• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. How come the captions don't match the dialog.

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
2 months ago#1
How come the captions don't match the dialog at all? Good thing I'm not deaf or I would have no idea what's going on, I like to keep the text up but I've noticed it says wildly different things.

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
2 months ago#2
Maybe it's picking up background conversations if you are in the saloon, or at camp. I'll bet the captions are normal when you meet someone riding on the trail.
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
2 months ago#3
I've noticed that too

even when I play with captions turned off I still get random captions that will pop up and say s*** no one even said

it's weird
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: Uchiha_Hai

Uchiha_Hai
2 months ago#4
PumpkinBelmont posted...
How come the captions don't match the dialog at all? Good thing I'm not deaf or I would have no idea what's going on, I like to keep the text up but I've noticed it says wildly different things.

I've mentioned this several times. It's likely due to cut content and/or voice actors improvising on the fly.

User Info: edinolf

edinolf
2 months ago#5
KJBDEFENDER posted...
Maybe it's picking up background conversations if you are in the saloon, or at camp. I'll bet the captions are normal when you meet someone riding on the trail.

Nope. That’s often some of the worst. Some dude will be threatening to kill me and the caption will say “Nice horse” or something like that.

User Info: Xempt

Xempt
2 months ago#6
ive had it where i was involved in a conversation that was showing captions and then some others nearby were having a conversation that was picked up and captioned too. if you listen everything is fine, if you just read then things make no sense. but other than that, ive had no issues

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
2 months ago#7
edinolf posted...
KJBDEFENDER posted...

Nope. That’s often some of the worst. Some dude will be threatening to kill me and the caption will say “Nice horse” or something like that.

I'll have to turn on the captions so I can enjoy the confusion.
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
2 months ago#8
I've noticed this too but with how much dialogue there is I'm not surprised.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: MGSFAN612

MGSFAN612
2 months ago#9
The only time I notice that is in camp conversations that Arthur has with people(not the campfire stories)

Other than that I believe everything matches but now I will try paying closer attention
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-Edmund Burke
PSN/XBL: MGSFAN612 NNID: MGSFAN316 PkmnGo Id 9009 3329 3305

User Info: wulfman75

wulfman75
2 months ago#10
I've noticed it a lot with Micah. He'll say you think you're a big man and the caption will read what's your problem lol
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. How come the captions don't match the dialog.
  • Topic Archived