• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Is the epilogue 20 hours long?

User Info: KingofRogues

KingofRogues
1 month ago#1
My friend says it was only about 5-6 hours for him...But for me..it just never ends. I have been doing only story missions and here its is 15-20 hours later and I have no idea how much more...On top of that I have been skipping as much as possible. Anytime i can kill myself 3 times and skip that section ...I DO that...and Still its taking FOR...ever

User Info: Jellybird

Jellybird
1 month ago#2
KingofRogues posted...
My friend says it was only about 5-6 hours for him...But for me..it just never ends. I have been doing only story missions and here its is 15-20 hours later and I have no idea how much more...On top of that I have been skipping as much as possible. Anytime i can kill myself 3 times and skip that section ...I DO that...and Still its taking FOR...ever

I'm not sure how long it was but it was definitely much longer than I expected. I really enjoyed it actually.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
1 month ago#3
why even bother playing the game if you're gonna skip past key gameplay and story moments?
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: Shadow Flare

Shadow Flare
1 month ago#4
BeefEaster posted...
why even bother playing the game if you're gonna skip past key gameplay and story moments?

True. The only time I ever skipped a mission was The Bridge To Nowhere, because I kept getting hit by the damn train, f*** that mission
War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
1 month ago#5
Really depends on how you are asking the question
You need to be more specific

If you are just doing the story mission after mission [which you kinda have to do in Epilogue 1 ]
And then Mission after mission in Ep 2
Then NO WAY are Epilogue 1 & 2 15 to 20 hours
6 to 10 hours at the most

However as Epilogue 2 leads into complete map free roam
And there are the dinosaur bones to complete and some legendary animals and if like me, you left many strangers, treasure hunt, rock carvings rare weapons, masks, hats it could take as you say, forever

But Epilogue 1 & 2 as just the story conclusion mission after mission......as I said 6 to 10 hours tops
Just completed it yesterday
But spent a lot of today doing rock carvings and any dinosaur bones and dreamcatchers that are close by the carvings

User Info: Bleakwail

Bleakwail
1 month ago#6
BeefEaster posted...

Easily the best comment I've ever read.

The Epilogue can last as long as you want it to last.

I never want this game to end. I'm dreading the end.

Sounds like you just want it to be over as soon as possible, like having a tooth pulled.

Why would anybody want to rush and slop through the game is beyond my comprehension.

This game is a masterpiece work of art.

User Info: roperpoker

roperpoker
1 month ago#7
I think I'm going to stop playing when I hit the epilogue and play a new game.

I like the idea that I have John's moment to come in the future when I decide to pick it up again.
The only time MacMillan was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake. - ( ')
ARTE ET LABORE

User Info: wulfman75

wulfman75
1 month ago#8
Me I'm grateful I got the New Austin glitch when I could because I'm trying to do everything I can as Arthur. only thing I'm leaving for john is the veteran, because honestly if I wan to play as John, I'll play Rdr 1.

Just my opinion...

User Info: Jellybird

Jellybird
1 month ago#9
Shadow Flare posted...
BeefEaster posted...

True. The only time I ever skipped a mission was The Bridge To Nowhere, because I kept getting hit by the damn train, f*** that mission

Lol I got hit by trains repeatedly when attempting the horseman challenge 9. Drove.Me.Crazy.

User Info: MattVSin

MattVSin
1 month ago#10
Shadow Flare posted...
BeefEaster posted...

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN, CJ!
PSN: MattVSin
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Is the epilogue 20 hours long?
  • Topic Archived