You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. The Ties That Bind Us glitch... *MAJOR LATE GAME SPOILERS*
So I did The Ties That Bind Us in Chapter 4 as Arthur, and I decided during the mission to turn both Mr. Black and Mr. White in.

Well, right now, I'm in Epilogue 1, playing as John, and they're right outside Rhodes, in their prison get-up, arguing exactly like they were when I ran into them as Arthur.

Anyone else run into this bug?
(edited 1 week ago)
Apparently if you don’t complete this quest line as Arthur it restarts with John. I thought that I had finished it as Arthur, but I must have missed the last portion of the mission. I did it again with John and accidentally stumbled across the final meeting with them today actually, completing the quest line. If you turned them in, then I am guessing that you didn’t finish it either. This is the only stranger mission I have seen that completely resets in the epilogue/postgame.
"Massive, massive quantities. And a glass of water, sweetheart, my socks are on fire!"
-- Gordon Cole

User Info: Zarley420

Zarley420
1 week ago#3
I've never turned them in so IDK. Pretty sure the tree stand is the end of it if you help them.

User Info: Luke_the_Duke15

Luke_the_Duke15
1 week ago#4
So... it's only considered "finished" if you don't turn them in?

That's not much of a choice.
Luke_the_Duke15 posted...
So... it's only considered "finished" if you don't turn them in?

That's not much of a choice.

That’s my guess. Though it may be possible to turn them in after finishing the mission but don’t quote me on that.
"Massive, massive quantities. And a glass of water, sweetheart, my socks are on fire!"
-- Gordon Cole
(message deleted)

User Info: Yshnu

Yshnu
1 week ago#7
Yup, same exact thing happened to me. I turned them both in to get the bounty and got the mission again in the epilogue. I was actually entertained by the quests. I thought the last encounter with them was hilarious.
Yshnu posted...
I thought the last encounter with them was hilarious.

I liked their old, married couple dialogue. Made me chuckle.
-- Gordon Cole
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Yshnu

Yshnu
1 week ago#9
TakashiMifune85 posted...
Yshnu posted...
I thought the last encounter with them was hilarious.

I liked their old, married couple dialogue. Made me chuckle.

Exactly!!! The conversation resembled the banter I sometimes have with my wife. So funny.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. The Ties That Bind Us glitch... *MAJOR LATE GAME SPOILERS*