• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Anyone get kind of depressed when you play this game

User Info: JBaLLEN66

JBaLLEN66
2 months ago#1
Just imagining living in this awful time period and also knowing there’s worse to come in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdR2Iktffaw
The day Capitalism was humiliated :)

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
2 months ago#2
Not me, playing this game makes me happy.

Fun is a good thing to have, stock up.

User Info: Snake_eyebrows

Snake_eyebrows
2 months ago#3
No, that time period is amazing. I wany to go back to those times. I much simpler time when you could live truly free, before government and authority took over everyday life.

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
2 months ago#4
Definitely not.
Have you tried downing some moonshine and starting fist-fights? That's tried and true.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
2 months ago#5
JBaLLEN66 posted...
Just imagining living in this awful time period and also knowing there’s worse to come in the future.

Maybe Call of Duty is less depressing for you, because the future there is so bright.
RDR2, "Now THAT'S a fish." Arthur Morgan
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
2 months ago#6
JBaLLEN66 posted...

I’m confused on how they knew worse was yet to come
Most people have a thing called hope, and even when the odds are against them, they still hope for a good outcome
Even outlaws always hoped they would not be caught and hung, even if they suspected that may not be the eventual outcome
Dutch hates civilisation taking over and wanted to got to a new country
He never believed it would all end bad
He had a plan
And that plan was not , the worse is yet to come
Other people living in that time frame would Also always be looking to all this new technology making the future something to look forward to
They would know nothing of 2 world wars , global warming etc
And even despite all the troubles of this world, I am sure people would still think that this time period is a lot easier than the Wild West
So, just exactly what do you mean?

User Info: Bleakwail

Bleakwail
2 months ago#7
JBaLLEN66 posted...

I've never loved another game more than this, in my whole life.

But I understand what you mean.

It really has a darkness to it.

Jackson7777
2 months ago#8
As opposed to being depressed about the game and its time...
One should be ecstatic about and never forget to appreciate the times we live in

Smile every time one simply flips a switch and ON COMES THE LIGHT... or simply push
the handle and away the toilet waste, turn the knob and hot and cold water comes running....
Turn the key, car starts and we can reach a destination miles away in minutes.

Not to mention HVAC, fully stocked grocery stores and the ability to store our guns when not being used.

Life is damned good even when it sucks.

User Info: Eiztoom

Eiztoom
2 months ago#9
Everything Jackson said plus modern medicine. Smallpox eradicated, polio unheard of in the west and if you get TB you get quarantined, treated and have a reasonable chance of recovery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqGLHluDoe0
Currently playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

Jackson7777
1 month ago#10
Eiztoom posted...
...said plus modern medicine. Smallpox eradicated, polio unheard of in the west and...
Modern medicine indeed! Cheers!!
We are are fortunate to live in these times where getting a very curable cold is about as sick as most people become.
(and yes yes I am aware some folks get worseyadda yadda... but most people do not...)

"Cures" like penicillin and other modern miracle have saved millions of people.
Before penicillin a simple skin scrape from a rose thorn could cost you your an arm (if it became infected).

Sad fact- During the U.S. Civil War more people died from disease and infections than by impact of ordinance.

http://civil-war-disease.leadr.msu.edu/statistics-2/
It is statistically proven that disease was the number one killer during this time. According to “The Impact of Disease on the Civil War” by Intisar K Hamidullah, 3/5 Union troops died of diseases. 63% of Union fatalities were due to disease, 12% due to wounds, 19% of Union deaths were due to death on the battle field. Likewise, 2/3 Confederate troops died of infection. It was also found that more men died throughout this 4-year period than in any other war experienced in the U.S. Over 600,000 soldiers died during the Civil war whereas 400,000 died during WWI.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Anyone get kind of depressed when you play this game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers