You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Favorite non-story moments that happened to you?

User Info: Jtrain89

Jtrain89
1 week ago#1
I hope this type of post hasn't been overdone!

I'm relatively new to the game and the board. Still working my way through the world. I just got to Chapter 3, and the game is really starting to click for me. I'm really beginning to just get pulled in to this beautiful and insanely detailed world. I've adjusted to the slower pace and have started to enjoy every minute I get to spend with Arthur and the gang. Honestly, it's tough to put the controller down sometimes.

Anyways, I just wanted to hear some cool stories about things that have happened to you while wandering around in this world. No spoilers if at all possible!

It's insane the amount of scenarios and cool things that can happen in this game. A few recent moments that happened that were amazing:

Robbing someone. Someone sees what I'm doing, becomes a witness, starts running. I chase him down and lasso him off his horse. I start horse tying him. Someone sees me doing that (Kidnapping) and starts running to tell. I chase after him, lasso him off his horse, then hog tie him. I decided to let him go hoping I didn't get another witness, and thinking he wouldn't tell after I did that. He starts fighting me. I didn't realize I still had my knife in my hand so I end up stabbing him. Dead. I pick him up, start bringing his body into the woods, and someone else sees. At this point, I just run and end up getting away.

It was insane how things can just hit the damn fan in this game. It was a really (stressful) fun moment.

Also, the whole Watson's Cabin thing was really amazing. I shot my gun up in the air so that they'd come out, then I did and dead-eyed all 4 of them in a row with my pump action.

Lastly, made camp the other night, and slept through the night. When I woke up from camp, a whole herd (about 7-8) of deer were RIGHT OUTSIDE my tent. It was insane. So, of course, I bust out my Springfield and get the one buck that's in perfect condition. As I'm riding away, I hear a loud roar and notice a grizzly bear. Kill him as well. Then notice a perfect elk. Kill him and... I'm out of run to carry pelts. Look around with my binoculars and see some wild horses nearby. End up taming a wild horse and riding off into the sunset with all my loot! Such a damn good game.
PSN: JJJTrain1989
Currently Playing: Monster Hunter World, Red Dead Redemption 2

User Info: Jellybird

Jellybird
1 week ago#2
This is a post I made earlier...

I'd been searching for cougars for a hunting challenge and wasn't having any luck. Anyway, I was in Big Valley roaming through the woods when I came upon an O'Driscoll camp and I love killing O'Driscolls. So I raise my rifle, get a red dot on someone and pull the trigger. All of a sudden red dots pop up on my radar like they should but there's one behind me! In a split second, I think oh s*** they've got backup which is weird this soon and as I'm turning around to shoot him, I hear a cougar roar, get knocked off my horse and go rolling across the ground. I get up with a cougar charging me. Shoot him in the face with my bolt action just before he reaches me, turn around and lay waste to the rest of the O'Driscolls. When everything was quiet I just sat there in silence for a minute staring at the screen running the whole thing through my head.lol

That was only one of many. Things just find a way to spin out of control in this game. It keeps you on your toes. And your first paragraph explains exactly how I felt at the point you're at. Game really hits it's stride and pulls you in. I made it to chapter 6 but my PS4 crashed and had to initialize. Usb backup has me back to end of chapter 4 but could be worse. Enjoy every second man.

User Info: Shrimp_Man

Shrimp_Man
1 week ago#3
Jellybird posted...

I'd been searching for cougars for a hunting challenge and wasn't having any luck. Anyway, I was in Big Valley roaming through the woods when I came upon an O'Driscoll camp and I love killing O'Driscolls. So I raise my rifle, get a red dot on someone and pull the trigger. All of a sudden red dots pop up on my radar like they should but there's one behind me! In a split second, I think oh s*** they've got backup which is weird this soon and as I'm turning around to shoot him, I hear a cougar roar, get knocked off my horse and go rolling across the ground. I get up with a cougar charging me. Shoot him in the face with my bolt action just before he reaches me, turn around and lay waste to the rest of the O'Driscolls. When everything was quiet I just sat there in silence for a minute staring at the screen running the whole thing through my head.lol

That was only one of many. Things just find a way to spin out of control in this game. It keeps you on your toes. And your first paragraph explains exactly how I felt at the point you're at. Game really hits it's stride and pulls you in. I made it to chapter 6 but my PS4 crashed and had to initialize. Usb backup has me back to end of chapter 4 but could be worse. Enjoy every second man.

I had something similar happen to your cougar story only it was a grizzly bear. I was attempting to hogtie them all to do the dynamite 4 enemies at once challenge and the shooting attracted the bear. They got wrecked and then I got wrecked. lol
PSN: Shrimpie
Steam: darth_shrimpie

Jellybird
1 week ago#4
Shrimp_Man posted...
Jellybird posted...

I had something similar happen to your cougar story only it was a grizzly bear. I was attempting to hogtie them all to do the dynamite 4 enemies at once challenge and the shooting attracted the bear. They got wrecked and then I got wrecked. lol

Lol what!? I actually want to try and recreate that scene. Did the bear kill them or did you dynamite then first?

Shrimp_Man
1 week ago#5
Jellybird posted...
Shrimp_Man posted...
Jellybird posted...

Lol what!? I actually want to try and recreate that scene. Did the bear kill them or did you dynamite then first?

I think this was in the middle of my attempt to just toss dynamite in the middle of them so I think one got killed by an explosion but the rest were just shooting. I was on the outside of the circle so I think they got attacked first then me but I honestly can't remember. That happened in November or December. And it was the O'Driscoll camp nearby the grizzly spawn point near Wallace Station.

Jellybird
1 week ago#6
Shrimp_Man posted...
Jellybird posted...
Shrimp_Man posted...
Jellybird posted...

I think this was in the middle of my attempt to just toss dynamite in the middle of them so I think one got killed by an explosion but the rest were just shooting. I was on the outside of the circle so I think they got attacked first then me but I honestly can't remember. That happened in November or December. And it was the O'Driscoll camp nearby the grizzly spawn point near Wallace Station.

Lol awesome! I know what you mean...things can get chaotic in this game. Worth trying just for the chance to see O'Driscolls get mauled by a bear.

Shrimp_Man
1 week ago#7
Jellybird posted...
Shrimp_Man posted...
Jellybird posted...
Shrimp_Man posted...
Jellybird posted...

Lol awesome! I know what you mean...things can get chaotic in this game. Worth trying just for the chance to see O'Driscolls get mauled by a bear.

Watching O'Driscolls get what's coming to them is always worthwhile.

Jellybird
1 week ago#8
Shrimp_Man posted...
Jellybird posted...
Shrimp_Man posted...
Jellybird posted...
Shrimp_Man posted...
Jellybird posted...

Watching O'Driscolls get what's coming to them is always worthwhile.

*Spoilers*

There's a moment in chapter 6 when Colm O'Driscoll finally realizes he's about to get what's coming to him and it's amazing.
I was riding once near Annesburg, and I went into Butcher's Creek. Well, when I rode in, I accidentally stepped on a chicken.

About 5 seconds later I had literally the entire town chasing me and engaging me in a 1v30 fist fight.

Realizing the odds were stacked against me, I threw a stick of dynamite at them and wiped about two-thirds of them out.

I still had a bunch chasing after me and punching me.

I eventually just reloaded, but holy s*** it was hilarious.

Really wish I bothered to save that clip.

User Info: Yshnu

Yshnu
1 week ago#10
The first couple of weeks I played this game were crazy. It seems like I was constantly being ambushed by wild animals and the O’Driscolls. It’s as if everyone and everything was sneering at me and saying, “there’s some easy meat fellas, git’im!” Even Bighorn Rams would attack me. I can’t tell you how many times I died, but it was a lot. In my second day of play, I was wondering if I would ever master the controls.

In my second week of play I was getting somewhat comfortable with the controls, so I decided to discover the eastern side of the map. I met Black Belle and went south from there. Next thing I knew I was in the bustling town of St. Denis. I was walking along when some kid asked me to follow him into an alley. He had a bunch of thugs waiting there to jump me. One threatened me and I thought it was like RDR where you get a gunslinger challenge, so I drew on him and killed him. That’s when all hell broke loose. I had to gun down all the thugs, then the blue uniforms descended on me. I had to blast my way out of the alley and into the street where more cops awaited with blazing guns. I tried to get my horse to come to me and ended up running to him until my stamina was gone. I was fumbling with the controls to find a tonic to chug and I found myself at the waters edge. I figured I’d try to swim for it. I died a miserable death in the water. St. Denis quickly became my most hated place. Funny thing is Arthur didn’t much care for it either.

Today I play with utter impunity. Gangs rarely attack me now. The Murphrees tried an ambush last night and it was funny to hear their fear when they realized I dodged their trap. It’s cool being the apex predator in this game.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Favorite non-story moments that happened to you?