• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. RDR2's Unsolved mysteries list (SPOILERS)

User Info: atomicgarden

atomicgarden
3 weeks ago#1
Hello all. I’ve decided to compile a list of all the unsolved mysteries of RDR2. I know there is probably videos and other lists out there but I wanted to make one for the gfaqs forum.

I’m not including stuff like the giant skeleton or the man made mutant because I don’t think there is nothing to solve and nothing more than what they are. Just cool easter eggs. I might compile a lists of the paranormal and weird stuffs later. Let’s concentrate the conversation on stuff that haven’t been found yet and that there might be more to it.

Gavin :

Well ? « Has anyone seen Gavin ? ». Some people are starting to think that Gavin cannot be found but I don’t know...Why would this guy that you can interact with show up in almost every town looking for his friend ? Where is Gavin ?

Whatever happened to Karen ? :

After the epilogue you can meet or read about the whereabouts of every surviving members of the gang. We know the fate of everybody. All except Karen. Should we just assume she just died drunk somewhere and there is nothing more to it ? That would be odd that R* made sure we can find what happened to everybody but just one character that just disappeared...

The legendary channel catfish :

After catching every legendary catfish, we go fishing with Jeremy for the legendary 200lb catfish. Jeremy catch it but then gets pulled in the water to his death. Now we could just think the fish is not catchable, but there is still a space for it in the compendium + the fish location appear on the map like the others. However, note that the compendium mark the fish as catched even though we don’t. There is also reports of people emailing R* and they said the fish is real and catchable. Probably a case of being at the right place at a very specific time ?

The missing princess :

In Van horne we can find a poster about a princess that went missing years ago and there is a reward. We can also read about it in one of the newspaper. Some of her belongings can be found in the Van Horne’s fence. There is also that dog that won’t stop barking and crying next to her stuff. Nobody has found the princess yet. Is she even in the game ? Are we just to assume the Murphy’s took her or something ?Some are starting to think this is a side quest that got scrapped. Or is it ?

The Emerald ranch girl :

Personally, I almost didn’t include this one because I think there is nothing more to what we can already find. However, since a lot of people think that there is an unsolved way to free the locked girl, I included it. Long story short ; in Emerald ranch you will hear gossips about the rancher’s daughter that has disappeared. You can find a letter in a wagon for her. The author, her cousin, is worried that she doesn’t respond to her letters. We learn her boyfriend died and that her protective father might be preventing her from getting her mail. In the saloon you can find a crime scene and nearby, the boyfriend’s grave. If you go to the house, the father is hostile about people coming close. It is possible to see the girl in the window upstair at night. Well ? Do you think it’s possible to free her ? Personally I think there is nothing more than getting the story.

User Info: atomicgarden

atomicgarden
3 weeks ago#2
The red glowing pentagram :

In Butcher’s Creek there is a red glowing pentagram that appears only between 4 and 5am on the ground of one of the cabins. Nobody has found a way to interact with it or it’s purpose. Just a random eerie easter egg or is there more to it ?

The panoramic map :

Probably the biggest mystery of the game. The panoramic map can be found by two frozen settlers in the west grizzlies. The drawing on the map is one of the view you can get from top of Mount Shann. If you go to the spot where you can get this view on the land, there is a drawing on the rocks that match the map. There is 5 lines, leading to 5 dots. Some people claim two of them match the two UFO’s spots, meaning there is three more sightings nobody found. Others think it’s unrelated to the UFO’s and the lines match the location of the 5 major towns of the game. The purpose of the panoramic map is still unknown. There is also that weird pillar with rocks around on top of Mount Shann. Is it related ?

Discuss and feel free to add anything I might have forgot.

User Info: Natural510

Natural510
3 weeks ago#3
The prevailing theory is the 200lb catfish is Jeremy himself, since he was “cat fishing” (in the modern context) people with his stories.
Red Dead Online: "It's like single player, but worse in every way". - guerillakidney

User Info: kainzow42

kainzow42
3 weeks ago#4
As far as Butcher creek. I haven't done the butcher creek mission yet so dont know if this has to do with anything. Anyway I got in a fight with the whole town and near the end some mutated guy attacks me. He was all covered with big lumps and I think his skin was a reddish color. Have no idea where he came from.

User Info: khain37

khain37
3 weeks ago#5
atomicgarden posted...
Whatever happened to Karen ? :

After the epilogue you can meet or read about the whereabouts of every surviving members of the gang. We know the fate of everybody. All except Karen. Should we just assume she just died drunk somewhere and there is nothing more to it ? That would be odd that R* made sure we can find what happened to everybody but just one character that just disappeared...

For what its worth, this was in the wiki...and I vaguely remember seeing it my first time through. Just got to epilogue on my 100% run so maybe I'll keep an eye out to confirm:

"Following the gang's downfall, Karen's fate remained unknown; in a letter to John, Tilly surmised that Karen drank herself to death."

While not confirmation, its probably a solid guess based on her behavior.
FFRK RW:
Main: Tyro (lvl 99) God Wall - FCv2; Alt: Auron USB - Syzo

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
3 weeks ago#6
heard the gavin stranger is an injoke at rockstar about a developer named gavin that left the company, whether that true or not is beyond me
http://i.imgur.com/GIugA1n.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/ZVQbkqz.jpg

User Info: GSid

GSid
3 weeks ago#7
Appreciate the thought, but this has been on going since launch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RDR2mysteries/
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

User Info: GSid

GSid
3 weeks ago#8
Natural510 posted...
The prevailing theory is the 200lb catfish is Jeremy himself, since he was “cat fishing” (in the modern context) people with his stories.

I’m 99.9% sure that’s the point of it. Gotta love Rockstar messing with completionist
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

User Info: good_tobi

good_tobi
3 weeks ago#9
Of all those, only princess mystery is of interest to me. Also, I don't think there is any thing more to find on about emerald ranch girl.
Don't need sharingan to see this.

User Info: luke_skywatcher

luke_skywatcher
3 weeks ago#10
3rd meteorite.
Search your feelings, let go of your hate.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. RDR2's Unsolved mysteries list (SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived