• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Bounty system is broken

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
4 weeks ago#11
nnulda posted...
Yep
Especially as this has been covered to no avail more than once before

Yes, yes it has.

The bounty system is fine... works fine... is consistent... has been explained over and over for months and months. All the info is here... a simple search will reveal it. It is all explained. But still... people come in very upset, start nitpicking one little thing and then typically toss the whole game out with the Abigailwater. Usually they do not kindly ask questions... they storm in screaming THIS GAME IS BROKEN!!! FIX IT NOW!!!! IS IT FIXED YET!!! etc etc...

And then they wonder why people are sometimes less than helpful... less than willing to cater to their every need.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Slayer_22

Slayer_22
4 weeks ago#12
Jackson7777 posted...
nnulda posted...
Yep
Especially as this has been covered to no avail more than once before

Yes, yes it has.

The bounty system is fine... works fine... is consistent... has been explained over and over for months and months. All the info is here... a simple search will reveal it. It is all explained. But still... people come very upset, nitpicking one little thing and then toss the whole game out the Abigailwater as they do not kindly ask ask questions... they storm in screaming THIS GAME IS BROKEN!!! IS IT FIXED YET!!! FIX IT NOW!!!! etc etc...

And then they wonder why people are sometimes less than helpful... less than willing to cater to their every need.

It works as intended, sure, but it's still godawful. For the reason mentioned above. Gotta love omnipotent witnesses.
livingdeadrpg.proboards.com | A fun dual RP site I help run
<o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/

User Info: blackhrt

blackhrt
4 weeks ago#13
I have no issue one way or the other, but a game like deus ex human revolution set in the far future, a witness seeing adam jensen doing something you would expect them to recall specifics because modern technology, cybernetics etc.

I think some players are kind of wondering how every npc witness in this close to realistic interpreted 1887 wild west before the invention of cameras, modern eyeglasses, modern police tracking techniques can recall the exact iris color, dilation of pupils & hair follicle length arthur morgan had & the exact time and the distance he traveled getting away.

but hey its videogames, go figure.
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
4 weeks ago#14
blackhrt posted...
I have no issue one way or the other, but a game like deus ex human revolution set in the far future, a witness seeing adam jensen doing something you would expect them to recall specifics because modern technology, cybernetics etc.

I think some players are kind of wondering how every npc witness in this close to realistic interpreted 1887 wild west before the invention of cameras, modern eyeglasses, modern police tracking techniques can recall the exact iris color, dilation of pupils & hair follicle length arthur morgan had & the exact time and the distance he traveled getting away.

but hey its videogames, go figure.

Maybe they used Eagle Eye. LOL
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: Gmanzz666

Gmanzz666
4 weeks ago#15
Slayer_22 posted...
I know all about the bounty system and I still think it's stupid. If I wear a new and a brand new outfit I've never worn before that I picked up in saint denise, and then some guy sees me steal a horse in valentine, how the hell do they identify me as Arthur?

It's just dumb.

Agreed ..

Weird right?
What goes here....?? Oh yea!!! Oh Wait....now I forgot.......

User Info: Gmanzz666

Gmanzz666
4 weeks ago#16
I have been playing since day one.

Don't get me started on Arthur putting his weapons in his horse!

Keep them equipped dangflabbit.

Also had a glitch where no matter what I do the weapons stay on my horse.

Dangdest thing you ever did see
What goes here....?? Oh yea!!! Oh Wait....now I forgot.......

User Info: iSystem

iSystem
4 weeks ago#17
Here is an absolutely amazing flowchart someone made of the bounty system and how it works. Very easy to use.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9scssf/how_the_wanted_levels_work/

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
4 weeks ago#18
Slayer_22 posted...
nnulda posted...
Slayer_22 posted...
I know all about the bounty system and I still think it's stupid. If I wear a new and a brand new outfit I've never worn before that I picked up in saint denise, and then some guy sees me steal a horse in valentine, how the hell do they identify me as Arthur?

It's just dumb.

yawn

You know nothing slayer_22

What a positively unhelpful response.

Glad you thought so
1st
You started your paragraph with the omnipotent ..."I know everything"...{insert subject here}
And then proceeded to prove with the remainder that, as almost always the opening sentence is a precursor to the opposite

I am not going to go into why you are wrong,........reason being
People have been complaing about the bounty system since day one !...OVER 1 year now and countless topics have been made on this subject.
You have raised nothing original or substantial
Yes, you may be a newcomer, and yes you may not know how to use a search function ....or maybe you just use the Internet to be heard, because no one listens IRL

I have done 5 plays
Never had a major problem with the bounty system other than that creep Micah creating bounties on every mission you do with him

Why??????

Because, unlike you...... I do understand the bounty system

Put some cement in your tea or coffee and harden up........ in other words ...get good

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
4 weeks ago#19
Gmanzz666 posted...
I have been playing since day one.

Don't get me started on Arthur putting his weapons in his horse!

Keep them equipped dangflabbit.

Also had a glitch where no matter what I do the weapons stay on my horse.

Dangdest thing you ever did see

Deflection from your original post !..... nothing to do with the bounty system
Also been done to death
Anything Original to say ?

Cry Harder
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
4 weeks ago#20
iSystem posted...
Here is an absolutely amazing flowchart someone made of the bounty system and how it works. Very easy to use.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9scssf/how_the_wanted_levels_work/

Because no one else will... seems they are too busy arguing whining and complaining... I will say...

Hey man, Thanks for posting that! That is good advice!
Of course no video game system/programming/feature like "bounties" is perfect... but after looking over a few flow charts, like the one you kindly posted, and then maybe watching a couple of videos.... and finally just deciding not to be overly worried about 10buck bounties... and voila Bounties work pretty good in this game.

Same for the honor system. There is really no need to worry about it. It takes care of itself.

Sure there may be some blips... but over all R* gets an A grade from me on those two.

Other aspects.... like R* being so f***ing rude to solo player... R* gets an F-
When it comes to showing appreciation to people who paid up and enjoy single player ROCKSTAR SUCKS!!! F-
As a solo player I get the feeling... it seems like R* treats me as if I stole this damned game... versus paying FULL f***ING RETAIL $$$ FOR IT!!!

(Just showing I can whine/complain too... and also... I am not a R*/RDR2 cheerleader... I call it like I see it... good and bad)

And I always try my best to say thank you when I have asked for and received help.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Bounty system is broken
  • Post New Message