then leave, or take it down.

User Info: an_Evil_Goat

an_Evil_Goat
1 month ago#3
A spot that always spawns them is between the West side and Northwest tip of Lake Isabella, right around the spot that the White Arabian spawns. Just head over there, hop off your horse and look around with binoculars or a scoped rifle.
GT = an Evil Goat
Let me know that you're from GameFAQs.

User Info: Eiztoom

Eiztoom
1 month ago#4
Here's a risk free method that works pretty reliably. Go to the Loft fire watch tower in east Ambarino, Sleep in the nice clean bed til night and save your game. Go a very short distance away (say 30 metres) and put down a few predator baits. Go back up to the top of the tower and see what turns up. Most of the time it will be grey wolves. Reload til you get timber wolves. I can't remember if I used potent or normal baits.
Currently playing Yakuza Kiwami again

User Info: OLIV47

OLIV47
1 month ago#5
Use poison arrows .
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination .

User Info: Jacabben

Jacabben
1 month ago#6
Use binoculars as well, zoom in and study
Xbox One/PSN: Murmaider358

User Info: tjerkstore

tjerkstore
1 month ago#7
I had to punch and kick one until it ran off (shot the other 2 out of 3). Then you can chase it and study it.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Help! Zoologist trophy
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers