• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Where do I get a quartz chunk?

User Info: guitarluva1

guitarluva1
3 weeks ago#1
I already sold the chunk from sending in 1 dinosaur bone. Was it unique? Is there any guaranteed place to find one or am I screwed?
All around the Sta-actus plant, the stalker chased the bandit, the stalker thought 'twas all in fun - POP! Goes the bandit!

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
3 weeks ago#2
You probably haven't gotten it yet.
Check your mail later.
Those kinds of items can't be sold.

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
3 weeks ago#3
rockabilly_man posted...
You probably haven't gotten it yet.
Check your mail later.
Those kinds of items can't be sold.

I think you may be wrong on this
I am 90% certain that you can actually sell the Quartz Chunk
I remember It always showed with a price on it and just the message that it was unique
Any item that has the unique tag, can be sold and Most if not all can not be gotten again, this is one of them

Tc seems fairly certain he sold it
And I seem to remember a thread on this way back where others had done the same

Hopefully I am wrong, but TC I think you are screwed
(edited 3 weeks ago)

rockabilly_man
3 weeks ago#4
Okay well let's hope you're wrong about it.
Pretty stupid game design if you can sell unique items required for crafting if you ask me.

User Info: spankymcfister

spankymcfister
3 weeks ago#5
guitarluva1 posted...
I already sold the chunk from sending in 1 dinosaur bone. Was it unique? Is there any guaranteed place to find one or am I screwed?

Leney’s urethra
"Where ever you go..., there you are". Buckaroo Banzai

nnulda
3 weeks ago#6
rockabilly_man posted...
Okay well let's hope you're wrong about it.
Pretty stupid game design if you can sell unique items required for crafting if you ask me.

I agree with you 100%

And after coming home and looking at my notes that I keep for this game

There may be an answer
It appears the game may have a built in protection
IE if you selll one of the gifted items , and have not used it, you might get it it back

TC
Go and find a few more bones and post the locations to the lady
When you get your mail, hopefully you will get the 1st mail again and get your quartz back

I can't confirm this as I have Never sold any unique item or one that can be used for crafting until I have everything that can be crafted

Again...Rockabilly
I agree with you
And I am in NO WAY! defending ing the game or rockstar, but if you pay attention to your inventory saleable items always have the tags, can be sold for cash or can be sold or used for crafting
Anything that says can be used for crafting.....should not be sold until you reach epilogue or have used it for crafting
Yes this system is broken, ...but if you adhere to this, you will not come unstuck

A lot of jewellery is needed for crafting, ...Gold earrings and jointed bracelet come to mind

The Gold earrings generally spawn at Watsons Cabin, [ a few other locations too] but Watsons Cabin is the best place, and a save before the shootout and a reload from that save if they don't spawn, saves you a lot of trouble, ...but if you sell them...it may take you a long time to get them again
Yes you can generally get them again....but its a pain

Gifted items like the Quartz and handcuffs can be sold,....stupid ...yes.....but as I said above there may be a fix ....but its still stupid, ...these items should just be greyed out until used

Things like Jimmys pen, Braitwaite Shield, and jewellery , the Emerald from the Duchess quest, meteorites, are all unique and seem to serve NO purpose at this time and all except the shield can be sold for what will seem to be a large amount of cash, especially early in the game

Yes you are correct, it sucks, and I don't know if its any oversight by rockstar or an intentional pay F*&^ing attention to what the inventory clearly tells you can be used for other purposes, code thing
But, you can! sell things that are needed for other purposes

The only things that auto pilot to the fence are Legendary animal parts
Anything else IMO....if it says Unique and or can be used for crafting .....Don't F%$#ing sell it ! until you have every Trinket and talisman .......... better to be safe than sorry

And the cash these things generate, is insignificant in the long run, if you play the game correctly

TC
Try what I suggested
And in future, don't sell stuff, that says it can be used for crafting or is unique....at least till you know its safe to do so....IE....in epilogue 2 when you have done all the legendary hunts ...;-]

Good luck

rockabilly_man
3 weeks ago#7
I never sell valuables except for some gold bars until the Epilogue.
Saves me the trouble of keeping track of which items are needed for crafting.

nnulda
3 weeks ago#8
rockabilly_man posted...
I never sell valuables except for some gold bars until the Epilogue.
Saves me the trouble of keeping track of which items are needed for crafting.

Same
Cash is all too easy to make, without selling items that that say anything other than .."can be sold for cash"

My diatribe was only to try and help TC and point out, as you said the stupid design that allows these mistakes to be made

rockabilly_man
3 weeks ago#9
Wtf does diatribe mean? English is not my native language lol

nnulda
3 weeks ago#10
rockabilly_man posted...
Wtf does diatribe mean? English is not my native language lol

Where are you from ?

TBH, Diatribe may not really have been the correct word, it sort of means forceful commentary or criticism of something

In this instance it was criticism of the mechanics or the inventory....... and not criticism of you
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Where do I get a quartz chunk?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers