• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Who's your favourite playable character? (Main story for RDR 1 and 2 only)

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
4 weeks ago#1
Which charcater do you to play the most as? - Results (58 votes)
Arthur Morgan
75.86% (44 votes)
John Marston
22.41% (13 votes)
Jack Marston
1.72% (1 vote)
This poll is now closed.
For me it's no contest. Arthur Morgan is the best character of the series. And I hope that we will see more of him if they make a RDR3 (Which I hope will be in the times when Dutch and Hosea started the Van Der Lind gang)

John Marston isn't too bad. I really liked him in RDR1, and although I liked his character more in RDR2, I didn't like playing as him so much.

Jack Marston sucks. He was fine as an NPC (I actually liked him a lot before the end of RDR1), but going from trying to learn to farm/hunt like his father to begoming a gunslinger in less than 3 year... yeah, no. I dind't like that that much.
My signature is not important.

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
4 weeks ago#2
John Marston was my favorite Rockstar protagonist before playing RDR2. After playing RDR2, not only is Arthur Morgan my favorite Rockstar protagonist, he's my favorite video game character.
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: _MorningStar

_MorningStar
4 weeks ago#3
Arthur honestly, and RD1 is probably in my top 3 games of all time.
http://i.imgur.com/UM1VO2V.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fd6WS3f.jpg

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
4 weeks ago#4
Arthur was my favorite, but I would like to make a honorable mention for a non-playable character.
Kieran, the O'Driscolls captive. Before doing 'A Social Call' in chapter 2, he was tied to a tree, neglected and left to rot. I'm actually surprised Sadie didn't gut him like a fish.

Every time Arthur walked close to him, Kieran would pathetically plead for mercy. So sad.
What really got to me was when Kieran said, "Please, do something, I haven't cleaned myself in weeks."

I imagined they didn't even untie him long enough to use the outhouse.
He must have the biggest load of crap fermenting in his pants, in all of history. His bottom must feel like it's been coated in battery acid.

Then, after the mission, and he has proved he can be trusted, he still is treated like an O'Driscolls. Even little Jack throws rocks at him and taunts him. Bill still taunts him with red hot bolt cutters. Kieran just takes it.
Then of course there is that scene in chapter 4. All he wanted was to feel accepted.
RDR2, "Now THAT'S a fish." Arthur Morgan
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Who's your favourite playable character? (Main story for RDR 1 and 2 only)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers