• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. I really don't understand the negativity towards this game

User Info: GSid

GSid
4 weeks ago#31
Yazarogi posted...
I'm pretty sure anyone complaining about the controls or whatever, especially with the video guides online on how to at least improve them marginally, are just bad at games in general and can never adapt to new control types.

I went from GTAO to this. At first the controls were tricky. I failed more than succeeded. But I learned from it. Practiced. Now it’s zero issue at all.

I think it’s a mindset. If it(anything) doesn’t work the way you want it. Its not your fault. Its _______ fault.

Adapt or perish
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

User Info: TheSauce

TheSauce
4 weeks ago#32
Jtrain89 posted...
Kilgore_Trout posted...
I love reading how butthurt everyone here is that God of War win goty instead of this. Who cares?

I never thought I'd agree with you but.... Yeah, it's pretty great huh?

I keep forgetting GoW exists.

I beat it once, it was a great experience. Unfortunately, to me it was a linear one-and-done game and clearly forgettable.

I can still see why it would win game of the year for some people. Personally, it doesn’t even come close to the greatness that is RDR2 and I actually prefer the fantasy setting to westerns.

People say the amount of realism hurt the game, but I love every bit of it. I dont believe RDR was made for a casual audience.

TheSauce
4 weeks ago#33
OutsiderHall posted...
I think being overly positive or overly negative is equally bad, because a lot of time its either blind love or hatred with little reasoning thrown in.

Why can't people accept this game as it is, a decent game with flaws. Some might like it, some might not, its all good.

I can’t think of many flaws off the top of my head. Most of the things that people complain about are due to user-error, except for maybe some of the realistic aspects of the game, but that’s just a difference in taste.

The wanted system could probably be tweaked a little bit, but even that is fine for the most part. To me anyway.

For the most part this game is worthy of the title game of the generation, next to the Witcher 3.

User Info: Kilgore_Trout

Kilgore_Trout
4 weeks ago#34
GSid posted...
Yazarogi posted...
I'm pretty sure anyone complaining about the controls or whatever, especially with the video guides online on how to at least improve them marginally, are just bad at games in general and can never adapt to new control types.

I went from GTAO to this. At first the controls were tricky. I failed more than succeeded. But I learned from it. Practiced. Now it’s zero issue at all.

I think it’s a mindset. If it(anything) doesn’t work the way you want it. Its not your fault. Its _______ fault.

Adapt or perish

That's one way to look at it.

Personally I think the controls in this game are terrible, but I definitely didnt find the bad controls adding to the degree of difficulty. I didn't feel the bad controls and difficulty were related at all.

Overall this is a very, very easy game. The control scheme is pretty bad, but I didn't find myself dying as a result, more just scratching my head wondering if the developers really thought they did a good job on that aspect of the game.
(message deleted)

TheSauce
4 weeks ago#36
Foxifeaw posted...
Look, this game is great and overall, I enjoyed my experience enough to plat it. That said, there are some seriously glaring flaws that to ignore, would indicate a severe lack of critical thought on one's part. If you're able to play through a game completely unperturbed by its issues, I truly envy you, but it's ridiculous to pretend that this is a perfect game, and as such, should be immune to criticism. I'm generally pretty patient with games, yet found my patience waning frequently during my first playthrough.

Just curious, what are some examples of those flaws, in your opinion?
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. I really don't understand the negativity towards this game
  • Topic Archived