• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Is the metal detector good for making money?

User Info: SolBadGuts

SolBadGuts
4 weeks ago#1
Everywhere I've looked people 100% of the time say that to rank up the collector you need to buy the $700 metal detector, but I just went from lvl 1-20 doing a full clear of the map with only the shovel using the online collector's map.

So obviously the metal detector is worthless in actually ranking up the role but is it worth it for the money you'd make with the exclusive things you'd find? I made about $1500 in my 3.5 hour map clearing run, is the return worth the $700 investment?

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
4 weeks ago#2
You opened this topic on the Story Mode Board.
There is a stickie with a link to the RDRO message board at the top of the page.

Post your topic there. You'll actually reach people who play online. Good luck.
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
4 weeks ago#3
SolBadGuts posted...
Everywhere I've looked people 100% of the time say that to rank up the collector you need to buy the $700 metal detector, but I just went from lvl 1-20 doing a full clear of the map with only the shovel using the online collector's map.

So obviously the metal detector is worthless in actually ranking up the role but is it worth it for the money you'd make with the exclusive things you'd find? I made about $1500 in my 3.5 hour map clearing run, is the return worth the $700 investment?

KJBDEFENDER posted...
You opened this topic on the Story Mode Board.
There is a stickie with a link to the RDRO message board at the top of the page.

Post your topic there. You'll actually reach people who play online. Good luck.

But... on the bright side
We do happen to have some extra metal detectors we would be happy sell... for the right money...
and best of all... they not only detects metal, they also beep beep towards the online message board (when switched for that)

Make inquiries within or below... it does not affect your financial credit score... not sure about your social score.

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
4 weeks ago#4
SolBadGuts posted...

There is NO! worthwhile return for continually supporting Micro Transactions......... that is unless you call ruining quality games a worthwhile venture.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Is the metal detector good for making money?
  • Topic Closed