• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. I know I should like RDR2... but I don't. Help me like it!

User Info: lurker1234

lurker1234
1 month ago#21
Jellybird posted...
He who drinks from the deep water
May he know the depths of the well

Huh? Who are you, Dumbfucius? Thanks for making the general population dumber today.
(message deleted)

User Info: Jellybird

Jellybird
1 month ago#23
lurker1234 posted...
Jellybird posted...
He who drinks from the deep water
May he know the depths of the well

Huh? Who are you, Dumbfucius? Thanks for making the general population dumber today.

Some people lash out when they don't understand things...
The cheese stands alone.

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
1 month ago#24
BeefEaster posted...
no story?

this is one of if not the most story focused open world game I've ever played

Ya this is actually my only complaint in the game. Everything is too focused on the story. In RDR1 you do missions all over the map for all sorts of people. Ranch hands, sherrifs, army, rebels, government, outlaws, etc ontop of all the stranger missions and bounties. There’s like a dozen different homes you can buy all over the map. In RDR2 everything is focused around the gang and the camp and very little exists outside of that story wise.
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: Tryagain82

Tryagain82
1 month ago#25
I absolutely loved RDR1 and look back on it as one of my favorite games of all time. RDR2 striked me as having that potential for the first 20 hours, but it became clear pretty quickly that it would not live up to RDR1 after that.

Mediocre gameplay with no challenge and many concepts that go nowhere. Meandering, repetitive story that ultimately felt like a setup for RDR1 rather than something of it's own. Lots of missed opportunities to make something as impactful as RDR1.

I think one of the reasons I really enjoyed it at first is that it struck me as a "simulation" rather than a game. I mean, you had to cook your food, shave, bathe, travel everywhere in real-time, abide by the rules... it's great. For the first 20-40 hours at least. I really think it's just too long by about 60 hours.

User Info: SammaeL

SammaeL
1 month ago#26
RDR is one of my absolute favorite games. I really tried to enjoy RDR2 but I just couldn't. It's not a bad game, it just isn't for me. They changed too much.

I have a busy schedule so I gravitate towards open world games as they're easier to jump in and out of in a hurry, but I couldn't do that with RDR2 and feel like I accomplished anything. Everything feels like it's a chore, taking too long, partially due to the animations and layered controls.

I made it to Chapter 3 or 4 before I lost all motivation to play. Traded it for Assassins Creed : Odyssey. Enjoying that much more as it suits my play style better.

User Info: frankspank

frankspank
1 month ago#27
You have paid exactly no attention if you think there is no story to speak of. I smell a troll.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. I know I should like RDR2... but I don't. Help me like it!
  • Topic Archived