• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. TIP: New Players READ!

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
1 month ago#81
KJBDEFENDER posted...
Do you remember which thread? Because I don't remember. Chalk it up to old-timers memory.
I'll just type it again.
Autosave saved my but when i was doing the Horseman 10 challenge.
Had to venture into the Great plains to get the Hungarian halfbred.
Of course bounty hunters showed up when i was breaking in the horse.
Died instantly after i had broken it but autosave let me keep my progress after i died.

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
1 month ago#82
rockabilly_man posted...
I'll just type it again.
Autosave saved my but when i was doing the Horseman 10 challenge.
Had to venture into the Great plains to get the Hungarian halfbred.
Of course bounty hunters showed up when i was breaking in the horse.
Died instantly after i had broken it but autosave let me keep my progress after i died.
Thank you for your patience with a boomer.
Tbh, I really don't know the mechanics behind when the game decides to autosave. That's why I manual save every 15 minutes, in addition to manually saving after each thing that happens that I don't want to loose if I die.
When I first started playing, I lost count of all the times I lost a Legendary pelt/hide/carcass because I died on my way to the trapper. I was counting on the money I would have received. I know the trapper still gets it for crafting, but I loose the money.
That goes for 3* hides/pelts and carcasses I was bringing to Pearson or Trapper. A real bummer to die, loose money AND loose pelts/hides/carcasses. Now I just reload last save and all is good again. Can't do that with autosave.
I guess I could leave autosave on, and STILL rely 100% on my manual saves, but I vaguely remember someone posting that autosave interferes with something that I don't even remember. LOL
RDR2, "Now THAT'S a fish." Arthur Morgan
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
1 month ago#83
GSid posted...
Hahah. Should have figured who’s keeping this alive when I got the notification.

What do you think of me making a “TIP: NEW PLAYERS READ Redux?? I’d obviously have disabling auto save and manual safe often. After every mission/random event/etc. I’m thinking of adding a few other items. Based on the newest crop of hopeless noob topics(which I must say is the most pathetic considering all the information on Older Topics & YouTube guides), maybe a few could benefit from it. Probably not, but I have faith & a plan
A thread like that is a good idea, you should make it... is what I would say if I could go back in time... but it is already done, so I will say.... Nice work. Thank you for doing that!!!

PS
Just be ready for azzbutts to come in and trash it up, please ignore them, do not let them frustrate you. Know they are coming and never allow them to make it feel like it is wasted efforts.

That thread (and this thread) is a good idea and helps many people who will read the advice and use the advice, but never post a word of thanks. Most of them will not help offset all the azzbutts negative BS.... but... just know many many people read the good threads and are helped by them.

And also EVERYBODY - do not forget to manually save often.
And if you leave Auto-Save on... make sure to manually-save in different slots than the auto save slot.

Jackson7777
4 weeks ago#84
Are people still bumping this so it does not get lost...

poor noobs who come along and miss all the important stuff buried in archived topic purgatory because someone will post a topic about how frustrating it is that th way have to feed/brush their horse

we'll always have Paris :)

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
4 weeks ago#85
Jackson7777 posted...

poor noobs who come along and miss all the important stuff buried in archived topic purgatory because someone will post a topic about how frustrating it is that th way have to feed/

Jackson7777 posted...

poor noobs who come along and miss all the important stuff buried in archived topic purgatory because someone will post a topic about how frustrating it is that th way have to feed/brush their horse

Wait, that would be a helpful tip. It takes me multiple brushes to ge my horse clean. Is there a better way to do it than to stand next to your horse and spam the brush prompt button? I'd like to brush my horse while walking along but I can't spam the brush prompt button for continuous brushing.
Brushing while riding takes forever to get him clean. I'd rather get off my horse and spam for continuous brushing to get it done faster.
RDR2, "Now THAT'S a fish." Arthur Morgan
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

Jackson7777
4 weeks ago#86
KJBDEFENDER posted...
Is there a better way to do it than to stand next to your horse and spam the brush prompt button?
As you probably know simply riding your goooud guuuurl or goooud boah through a stream or shallow water will insta-clean them... but it is not as loving and kind as brushing them. I enjoy brushing my horse... and by brushing my horse, I mean using a brush to clean and smooth my horse hair... and by horse... I mean the animal I ride in the game.

Speaking of that.... one of the best features of this game, and there are many great features, is the horses and how they act and look and ride and behave and buck you off or not if it is a war horse. If R* messed up some things in this game.... maybe or not... BUT they got horses right. They are perfect. I even take the saddle off my horse sometimes, even though there is no game benefit for it.... still I think my horse likes me to that, at least if it would liked it if it was a real horse.

GiddyUP

Jackson7777
4 weeks ago#87
Is this the new players tip thread?

User Info: GSid

GSid
4 weeks ago#88
Jackson7777 posted...
Is this the new players tip thread?

You’re a real son of a b****....👌🏼✌🏼❤
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

Jackson7777
4 weeks ago#89
GSid posted...
You’re a real son of a b****....👌🏼✌🏼❤
and now a song... :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Bg0jjJhgQ

Jackson7777
3 hours ago#90
Save your game...

.... and use a Waterpik, rinse with diluted Listerine and brush your teeth every night before sleeping.

Thems just good ideas.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. TIP: New Players READ!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A