• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Have they patched a bunch of the tediousness?

User Info: Spidey555

Spidey555
4 weeks ago#1
I got this when it first came out but couldn't stand how long it took to do some things and also some of the useless survival aspects.

Have they fixed or patched any of this?

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
4 weeks ago#2
One mans tediousness is another mans immersion.
This game isn't for everyone.
No game is for everyone.
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

Spidey555
4 weeks ago#3
10 second skinning animation is immersion?

User Info: GSid

GSid
4 weeks ago#4
Spidey555 posted...
I got this when it first came out but couldn't stand how long it took to do some things and also some of the useless survival aspects.

unfortunately no. You still walk too fast at camp. The animation for skinning and looting are still way too fast.

id really wish they’d patch the fast travel too. Get rid of the trains & carriage rides. Make things more realistic.

Last thing. Sometimes when I get off my horse my stupid weapon is equipped. Maybe I don’t want that weapon? Let me decide when I get off my horse!??

So annoying

Edit: You must play on Xbox.
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
4 weeks ago#5
Spidey555 posted...
10 second skinning animation is immersion?

Oh, so NOW you wanna give specific examples, to make me look...less than favorable?
I did clarify that it's not for everyone, right? Or did you purposely miss my point just to come back with an accusatory toned question?

Some may consider it a part if the immersion experience. Clearly not you. It is a cowboy/outlaw/hunter SIM after all.

All you gotta do is position your horse over the carcass and it skips the skinning cut scene. Happy trails cowboy.
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
4 weeks ago#6
Spidey555 posted...

Troll Post!!

How and why would they patch pout the core of the game

As has been clearly stated, no game is for everyone, and this one is not for you
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Spidey555
4 weeks ago#7
It honestly isn't a troll post. Like I said, I played it when it first came out. I just wasn't sure if they gave an option to skip some of that stuff like Witcher 3 came out later with a patch that let you use alternative combat.

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
4 weeks ago#8
Nah, what you don't like is a core part of the game. Its phenomenal to myself and many others, but it seems like it's not your cup of tea.
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
4 weeks ago#9
Spidey555 posted...
It honestly isn't a troll post. Like I said, I played it when it first came out. I just wasn't sure if they gave an option to skip some of that stuff like Witcher 3 came out later with a patch that let you use alternative combat.

I have now lost complete track of any point you are trying to make

If you played this before , then you already know the core mechanics of the game involve a lot of hunting and riding
It was made clear that fast travel would not exist as it did in the 1st, the skinning is the same as the 1st and there is a work around for that, just as in the 1st
Survival ?..... wtf....you can go days without feeding Arthur, he just loses weight and some stamina
The other eating is to regenerate health, similar to many games
Realism ...... IE tedium in your book, was always a core of this game

Witcher 3 ....again WTF!
I played that game many times, in fact you had to do it at least twice to get the best armour, I don't recall any patch to stop you from having to keep health up or maintain weapons

Alternative combat......what has that got to do with anything, Dom want Arthur to have a mini gun and weapons of mass destruction ?

This game is clearly just not for you, you don't have the attention span for it.

So, sorry, but I still call Troll post or you really just don't understand what this game is

User Info: ViciousXl2

ViciousXl2
4 weeks ago#10
Spider in a den of...Whatever animal eats a lot of spiders
I only meant to stay awhile
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Have they patched a bunch of the tediousness?
  • Topic Closed