• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Is online still s***?

User Info: SkyVersa

SkyVersa
1 month ago#1
I wanted to reinstall the game to get the better graphics, which means I won't update the game but it will prevent me from playing online.
But if online is better now, I'd consider updating it afterall. That's why my question if online is worth a damn now or now. Thanks in advance!

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
1 month ago#2
Seriously, you are asking the SP board about online ?

Most of us have never played it and never will, and we will still say YES!!! its still Sh*%

Go to the online board, and you will get better answers, but they will also be biased by living impaired micro transaction supporters

Heres a thought
Be the master of your own destiny and make your own decision by trying it out for yourself

User Info: SkyVersa

SkyVersa
1 month ago#3
nnulda posted...

Most of us have never played it and never will, and we will still say YES!!! its still Sh*%

Go to the online board, and you will get better answers, but they will also be biased by living impaired micro transaction supporters

Heres a thought
Be the master of your own destiny and make your own decision by trying it out for yourself

Oh an online board? Haven't seen that. Whoops.

nnulda
1 month ago#4
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/200179-red-dead-redemption-2/77045904

5th sticky down. on the ist page

Not sure how you missed it, but if its any consolation, you are not the 1st

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
4 weeks ago#5
idk, i never considered red dead redemption 1 or 2 to need some online mode.

challenge race on horses instead of race cars?
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: Misagood

Misagood
4 weeks ago#6
I've never tried online against people, so I can't give any feedback on that front. I reinstalled my game a week or 2 ago though to try the unpatched version.

****Please note all further info I have gathered and sharing is from an older Xbox 1****

Personally, I can't tell the difference in graphics between the two. I can tell there is much more lag though, so it's probably safe to say that they have decreased the graphic quality to help with the online version. There are a couple minor bugs that occur while playing unpatched(disappearing ammo and camp companions) which doesn't bother me.

If you want to play unpatched offline, the reason is to take advantage of the glitches and exploits that got patched. These include easy infinite gold bars, any horse you want in Ch. 2, and my personal favorite: Playing as naked Arthur wrestling bears and other wildlife in the woods.

I'm probably going to update my version soon since the lag has become pretty annoying, but again, that might be from my old xbox.

PS: Mad props to this guy for being one of the most passive aggresive Douches trying to 'help'

nnulda posted...

Heres a thought

nnulda posted...
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/200179-red-dead-redemption-2/77045904

5th sticky down. on the ist page

Not sure how you missed it, but if its any consolation, you are not the 1st

User Info: Misagood

Misagood
4 weeks ago#7
I also want to say in advance, after reading a few of your comments in other threads, you do actually give good advice most of the time nnulda. I probably should have looked at that before blindly bashing you. I apologize and hope all is well partner

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
4 weeks ago#8
Misagood posted...
I've never tried online against people, so I can't give any feedback on that front. I reinstalled my game a week or 2 ago though to try the unpatched version.
I have been asking about this and I understood the answers as saying when we reinstall the game (and have to be online/log in to do the update at some point) and it forces us to accept updates/patches.

Are you saying you deleted the game completely, then reinstalled it and it did not force you to accept all the updates?

How did that go? Did/do you use/have a disc? Is there some point where it asks if you want updates and you declined?

I ask because....
Before things (games/programs/etc) did not force us to "do things" (like force us to go online and be logged in to do reinstalls)(used to be if I had the disc it was all mine, no one else involved, did NOT have to go online)... I used to like to 100% uninstall, maybe format, and then start from scratch with a perfect new setup. I thought it was better like that if I wanted to really play from the very start... versus maybe the game holding me to a higher standard of playing before if I just started another game without deleting/reloading.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

nnulda
4 weeks ago#9
Misagood posted...
I also want to say in advance, after reading a few of your comments in other threads, you do actually give good advice most of the time nnulda. I probably should have looked at that before blindly bashing you. I apologize and hope all is well partner

Thank you for this post and comments

I have been playing since day one and on this board since then too, currently on my 5th play and I still don't know everything.
I help where I can and do what I can to reiterate any good advice given by the few still standing old timers up here.
However I do also make comments that may not be so positive, usually against asinine whinging multiple same topics running at the same time, wrong board etc.
I realise that my outspoken nature does not sit well wth some people [one in particular] and it makes me come across as an A-H&^%$ ....... So be it, its the nature of life, and a leopard can't change its spots ;-]

All, good as far as I am concerned ....... Happy Trails

User Info: SerenitySix

SerenitySix
4 weeks ago#10
nnulda posted...

Heres a thought

So if I like the online I'm a tool essentially?
Team Yen
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Is online still s***?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers