The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Bounty system is broken

User Info: Gmanzz666

Gmanzz666
1 month ago#1
I have my mask on. Skin an animal, shoot witnesses, wanted for murder. Witness saw me but not my face police arrive I am already gone. $15 bounty. How does that work. I HAD MY MASK ON.
What goes here....?? Oh yea!!! Oh Wait....now I forgot.......

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
1 month ago#2
Gmanzz666 posted...
I have my mask on. Skin an animal, shoot witnesses, wanted for murder. Witness saw me but not my face police arrive I am already gone. $15 bounty. How does that work. I HAD MY MASK ON.

You must have allowed a witness to get away. You were not identified as Arthur Morgan by the witness, but your description was given to the Lawmen by the witness. You get a minor bounty.
Chase down the witness before he reaches a lawman and either intimidate him into silence, or kill him, without being seen by another witness. That's how you avoid a bounty when a witness saw you.

Also, for a minor bounty like that, as long as you haven't killed a lawman, you can ride into town and surrender at the sheriffs office. One night in jail and a fine equal to about 75% of your bounty. Or just pay $15 at the post office. Or let the bounty stay on your head and loot bounty hunters when they come for you. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
1 month ago#3
No, the bounty system is not broken. It is actually perfect.

Keep playing you will (probably) figure it out

I could explain it all in detail, but after one too many times of me taking my time to help someone I dont recognize and then not reading/seeing/getting one iota of appreciation... why would I? It seems more fun to spend the time b****ing about not getting appreciation after helping ungrateful people.

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
1 month ago#4
Jackson7777 posted...

I could explain it all in detail, but after one too many times of me taking my time to help someone I dont recognize and then not reading/seeing/getting one iota of appreciation... why would I? It seems more fun to spend the time b****ing about not getting appreciation after helping ungrateful people.

Besides...pretzels make me thirsty.
8)
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: Gmanzz666

Gmanzz666
1 month ago#5
KJBDEFENDER posted...
Gmanzz666 posted...

You must have allowed a witness to get away. You were not identified as Arthur Morgan by the witness, but your description was given to the Lawmen by the witness. You get a minor bounty.
Chase down the witness before he reaches a lawman and either intimidate him into silence, or kill him, without being seen by another witness. That's how you avoid a bounty when a witness saw you.

Also, for a minor bounty like that, as long as you haven't killed a lawman, you can ride into town and surrender at the sheriffs office. One night in jail and a fine equal to about 75% of your bounty. Or just pay $15 at the post office. Or let the bounty stay on your head and loot bounty hunters when they come for you. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

That's what's strange tho. I have had where i have been wanted even seen by a witness with a mask obviously. But get no bounty. I get away before the law arrives.
The problem with it is consistency.....

Oh well
What goes here....?? Oh yea!!! Oh Wait....now I forgot.......

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
1 month ago#6
KJBDEFENDER posted...
Besides...pretzels make me thirsty.
8)

Man!! You can say that again! Its like dessert in heres
:D

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
1 month ago#7
Jackson7777 posted...

Yep
Especially as this has been covered to no avail more than once before.
Yes I accept the TC may be a newcomer, but still ;(

Pass the beer nuts

User Info: Slayer_22

Slayer_22
1 month ago#8
I know all about the bounty system and I still think it's stupid. If I wear a new and a brand new outfit I've never worn before that I picked up in saint denise, and then some guy sees me steal a horse in valentine, how the hell do they identify me as Arthur?

It's just dumb.
livingdeadrpg.proboards.com | A fun dual RP site I help run
<o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
1 month ago#9
Slayer_22 posted...
I know all about the bounty system and I still think it's stupid. If I wear a new and a brand new outfit I've never worn before that I picked up in saint denise, and then some guy sees me steal a horse in valentine, how the hell do they identify me as Arthur?

It's just dumb.

yawn

You know nothing slayer_22

User Info: Slayer_22

Slayer_22
1 month ago#10
nnulda posted...
Slayer_22 posted...

It's just dumb.

yawn

You know nothing slayer_22

What a positively unhelpful response.
livingdeadrpg.proboards.com | A fun dual RP site I help run
<o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Bounty system is broken
  • Topic Archived