You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Say what you want about RDR2 Story Mode. It could be worse...

User Info: GSid

GSid
4 weeks ago#1
Look at the dumpster fire that RDR2 Online was, is and will continue to be. I don’t think I’ve enjoyed such satisfaction knowing I haven’t wasted my valuable time on that non sense.

I will take all these little graphic problems, respawn issues, etc compared to the trash Rockstar is implementing for RDR2 Online.

It’s comforting and hilarious to know Rockstar is still patching money glitches over game breaking glitches. How can anyone defend these type of antics??

My point is I’m grateful for Story Mode even without a DLC compared to what they’re doing to the RDR2 Online base.

Anyone else grateful they haven’t touched Online?
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

User Info: monkyby87

monkyby87
4 weeks ago#2
I wouldn’t say I’m grateful I haven’t touched online, I just have no desire to. I don’t like having to continually pay to play a game. That’s what these online modes essentially are. To keep enjoying the game, you need to keep paying. The grinding you can do instead of paying isn’t fun. And if I’m not having fun, then what am I doing?
SP is a lot of fun, an even if I’m just riding around the map not doing much, I find that far more entertaining then doing chores online to eventually get an enjoyable experience.
Plus, I don’t like my enjoyment of a game I purchased to be partly dictated by other people I can’t control.
3DS FC: 5344-0417-6988

GSid
4 weeks ago#3
monkyby87 posted...
I wouldn’t say I’m grateful I haven’t touched online, I just have no desire to. I don’t like having to continually pay to play a game. That’s what these online modes essentially are. To keep enjoying the game, you need to keep paying. The grinding you can do instead of paying isn’t fun. And if I’m not having fun, then what am I doing?
SP is a lot of fun, an even if I’m just riding around the map not doing much, I find that far more entertaining then doing chores online to eventually get an enjoyable experience.
Plus, I don’t like my enjoyment of a game I purchased to be partly dictated by other people I can’t control.

2018-2019 Rockstar ruined any online for me with updates geared towards “Pay to stay current.” “Pay to win”, or grind your life away.

I thought it wasn’t as bad from 2014-2017. I had the blinders on. I didn’t notice the gradual decrease in original game modes to cookie cutter battle royal(adversary modes).

At least with Story Mode you know what you’re getting. Of course I miss the CoOp portion of multiplayer, but not at the expense of loss of free time.
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

User Info: Bleakwail

Bleakwail
4 weeks ago#4
GSid posted...
Look at the dumpster fire that RDR2 Online was, is and will continue to be. I don’t think I’ve enjoyed such satisfaction knowing I haven’t wasted my valuable time on that non sense.

I will take all these little graphic problems, respawn issues, etc compared to the trash Rockstar is implementing for RDR2 Online.

It’s comforting and hilarious to know Rockstar is still patching money glitches over game breaking glitches. How can anyone defend these type of antics??

My point is I’m grateful for Story Mode even without a DLC compared to what they’re doing to the RDR2 Online base.

I just don't understand why they had to deviate so far away from RDR 1's Online design.

If only they had used the same template!

I LOVED RDR 1's Online more than the Story Mode itself!

As for RDR 2. First thing is first: I NEVER play the "Beta" of anything.

So my initial plan is still in motion; I'm waiting for the RDR 2 online to be completely "finished", before I even give it a try.

All I have heard is terrible stuff about it, though, which is disconcerting.

GSid
4 weeks ago#5
Bleakwail posted...
GSid posted...

I just don't understand why they had to deviate so far away from RDR 1's Online design.

So my initial plan is still in motion; I'm waiting for the RDR 2 online to be completely "finished", before I even give it a try.

About selling micro transactions to people who don’t have the time to grind the game or people who get so frustrated with the game modes they pay to stay ahead

User Info: Bleakwail

Bleakwail
4 weeks ago#6
GSid posted...
Bleakwail posted...
GSid posted...

About selling micro transactions to people who don’t have the time to grind the game or people who get so frustrated with the game modes they pay to stay ahead

Ah... I wasn't even aware of the micro transactions until now. I haven't been paying much attention to it. I've just been reading that it has/had some really disappointing features.

I'll have to look up these micro transactions and see what they are selling, and just how bad it is... Ugh...

User Info: monkyby87

monkyby87
4 weeks ago#7
Bleakwail posted...
GSid posted...
Bleakwail posted...
GSid posted...

Ah... I wasn't even aware of the micro transactions until now. I haven't been paying much attention to it. I've just been reading that it has/had some really disappointing features.

I'll have to look up these micro transactions and see what they are selling, and just how bad it is... Ugh...

I think it’s just mostly gold bars, but that’s what you need to get anything of value in the game.
3DS FC: 5344-0417-6988
(message deleted)

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
3 weeks ago#9
I enjoyed the story, with the exception of Guarma , I felt chapter 5 just destroyed the pace and did nothing to further the story for me.
I honestly think most of the complaints about the story come form people getting bogged down in all the other sideline stuff [upgrades, hunting etc ] and forgetting that there is actually a story

For me its a 2 or more play game
1st game, blast though it .learn the mechanics and what is going on
2nd and consecutive plays ...take it slow, and do everything you can before the end

I have done 3 plays for various reasons and am still finding and learning things
On a new play now, and sitting in chapter 2 till I get the Pearson Jacket and doing all the side stuff etc
Then I will sit in chapter 3 till I have completed all that can be done
Make a ton of money,[ I know its not necessary, but I want John to be as rich as possible so he can stay in fancy hotels and not have to put up with Abigail] let the Aberdeen pig farm hold it for me, and then move relatively quickly to the epilogue
Then spend my days as John doing whatever I want.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Say what you want about RDR2 Story Mode. It could be worse...