• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. I can't receive mail from the post office, and no newspapers. Any help?

User Info: BlueThunderWolf

BlueThunderWolf
1 month ago#1
I’m currently on my third playthrough of the game. The first two playthroughs were completely fine, and I had no issues. This third one, however? I’ve been running into some problems. Namely, the two issues I mentioned in the title.

The mail thing is just odd to me. I’m on Chapter 4, and I’ve already turned in the 22 bones that Arthur can find, the 10 rock carvings, 10 of the fish for Jeremy Gill, and I just beat the story mission where you go to the mayor’s mansion and steal the files from his office. After that, you’re supposed to get the letter from the mayor, asking for your services. I noticed the symbol over the mail station, so I went to it. As soon as I got there, the mark went away, and I was unable to receive anything. Anybody know a fix do this? Judging from what I’ve researched, sending a support ticket to Rockstar hasn’t done a damn thing for anybody.

And as for the newspaper issue, it’s just wonky. On my first two playthroughs, the newspaper boy was always there, and I could buy any issue as soon as it released, or any older ones that I missed. On this playthrough, though, it only lets me buy the current issue, and then the vendor disappears. What the hell is going on with this?

I’m on Xbox One by the way, if that’s any useful.
There is nothing here.

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
1 month ago#2
BlueThunderWolf posted...
I’m currently on my third playthrough of the game. The first two playthroughs were completely fine, and I had no issues. This third one, however? I’ve been running into some problems. Namely, the two issues I mentioned in the title.

The mail thing is just odd to me. I’m on Chapter 4, and I’ve already turned in the 22 bones that Arthur can find, the 10 rock carvings, 10 of the fish for Jeremy Gill, and I just beat the story mission where you go to the mayor’s mansion and steal the files from his office. After that, you’re supposed to get the letter from the mayor, asking for your services. I noticed the symbol over the mail station, so I went to it. As soon as I got there, the mark went away, and I was unable to receive anything. Anybody know a fix do this? Judging from what I’ve researched, sending a support ticket to Rockstar hasn’t done a damn thing for anybody.

And as for the newspaper issue, it’s just wonky. On my first two playthroughs, the newspaper boy was always there, and I could buy any issue as soon as it released, or any older ones that I missed. On this playthrough, though, it only lets me buy the current issue, and then the vendor disappears. What the hell is going on with this?

Well this is the PS4 Board ....so you being on Xbox......is really of no use to us

That being said
My 3rd play, No problems with newspapers......but never received 2nd mail from the dinosaur lady
Everything else was fine

User Info: Bleakwail

Bleakwail
1 month ago#3

I'm super sorry to hear that you're dealing with this.

I'm on the Xbox One X.

I am on my second playthrough.

The first one, I only made it to chapter 4.

You're right. Sending trouble tickets is a waste of time. Rockstar tech support is a bunch of worthless idiots.

I really hope you get this figured out, as I am worried that I will encounter this in my game.

I'm bookmarking this thread to keep checking back to see if you've gotten any answers.

By the way, when you started this CURRENT playthrough that you're on, did you begin playing with the most recent patch at the start of your game?

nnulda posted...

Well this is the PS4 Board ....so you being on Xbox......is really of no use to us

What the hell does that even mean?

"Of no use to us". Who is "Us"?

You speak for everyone on this forum?

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
1 month ago#4
nnulda posted...

That being said
My 3rd play, No problems with newspapers......but never received 2nd mail from the dinosaur lady
Everything else was fine

why even bother replying if you're gonna say something like this?

I'm on xbox and post here cause it's the most active board and so do many others

I haven't run in to this issue in any of my playthroughs, TC

this is a long game and it would suck to have to start over, hopefully it works its way out
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: C_Hansen5808

C_Hansen5808
1 month ago#5
Bleakwail posted...

I'm super sorry to hear that you're dealing with this.

I'm on the Xbox One X.

I am on my second playthrough.

The first one, I only made it to chapter 4.

You're right. Sending trouble tickets is a waste of time. Rockstar tech support is a bunch of worthless idiots.

I really hope you get this figured out, as I am worried that I will encounter this in my game.

I'm bookmarking this thread to keep checking back to see if you've gotten any answers.

By the way, when you started this CURRENT playthrough that you're on, did you begin playing with the most recent patch at the start of your game?

nnulda posted...

What the hell does that even mean?

"Of no use to us". Who is "Us"?

You speak for everyone on this forum?

Why did you restart at Chapter 4?
"You like those cookies, have a seat"

User Info: C_Hansen5808

C_Hansen5808
1 month ago#6
BeefEaster posted...
nnulda posted...

That being said
Everything else was fine

I'm on xbox and post here cause it's the most active board and so do many others

this is a long game and it would suck to have to start over, hopefully it works its way out

I see the point of his comment. Maybe it’s an Xbox problem. Not as PS4 problem? Something wrong with the system
"You like those cookies, have a seat"

User Info: Yshnu

Yshnu
1 month ago#7
C_Hansen5808 posted...
BeefEaster posted...
nnulda posted...

That being said
Everything else was fine

I see the point of his comment. Maybe it’s an Xbox problem. Not as PS4 problem? Something wrong with the system

That would be my conclusion as well. I don’t know why everyone takes things so personal.
RDR2 is not about reaching a destination, it is about experiencing the journey

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
1 month ago#8
Yshnu posted...
C_Hansen5808 posted...
BeefEaster posted...
nnulda posted...

That being said
Everything else was fine

That would be my conclusion as well. I don’t know why everyone takes things so personal.

I also did point out quite clearly

On My 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!! play,
No problems with newspapers......
But never received 2nd mail from the dinosaur lady
Everything else was fine

But of course the Toxic Avengers take offence that I made a reference to this being the PS4 board

And as usual, takes the part of the post that suits their purpose to attack and not the entire point I put across

...............children...!!!!!!!!!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. I can't receive mail from the post office, and no newspapers. Any help?
  • Topic Archived