• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. **SPOILERS** Wisdom of the Elders, I Don't Understand the Story

User Info: CHURCHofSATAN

CHURCHofSATAN
1 month ago#1
So, who's the bad guy here?

So, the Native American looking guy was trying to get the people of Butcher's Creek to leave because the water was poisoned. He says that the mining company only found lead and arsenic and it was his job to get the people to leave. So, the lead and arsenic was poisoning the water? The mining company accidentally released it into the water? So Arthur actually harmed those people by getting rid of the Native?

Or did that Native guy add some different poison? I don't really understand what the deal is here.
Your sig is extreme cringe by the way. Very embarrassing. -Colossus-X

User Info: Godshammer666

Godshammer666
1 month ago#2
I think he was trying to rip them off of their land with that contract at the end

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
1 month ago#3
the guy pretending to be an indian works for the mining company

he was trying to trick the butcher's creek people in to signing over their land to him so the mining company could quietly sweep the poisoned water under the rug
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: Yshnu

Yshnu
1 month ago#4
I loved it when Arthur told him to drink the water. The dude was horrified because he knew what was in the water. The poor dopey people of Butcher’s Creek would’ve bought the St. Denis bridge if it was offered.

Did Leviticus Cornwall own the mining company? That scam seemed right up his alley.

User Info: Decoy77

Decoy77
1 month ago#5
The Native was working for the mining company. And the paperwork he was trying to get them to sign was basically saying they give up all rights to sue the mining company due to damages caused by their mining. The lead and arsenic in the water was due to the mining company screw up so the people there would have a great case to sue the crap out of them for damages.
5-27-15 The day Gfaqs died
i7 4770k | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | EVGA GTX 1070 8GB | 16GB RAM | ADATA SP600 256GB | 3TB HD | Asus 23.6'' @ 1920 x 1080, Win10 x64
(message deleted)

User Info: wulfman75

wulfman75
1 month ago#7
Jackson7777 posted...
Speaking of Butchers Creek and the totally normal people who live there...

Ya wanna have some fun?
Go to butchers creek at 4AM (some say 5AM)(EITHER WAY... TIME FLYS IN THE GAME)
and look under the floor boards of the shack by the road there.. it glows red... a glowing red pentagram!

If you want to have a better look at it... toss a stick of dynamite into the shack and blow the floor.

Fair warning- save your game before doing this so you can be like Cher (turn back time) in case it goes poorly.
Be sure to have proper long and short guns and plenty of ammo... just in case the good, normal, stable minded folks of butchers creek take offense at your attack on their church... they probably wont, it will be fine. Just explain that you wanted a closer look at the gateway to heII, for science or something. They will probably be reasonable and go back to peacefully butchering pigs.

And speaking of pigs...
For proper atmosphere, before all the fun starts, pick up (and put on) your pig mask hanging on a hook by the butcher area.

Watch out for that damn goat. Bastard gets me everytime I go there lol

User Info: wulfman75

wulfman75
1 month ago#8
After crawling around in that s*** in the cave behind Elysian Pool for the poisoned treasure Arthur might develop something worse than TB...
(message deleted)

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
1 month ago#10
I was scoping out some enemy gang members with my binoculars up in the mountains and a goat came outta no where and knocked me off the ledge I was standing on and I almost died

edit: this was in real life btw, not the game
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. **SPOILERS** Wisdom of the Elders, I Don't Understand the Story
  • Topic Archived