• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. 2nd time playing the story. Impressions (spoilers)

User Info: Shadow Flare

Shadow Flare
1 month ago#1
I started another file about a week ago, this time for the most part I am doing the dishonorable thing instead of trying to be the good guy (some story decisions I will still do the right thing though, or if it will reward me with free items etc), and later on when Arthur gets TB, I’m going to try to finish the rest of the game with high honor, changing his ways and take Micah’s eye, and leave Buell for John again

Sure, I don’t have the gold bar glitch this time around so no unlimited money, but I think the one in Limphany respawns and so does the one at Braithwaite later on after you burn it down. And correct me if I’m wrong but does still trying that old gold bar glitch net you one, or two bars now?

I’ve also robbed a lot of houses, killed a lot of innocent people (especially if they are a******s to me), and looted stranger corpses.

I have noticed, though... since this is my second time playing through the game, I’m a lot more accurate and ruthless in gun fights, headshots and kill shots left and right even though I’m only on Chapter2 and barely have weapons worth mentioning yet.

I also check mission objectives and have racked up some gold and silver medals here, I think I’ve only gotten a copper on one mission thus far.
Who knew being evil pays off, lol? Has anyone else had some restarting the game from scratch after finishing it the first time?
War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.
(message deleted)

User Info: Shadow Flare

Shadow Flare
1 month ago#3
I actually haven’t gone to Limphany yet, but was planning on stopping by there every now and then for a little gold, just to pay off any annoying bounties or to upgrade weapons, etc.

After I went back into the Bayou for Hosea’s mystery book, I did the mission where you rescue Reverend Swanson from the train tracks, got gold the second try, first try I screwed up and got a wanted level somehow so I restarted the entire mission.
I was debating on saving Sean next, or doing the mission where Kieran takes you after some O’Driscolls.

And as far as the wolf dreams go, I was hoping for only one or two of them (Chapter 3, and maybe when you get sick) but I definitely want to finish with high honor so I can take Micah’s eye, given going back for the money isn’t hard.... last time I helped John, it was a wonderful ending but I kinda want to f*** Micah over because I can’t stand him
War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.

User Info: res1999

res1999
1 month ago#4
I'm currently in my second playthrough (chapter 6), but still playing honourable. This time I really took my time in each chapter, doing everything possible and collecting as much as possible. I also noticed I'm a bit better at shootouts, but I guess it's just from playing longer and knowing better how to handle weapons etc.

But overall, I enjoyed the 2nd playthrough more even if the story won't probably hit me that hard anymore than during the first one (I'm still not able to finish chapter 6 though). Exploring is still fun if you have a sense of the map and where to go, and there's still enough stuff that you will discover by chance. And I often stop and take screenshots of the scenery which I rarely did on session 1.

I've just bought RDR1 and Undead Nightmare recently (haven't played them before) and decided to start the main game now, giving Arthur a well-deserved break in Chapter 6. And after that I'll probably go back to RDR2 and finish it. I'm curious to discover what impact the Epilogue will have once I know the complete backstory of RDR1. I rushed through the epilogues during my first play, mainly because I missed playing as Arthur. John was ok, but I just didn't feel a connection. Maybe that'll change...

User Info: GSid

GSid
1 month ago#5
Shadow Flare posted...
I actually haven’t gone to Limphany yet, but was planning on stopping by there every now and then for a little gold, just to pay off any annoying bounties or to upgrade weapons, etc.

After I went back into the Bayou for Hosea’s mystery book, I did the mission where you rescue Reverend Swanson from the train tracks, got gold the second try, first try I screwed up and got a wanted level somehow so I restarted the entire mission.
I was debating on saving Sean next, or doing the mission where Kieran takes you after some O’Driscolls.

And as far as the wolf dreams go, I was hoping for only one or two of them (Chapter 3, and maybe when you get sick) but I definitely want to finish with high honor so I can take Micah’s eye, given going back for the money isn’t hard.... last time I helped John, it was a wonderful ending but I kinda want to f*** Micah over because I can’t stand him

This is by far the best map/guide when it comes to repawnable items like large jewelry bags & gold nuggets. This should help with money. I didn’t glitch any gold bars and I’m up to $90k on my 2nd 100% playthrough.

https://primewikis.com/guides/rdr2-all-lock-boxes-chests-locations/
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction
(message deleted)

User Info: HipHopBeats

HipHopBeats
1 month ago#7
Jackson7777 posted...
@res1999 posted...
I've just bought RDR1 and Undead Nightmare recently (haven't played them before) and decided to start the main game now,
GREAT IDEA!! You chose wisely... you are going to have a blast! RDR1 was so fun...

I thought it was more videogamey fun than RDR2. I liked it a lot! I liked the fast camp travel, doing all the stuff... and then doing the other stuff... breaking horses is actually challenging and fun, night watch if really fun! the moto-cross style horse jumps over hills was funny, the challenges are more worthy... it is all fun and funny... easy to play and it moves along.

This is exactly why I had more fun with RDR1. RDR2 is way had way too much realism for me to thoroughly enjoy.
Who cares? Just play the game instead of popping a blood vessel over meaningless sh.. - DoMyBest

User Info: Yshnu

Yshnu
1 month ago#8
res1999 posted...
I'm currently in my second playthrough (chapter 6), but still playing honourable. This time I really took my time in each chapter, doing everything possible and collecting as much as possible. I also noticed I'm a bit better at shootouts, but I guess it's just from playing longer and knowing better how to handle weapons etc.

But overall, I enjoyed the 2nd playthrough more even if the story won't probably hit me that hard anymore than during the first one (I'm still not able to finish chapter 6 though). Exploring is still fun if you have a sense of the map and where to go, and there's still enough stuff that you will discover by chance. And I often stop and take screenshots of the scenery which I rarely did on session 1.

I've just bought RDR1 and Undead Nightmare recently (haven't played them before) and decided to start the main game now, giving Arthur a well-deserved break in Chapter 6. And after that I'll probably go back to RDR2 and finish it. I'm curious to discover what impact the Epilogue will have once I know the complete backstory of RDR1. I rushed through the epilogues during my first play, mainly because I missed playing as Arthur. John was ok, but I just didn't feel a connection. Maybe that'll change...

Trust me, you will feel the connection after finishing RDR1.
RDR2 is not about reaching a destination, it is about experiencing the journey

User Info: res1999

res1999
1 month ago#9
^^
already off to a good start! :) Just did my first few missions with Bonnie, and like it. While it is obviously not as smoothly designed as RDR2, it really holds up so far. I can already see that the world is also filled with tons of stuff to do, and it will definitely keep me busy for a while. And knowing a bit about the controls from RDR2 makes it much easier to play.

Although I'm already aware of the major plot twist in the story (the big similarity to RDR2...), I'm looking forward to meet the rest of the old gang on my way. I had to smile when I first met Marion - sorry, Bill -, now a gang leader... never pictured him like that during RDR2. :)

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
1 month ago#10
I have done a few plays now
Just got to epilogue on 3rd proper run
You honestly don't need to worry about honour till chapter 6, and you get [as you probably know,] a couple of missions that boost it right up
I only used on found gold bar and a few nuggets and still had $400, on me when my time came
Own all the outfits, [god knows why] all guns fully customised
And had done every single upgrade available
Money is nit an issue

Just have fun
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. 2nd time playing the story. Impressions (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived