• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Problem with the open world stuff is I don't feel compelled to do any of it

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
3 weeks ago#11
Beyond01 posted...
Speaking of the treasure hunts. So I got the Walton gang treasure map, (I think that’s what it’s called) the one with three maps leading to one another... and I was kind of baffled by how little info they give you as to where the location is.

I understand that the whole point and fun of it is to find it, based on the drawings of the map. But the world in the game is so huge! It would be like finding a needle in a heystack. So I guess the developers thought you should just play the game and one day you’ll see something that looks like the area on the map by chance?

I used a guide to find the treasure and it was still fun. I just don’t know how I would have done it without a guide.

I take one glance at those maps, and fold em back up.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: darren19822000

darren19822000
3 weeks ago#12
It gets boring for sure. Just the walking and riding horseback for 5 minutes between each mission.

Maybe because I over explored in ch 2 and now have killed folks for near stranger mission side quests, I’m just plowing thru the story. Kinda sucks when you have someone shoot you and you kill them only to find out there was some mission for them (Aberdeen pig farm comes to mind)

As I get older I don’t want to waste time traveling. Don’t get me started on the tiny heads when using dead eye. Again maybe my old eyes just aren’t up for it
DJ, quit the blatant lying and making things up. - Error1355 (Moderator)

User Info: ChaseFAQs

ChaseFAQs
3 weeks ago#13
It took a few years for everyone to realize GTA IV was actually a s***ty game and it will take a few years for everyone to realize just how special a game Red Dead Redemption II is. It's a masterpiece and a game changer in open world function and design.

User Info: XBPilot

XBPilot
3 weeks ago#14
Nukedollar posted...
I quit!!!..............I'm not a soft dude but my feelings were hurt by this. I almost felt betrayed.

IMHO, you are a “soft dude” if your feelings were hurt by a video game. I hope your thumbs have recovered from the brutal fishing tutorials.

User Info: Bleakwail

Bleakwail
3 weeks ago#15
"Problem with the open world stuff is I don't feel compelled to do any of it"

-Strangest thing I've ever heard.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Problem with the open world stuff is I don't feel compelled to do any of it
  • Topic Archived