• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Have I missed the Owl Trinket permanently? [spoilers, I guess]

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
3 weeks ago#1
So I found out that if you don't attack anyone during the Archaeology for Beginners mission you get a trinket - naturally I missed this the first time round, accidentally aggroed everyone by sliding down the cliff so had to shoot my way out - so I went back and beat it to pick it up. However, when I got back to the restore point I didn't get any prompt that I'd gotten it and it wasn't in my satchel under Kit with my other collected trinkets... but, the slot it occupies in my Compendium is now filled as though I have the item.

Is this normal behaviour/did this happen for others who missed it? I'm still in Chapter 6 though I don't think I have a malleable save to reload from, I did a ton of legendary hunting/trinket creation and stranger stuff after the mission that I'd rather not have to do again if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance!
"The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things.
There's no distinction between science and magic." ~ Patchouli Knowledge

User Info: Bleakwail

Bleakwail
3 weeks ago#2
FefnirOmega13 posted...
So I found out that if you don't attack anyone during the Archaeology for Beginners mission you get a trinket - naturally I missed this the first time round, accidentally aggroed everyone by sliding down the cliff so had to shoot my way out - so I went back and beat it to pick it up. However, when I got back to the restore point I didn't get any prompt that I'd gotten it and it wasn't in my satchel under Kit with my other collected trinkets... but, the slot it occupies in my Compendium is now filled as though I have the item.

Is this normal behaviour/did this happen for others who missed it? I'm still in Chapter 6 though I don't think I have a malleable save to reload from, I did a ton of legendary hunting/trinket creation and stranger stuff after the mission that I'd rather not have to do again if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance!

The Owl Trinket grants you a permanent perk. Said perk, should be in your list of perks by category. It should be showing up in the section where it has all of your discovered and undiscovered perks.

Replaying the mission without hurting anyone won't work.

You have to reload a previous save to redo the mission, proper, in order to get the trinket and perk.

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
3 weeks ago#3
Ugh, that's... annoying. I guess I'll go without it; It's like five hours back and I can't be arsed. It's an OK effect (and it would help given current story circumstances) but it's not something I'll lose sleep over... At least it's in my compendium now.

Thanks for the information.
"The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things.
There's no distinction between science and magic." ~ Patchouli Knowledge

User Info: jumi

jumi
3 weeks ago#4
If you don't have it in the Compendium (which you do), then replaying will get it in the Compendium, but you can't get the trinket unless you reload an old save.

I had the enemies aggro me after I grabbed the stuff, but I just ran and didn't attack any of them.

The trinket is good, but it's not game-changing. It does help with the debuff you got earlier in chapter 6, though.
XBL Gamertag: Rob Thorsman
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/robertvsilvers

User Info: xheartworkx

xheartworkx
3 weeks ago#5
That's so stupid. I completely stealthed this mission, and just did stealth knockouts on all of them except one that was laying down, instead of letting me stealth knock him out it killed him with my knife. I didn't get the trinket because I didn't know it was missable. So basically I screwed myself because of that one accidental kill. Ugh.

User Info: WakaFlockaCguls

WakaFlockaCguls
3 weeks ago#6
Yeah I missed it as well and decided it was worth doing 5hrs over as I wanted it on my main save with Arthur.

User Info: Saint_Blaise

Saint_Blaise
3 weeks ago#7
I restarted the game in the epilogue because I missed it. I just wanted everything the game had to offer.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Have I missed the Owl Trinket permanently? [spoilers, I guess]
  • Topic Archived