• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. How did it take me this long to realize you can steal a horse with kindsness?

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#1
I've been wanting a palomino Morgan again with the recent death of my white Shire, Gwynevere.
So here I was moseying through Valentine when I see one, and decide to give it some lovins. While I'm patting it I think, "Hmm, I wonder if I can make this boah like me enough for him to follow me." Sure enough, a few brushes and handfuls of hay later, and he's mine! :D

TL;DR If you ever see a riderless horse that you like and you don't want to accrue any negative attention, just give the horse some lovins, and their loyalty will shift in your favor. :)

EDIT: Kindsness >_<
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: klyrner

klyrner
1 month ago#2
I just like your Arthur impression. "boah".

My favorite is how he makes the word "sure" like 17 seconds long.
"SJW" - The quickest online version of an IQ test. Anyone using the term is most assuredly short a useful amount of brain cells.

User Info: Yshnu

Yshnu
1 month ago#3
Yeah, I’ve done that with horses before. Scored a nice American Standard and a Nakota that way. I’ve also taken horses from bounty hunters. Stat wise, those horses are trash though. But if you like them, that’s all that matters.

It’s weird how we get attached to a horse in this game. When I lost Constantine last night, I could have reloaded the game to get him back, and almost did, but then I opted to go buy a new one and break him in. I think you have to roll with the punches in this game and I don’t like reloading past saves. It feels like cheating to me.
RDR2 is not about reaching a destination, it is about experiencing the journey

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#4
klyrner posted...
I just like your Arthur impression. "boah".

My favorite is how he makes the word "sure" like 17 seconds long.

Shyauh!

Mr Penguin 007
1 month ago#5
Yshnu posted...
Yeah, I’ve done that with horses before. Scored a nice American Standard and a Nakota that way. I’ve also taken horses from bounty hunters. Stat wise, those horses are trash though. But if you like them, that’s all that matters.

It’s weird how we get attached to a horse in this game. When I lost Constantine last night, I could have reloaded the game to get him back, and almost did, but then I opted to go buy a new one and break him in. I think you have to roll with the punches in this game and I don’t like reloading past saves. It feels like cheating to me.

Yes! I could've reloaded, (granted it was a ways back) but the weight of the death would've been bypassed! It felt wrong in a way. Almost disrespectful lol. Weird indeed.

User Info: klyrner

klyrner
1 month ago#6
Shyauhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
"SJW" - The quickest online version of an IQ test. Anyone using the term is most assuredly short a useful amount of brain cells.

User Info: merManc

merManc
1 month ago#7
Let's get you lookin' niiiiiice...

I also usually don't reload if a horse dies. Arthur's leopard blanket Appaloosa burned to death after some moron shot something flammable at the oil refinery. (It wasn't me.) She literally ran through fire to try to get to him and help him to safety, and died in the process. Tempting as it was to reload, it would only have cheapened her noble sacrifice.

edit - I wreaked just and bloody vengeance on every refinery guard and bounty hunter who had been involved in that travesty. The last one got hog-tied and fire-bottled.

Karma.
So... not giant balloons?

User Info: ninjaman44

ninjaman44
1 month ago#8
That's....

mah....

boah....

*chuckles softly*
http://media.fyre.co/q4hG2ZRSeKzHqZ3YcA8z_1156.gif http://media.giphy.com/media/BdyMLr7I1Qliw/giphy.gif https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFyU-TpWgAAkNXh.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. How did it take me this long to realize you can steal a horse with kindsness?
  • Topic Archived