You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Am I the only person who doesn't love this game?
(message deleted)

User Info: Gobstoppers12

Gobstoppers12
1 week ago#12
Th3Hamburg1ar posted...
Moved on to Spiderman now, and it's night and day to play a game that's actually fun to play

RDR2 is definitely more about atmosphere and story than it is about "fun gameplay." Not to say that RDR2 isn't fun, but there's a lot of downtime, and the traversal is such an afterthought that there's literally an option to hold X to auto-drive (auto-horse) to where your waypoint is.

It's also a long game, and in some ways it seems artificially so. The cumbersome fast travel mechanic is largely to blame. I'll never understand why there isn't just a mini-map fast travel interface like in Spider-man, Assassin's Creed, and most other modern open world games.

For GTA V, driving around was a big part of the fun factor. High speeds, various road types (highway, city streets, forest paths, etc.), and lots of other cars made it entertaining to drive. I still pop in GTA V sometimes just to drive around and take shots out the window.

RDR2 basically punishes you for fun behavior in the mean time. Either in the form of low honor or a bounty/wanted system that strongly limits a person's ability to have fun on the fly. In GTA V, you could go on a town-wide crime spree and fight the police to the death from the inside of a shipping container, but once you died/got arrested, you'd lose a small sum of money and everything would be back to how it was before you started.

Long-term consequences are stifling in an open-world game like RDR2. Ignoring all the time padding travel sequences, the weird control choices (like auto-removing your rifles every time you sit on a horse), glitches, etc., it's just weird to play a Rockstar game where random acts of violence turn into long-term consequences.
I write Naruto Fanfiction.

User Info: es289408

es289408
1 week ago#13
Yeah I've got a friend who says she doesn't like spaghetti because she hates tomato and basil together. You remind me of her I'm gonna start calling you Sabrina
I'd done took to drinkin' and whorin' till hell wouldn't have me.

User Info: iHateMutanTs

iHateMutanTs
1 week ago#14
I don't know something with this game just clicked with me and I got so freaking hooked on it which is honestly something I haven't experience in a game in quite a while, whether that's because of my age, the quality of modern games, or maybe both, I don't know.

Finishing the story, I was so excited for the Online release, I had such high expectations of it with how the camping system is in the story... man, what a disappointment that turned out to be. I really wish they could have gotten the online portion right.
How to ruin your Triple A game in 2 easy steps.
1) Cut out content for DLC. 2) Loot Boxes. // Special bonus if naive gamer's defend your horrid practices.
(edited 1 week ago)
Yup. Literally no one else on earth disliked this game. It's united humanity and ushered in world peace. You disliking it implies you are a threat. Authorities will be arriving shortly to...neutralize that threat.

Seriously, it seems widely acknowledged to be excellent in some areas and disappointing in others, and the real question simply comes down to whether or not the good overshadows the bad for the player. I think, objectively, it's over-rated, as you'd have to openly ignore agreed-upon problems to proclaim it 10/10 greatest game of the generation, but subjectively, I get why a lot of people totally geek over it, or completely hate it. It's unfortunate that Rockstar is too proud to take feedback, like a director building amazing sets and great costumes, then throwing some ugly filter over it and wasting it (Heaven's Gate).
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus

User Info: Amatsubu

Amatsubu
1 week ago#16
No, I haven't yet heard of a game universally liked by everyone. I love it for what it does and don't really have any issues with the things people usually don't like about it, like Rockstar's trademark tanky controls.

However, it's not GTA and some people just find the direction too tedious/boring realistic etc. Personally, everything in RDR2 just clicks for me but it won't for everyone.

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
1 week ago#17
Considering a variation of this topic is made near daily, no.
"I learned about the blues from this kitten I knew, her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb. My heart's like a wound."

User Info: Jtrain89

Jtrain89
1 week ago#18
Is this your first time on Gamefaqs? Welcome.

No, this topic is made daily, both on here and the PS4 board. Most people are just trying/failing to be edgy. Others the game just doesn't click for them.

Which are you?
PSN: JJJTrain1989
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World, Red Dead Redemption 2

User Info: Kilgore_Trout

Kilgore_Trout
1 week ago#19
No..but be ready. Not liking this game is an unforgivable sin and makes you an irreconcilably bad person to some of the people in this board

User Info: Jtrain89

Jtrain89
1 week ago#20
Kilgore_Trout posted...
No..but be ready. Not liking this game is an unforgivable sin and makes you an irreconcilably bad person to some of the people in this board

Lol. You made a whole post specifically to insult the developers and people who like this game. You made offhanded insults for 5 pages throwing shade at people that disagreed with you. But yes, you are the victim.

That. Is. Hilarious.

Like everyone said in that previous topic, disliking the game is okay, even criticizing the game is okay. But if you are just there to talk s*** and insult people, that's where things get iffy, and that's where I stop feeling bad for you when people jump down your throat to call you out.
PSN: JJJTrain1989
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World, Red Dead Redemption 2
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Am I the only person who doesn't love this game?