You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. I think I might be too old to enjoy this game

User Info: Kilgore_Trout

Kilgore_Trout
1 week ago#1
I went back this weekend after putting this game aside for a few months and I still think it just sucks. The reasons are pretty well documented at this point (terrible gameplay, inexcusably clunky controls, glaring pacing issues, etc.)

So my question to those of you enjoying the game is, how old are you? I don't mean it in an insulting way, I am just starting to think the reason I can't enjoy this game is because I can remember playing games growing up when solid, enjoyable gameplay in single player games was a higher priority then great graphics and atmosphere.

I'm just not willing to overlook all of the glaring issues this game has just because it's shiny.

User Info: nativengine

nativengine
1 week ago#2
I’m 33
Jive

Kilgore_Trout
1 week ago#3
nativengine posted...
I’m 33

I guess you just have bad taste then.. lol.

I'm kidding.

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
1 week ago#4
Nice try gamefaqs, but as I said before when you want to gather demographics... nope.

:D

Kilgore_Trout
1 week ago#5
Jackson7777 posted...
Nice try gamefaqs, but as I said before when you want to gather demographics... nope.

:D

Don't you say your age when you sign up? I can't remember

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
1 week ago#6
Kilgore_Trout posted...
I went back this weekend after putting this game aside for a few months and I still think it just sucks. The reasons are pretty well documented at this point (terrible gameplay, inexcusably clunky controls, glaring pacing issues, etc.)

So my question to those of you enjoying the game is, how old are you? I don't mean it in an insulting way, I am just starting to think the reason I can't enjoy this game is because I can remember playing games growing up when solid, enjoyable gameplay in single player games was a higher priority then great graphics and atmosphere.

I'm just not willing to overlook all of the glaring issues this game has just because it's shiny.

I’m almost 25 and I couldn’t agree more. A game with totally uninteresting characters, controls straight out of 2008, linear missions and 90% of the time is spent riding a horse.

It’s just awful and insulting to the original RDR. Cinematic junk.

User Info: merManc

merManc
1 week ago#7
Early 40s here. Loved Redemption (and Revolver.) RDR2 is my game of the generation to be honest, and creeping up on becoming my favourite ever. It's just clicked for me.
So... not giant balloons?

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
1 week ago#8
I'm 30 and I can't stop playing it.
"I learned about the blues from this kitten I knew, her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb. My heart's like a wound."

User Info: Beyond01

Beyond01
1 week ago#9
I’m 35 and I’m starting to get into it. What I’ve realized about this game is that you absolutely must be willing to get completely immersed in the game. Immersed into the atmosphere and the world. Only then will you begin to appreciate it and enjoy it. You gotta be open to learning the controls and yes, adapting to them. After playing the game for a few days I’m seeing a lot of similarities to the first RDR. If you could enjoy RDR1 then pretty sure you can enjoy RDR2.

The game is a marvel. I think you owe it to yourself to play through it at least one time. That’s what I’m doing. And I’m enjoying it.
Here we go

Kilgore_Trout
1 week ago#10
Beyond01 posted...
I’m 35 and I’m starting to get into it. What I’ve realized about this game is that you absolutely must be willing to get completely immersed in the game. Immersed into the atmosphere and the world. Only then will you begin to appreciate it and enjoy it. You gotta be open to learning the controls and yes, adapting to them. After playing the game for a few days I’m seeing a lot of similarities to the first RDR. If you could enjoy RDR1 then pretty sure you can enjoy RDR2.

The game is a marvel. I think you owe it to yourself to play through it at least one time. That’s what I’m doing. And I’m enjoying it.

I think this is the mark of a bad game though. If it was good it wouldn't take so much effort to enjoy.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. I think I might be too old to enjoy this game