• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Beginner crafting questions

User Info: Ocelot Rising

Ocelot Rising
1 month ago#1
In regards to crafting at the Trapper, are the outfits purely cosmetic? If so I can skip gathering 90% of what he's asking for as I'm not too fussed about new clothes. Also, are there any differences in the challenge rewards, e.g. between the Gambler bandolier and the Sharpshooter one? If not, I guess there is less need to do all the challenges (I already have one of each of the 4 types of reinforced equipment).

In regards to crafting with Pearson, are the non-satchel upgrades all purely cosmetic?

Also (slightly off topic), did I miss the first party at camp? I rescued Liam, returned to camp and nothing was going on in camp. I slept, saved the game and came back a few days later - when I loaded, everyone was stood around drinking (it was 8am - those party animals) but nothing was actually happening so I left. I looked at a video and there's singing, dancing and all sorts. Did I miss anything important, or can I just watch a video on YouTube? How can I avoid missing the next one? Must be some kind of bug.

Thanks!
7000 laters

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
1 month ago#2
everything from the trapper is cosmetic except for the weapon equipment and saddles

everything from pearson is cosmetic except for the satchels

once you craft a satchel you get the benefits from all the ones you've purchased regardless of if you equip it or not

same with the weapon equipment, once you unlock an entire set you always have the stat boost whether you wear it or not but the sets do have different stat boosts

there is however a special outfit you can get from the trapper for completing all the challenges and it does give you quite a few stat boosts
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: edinolf

edinolf
1 month ago#3
Camp upgrades make people happy and get them to contribute more. They talk to you differently too.

Sounds like you probably did miss a party.

User Info: rockabilly_man

rockabilly_man
1 month ago#4
As for the party.
There is only one more big camp party and it starts right after a main mission so it's really hard to miss.

User Info: khain37

khain37
1 month ago#5
Ocelot Rising posted...
If not, I guess there is less need to do all the challenges (I already have one of each of the 4 types of reinforced equipment).

FYI, if you want to unlock the final 2 "levels" in health, stamina and deadeye, you will need to complete all 9 challenge categories. Max you can get these stats is to level 8 without them...level 9 is obtained by completing 1 challenge for each category (i forget which unlocks which) and level 10 is by doing all 3 in each category.
FFRK RW:
Main: Tyro (lvl 99) God Wall - FCv2; Alt: Auron USB - Syzo

User Info: Xempt

Xempt
1 month ago#6
honestly, my first play through i did very little crafting, little to no hunting or fishing other than when i needed food. and i played through at a fast pace. i missed a lot.

now on my 2nd playthrough, ive slowed down, done a ton of crafting and am enjoying the game much better, and seeing so much more that i missed. and im just in chapter 3
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Beginner crafting questions
  • Topic Archived