• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Mission with alternative outcome - funny

User Info: ExciteBob

ExciteBob
2 months ago#1
So I was doing Spines of America last night, and chose to do the robbery at daytime. I knew I was supposed to go inside while Hosea put on his show for the cousin and the son, but I got immersed in it and ended up standing at a distance watching them with a binocular. So Hosea finished and the victims returned into their house. Now what? I didn't want to start a firefight, so I just joined Hosea in the barn, and found I could ride away with the stagecoach even if I had 0 $ loot.

Then after a while, Hosea asks me: "So how much were you able til steal?". And Arthur says somthing like "Err, actually I never entered the house, I was to busy watching your litte show", then Hosea: "What?! That distraction was meant for them, not for you!" Arthur: "What can I say, you haven't lost it!".

This made me laugh so hard, because he really managed to distract me IRL, and thinking of all the effort poor Hosea put into the show, wasted because of Arthur's inability to focus on his task, and he doesn't even apologize for his screwup.

I will definitley try for different outcomes in future missions as well!

User Info: WakaFlockaCguls

WakaFlockaCguls
2 months ago#2
That’s great. I’ve always loved how much extra effort rockstar adds.

User Info: iSystem

iSystem
2 months ago#3
Wow! Thats a pretty good catch man. I did this one at nighttime. Snuck in the house, robbed them blind, then met Hosea in the barn and rode off with the coach. We were both pleased that we didn't have to kill anyone, so was the fence.

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
2 months ago#4
So amazing!! Next play through I aint doing anything the way the game tells me too!

Other video games have PROGRAMMED ME to just doing what game wants me to do (or it fails instantly).... that it never occurred to me go off the rails, but indeed this game wants you to do it/try it every which way but loose... and it is amazing to think how they had to record so many possible results. All that dialogue and action had to be recorded on a sound stage, edited and included in the data.

I would would love to see outcome trees of all the different ways various events can turn out...
and I am also very curious what percent of the time various alt outcomes are played.

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
2 months ago#5
Jackson7777 posted...
So amazing!! Next play through I aint doing anything the way the game tells me too!

Other video games have PROGRAMMED ME to just doing what game wants me to do (or it fails instantly).... that it never occurred to me go off the rails, but indeed this game wants you to do it/try it every which way but loose... and it is amazing to think how they had to record so many possible results. All that dialogue and action had to be recorded on a sound stage, edited and included in the data.

I would would love to see outcome trees of all the different ways various events can turn out...
and I am also very curious what percent of the time various alt outcomes are played.

I bet 95% of players never see alt outcomes.
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
2 months ago#6
KJBDEFENDER posted...

I bet 95% of players never see alt outcomes.
Probably correct... and maybe even a higher number with the kids who come through here talking about wanting to bucket list the game as fast as possible and never play again.

And it is not really too lame on any ones part to miss out on alt outcomes because most video games have little tolerance for going off the reservation while doing missions, games have taught us, schooled us, ingrained in us to do as we are told, or else!!! Or else have FAIL message pop up saying something like....YOU HAVE LEFT THE BLAH BLAH or YOU DID NOT BLAH BLAH IN TIME or YOU DID NOT YADDA YADDA YADDA... and the game sends us back to try again. The rules have typically been to abide, but this game wants us to try all sorts of wacky stuff. IT IS FUN!

User Info: wafflekings

wafflekings
2 months ago#7
nice find. going to replay this mission and watch hosea do his magic.

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
2 months ago#8
Jackson7777 posted...

Yep
I have only done this mission either option A or option B ...never even entered my mind that there was a secret option C ....makes me wonder just how many other missions or events pan out differently.
Maybe next play....I will do a Bleakwail and stay in Ch2 and use your 1 million save slot routine [lol] to try every possible outcome........probably will only take me all of 10 years , ohh...then there is hanging around in camp to hear every conversation and catch all the donation box robbers....make that 20 years.......seriously, this game seems like a lifer......along with the much maligned No Mans Sky, I can't think of any other game that that seems to live and adapt
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Mission with alternative outcome - funny
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers