• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. How many days till Orchids respawn?

User Info: TrentallicA

TrentallicA
4 weeks ago#1
I’m currently doing the exotics mission and am curious how many days till the orchids respawn.
All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster
GT - Trantula45

User Info: GSid

GSid
4 weeks ago#2
TrentallicA posted...
I’m currently doing the exotics mission and am curious how many days till the orchids respawn.

After you pick them. Ride to the Saint Denis saloon that you can rent a room. Sleep as long as you can. Manually save the game, then load that save. Should respawn. Works too with Plume hunting
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

User Info: wulfman75

wulfman75
4 weeks ago#3
There are enough spawns so you can get them all at once.

User Info: Natural510

Natural510
4 weeks ago#4
Also you can’t jump ahead, so you have to complete the current stage of the quest before the next set of exotic flowers spawn.
Red Dead Online: "It's like single player, but worse in every way". - guerillakidney

User Info: wulfman75

wulfman75
4 weeks ago#5
Natural510 posted...
Also you can’t jump ahead, so you have to complete the current stage of the quest before the next set of exotic flowers spawn.

are you sure on this? because I had a few of some and at least one of each from doing herbalist 9 and they counted.

User Info: Natural510

Natural510
4 weeks ago#6
wulfman75 posted...
Natural510 posted...

are you sure on this? because I had a few of some and at least one of each from doing herbalist 9 and they counted.

It was the case with Acuna’s Star orchid and at least one other. I did find the Rat Tail orchid and Cigar orchid before starting the quest, so maybe it depends on the rarity.
Red Dead Online: "It's like single player, but worse in every way". - guerillakidney

User Info: edinolf

edinolf
4 weeks ago#7
Hmm... I haven’t started that yet and I have a few of every kind of orchid for herbalist challenge.

User Info: khain37

khain37
4 weeks ago#8
Natural510 posted...
wulfman75 posted...
Natural510 posted...

It was the case with Acuna’s Star orchid and at least one other. I did find the Rat Tail orchid and Cigar orchid before starting the quest, so maybe it depends on the rarity.

Not sure...but I know I've had a few that counted toward the next step. Gator eggs, Heron plumes, a few of the exotic flowers...had no issues.

Didn't take the same approach for hunting requests though.
FFRK RW:
Main: Tyro (lvl 99) God Wall - FCv2; Alt: Auron USB - Syzo

User Info: patriot_14

patriot_14
4 weeks ago#9
Post #15 answers everything...future people...

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/200179-red-dead-redemption-2/77378829

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
4 weeks ago#10
khain37 posted...
Natural510 posted...
wulfman75 posted...
Natural510 posted...

Not sure...but I know I've had a few that counted toward the next step. Gator eggs, Heron plumes, a few of the exotic flowers...had no issues.

Didn't take the same approach for hunting requests though.

I found a spider orchid, sparrows egg orchid and Gator eggs whilst looking for others and they did show up as less too find when their respective hunts began

Plumes.....not so much, I already had a quantity and had to do them ALL again

This is by far the most time consuming and frustrating quest so far

Possible spoilers

I have a guide, and can supply the link , its pretty vague as the marker dot is huge , but it gives you the general area .....I did resort to this as it was taking way too long

There is a spawn point for Plumes, usually 5 birds at a time, Gator infested too
It requires killing the birds , ride to Rhodes, stagecoach to Emerald Station, sleep ride back to Bayou
Sounds time consuming, but real time is around an hour for your 30 plumes

Re the Orchids spawn......why worry?
Yes Hunting is them is a pain, though the last hunt only took a short time as they were very easy compared to the others
And the time taken in hunting will be less than waiting for them to spawn again

Tip
Look for them at night
The scent trail they give is very hard to see in the day...

Have your Varmint rifle with you and some bigger bore just in case a predator comes along

I got, badgers, muskrats, rats, snakes, opossums etc
And at least 100 Gator meat and teeth..........if you are not into killing so many Gators, the Varmint will scare them off

If you want the link to the guide let me know,
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. How many days till Orchids respawn?
  • Topic Archived