• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Is getting the Gold Rush trophy possible post game?

User Info: Cy-co

Cy-co
4 weeks ago#1
And how hard is it?

I'm on my second playthrough and some of these missions are infuriatingly hard.

Some missions (due to things like time constraints and number of dead eye kills needed) would be impossible on a replay since they give you basic equipment and no tonics.

Playing through the game like this is kinda killing it for me. I'd really like to do a 100% long play on this one, but I'm worried about locking myself out of a trophy by not worrying about golding the missions until the end.

I'm at the beginning of CH3 now and I've golded all but two missions.

I haven't been able to really play for a couple months because of work. I was hoping maybe Rstar would put out an update easing up on the gold requirements for some of these missions.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Any of you got the Gold Rush trophy? Any of you going fir this trophy?

Is it better to wait til end game, or do them as you play through?
Twitch Channel - https://www.twitch.tv/Cyka_Delik

User Info: i like rpgz

i like rpgz
4 weeks ago#2
If you want to have the easiest time getting them, do it your first time through. It's definitely not fun to save before each mission and restart them over and over, but the requirements are more doable with your full stats and load out.

Now, that's not to say they're impossible during replays. There are YouTube mission guides out there that walk you through golds using replay stats and load outs to show that it's possible. But doing it that way would probably be even less fun.

Either way you slice it, getting 70 golds isn't fun.
PSN: turkey_nuggets

User Info: Yshnu

Yshnu
4 weeks ago#3
I don’t understand the drive for gold. Gaming is about having fun, not about toiling endlessly for a meaningless trophy. For me, the trophies remove every element of fun.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
4 weeks ago#4
Yshnu posted...
I don’t understand the drive for gold. Gaming is about having fun, not about toiling endlessly for a meaningless trophy. For me, the trophies remove every element of fun.

If they unlocked things like they used to (360/PS2 gen and before), then they would be completely worth it. Now it's just to brag.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: Foxifeaw

Foxifeaw
4 weeks ago#5
Yshnu posted...

Gaming is about different things for different people. Some people like the challenge, some like the feeling of closure that comes with completion and some don't care for either of those. Isn't it wonderful that such a multitude of reasons exist for different people to enjoy the same thing?

User Info: kjhoh

kjhoh
4 weeks ago#6
It is better for you to get gold in the first playthrough because it is easier to get it, post game is definitely harder to get gold unless you are really skilled and patient enough, it is still possible.

I started getting gold in Ch4 in my first playthrough and replayed some of the missions from Ch1-3 to get the trophy. I don't know if it is a bug or what, I only managed to get the trophy with 73 golds.
http://www.mixcloud.com/kjhoh

User Info: Cy-co

Cy-co
4 weeks ago#7
It is kjhoh posted...
It is better for you to get gold in the first playthrough because it is easier to get it, post game is definitely harder to get gold unless you are really skilled and patient enough, it is still possible.

I started getting gold in Ch4 in my first playthrough and replayed some of the missions from Ch1-3 to get the trophy. I don't know if it is a bug or what, I only managed to get the trophy with 73 golds.

It is a bug. I read that on another forumn.

And to the people that don't get why people have a desire to platinum games, what is it to you?

I like to platinum games I really enjoy. Or at least try to.

Maybe I'll just continue golding them on my playthrough.

Does anyone know if you can watch cutscenes on timed missions without it affecting the time? I've read conflicting answers to this.
Twitch Channel - https://www.twitch.tv/Cyka_Delik

User Info: i like rpgz

i like rpgz
4 weeks ago#8
I don't think cutscenes count toward mission time.
PSN: turkey_nuggets

User Info: EwokCommanda

EwokCommanda
4 weeks ago#9
I'm still trying to decide if I should go for this at the same time as getting the other ones I missed (deliver items, camp activities), or if I want to try re-playing missions. But all I have left trophy-wise are those and hit 50 online...
EwokCommanda, Enigma, Wahooka, Skarr, and R-110 (and similars).

User Info: eston

eston
4 weeks ago#10
The requirements for getting gold are often ridiculous and will result in you having a lot less fun with the game
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/estonc/grizzly_bear_chairs_2.jpg http://i.imgur.com/8kjZU.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Is getting the Gold Rush trophy possible post game?
  • Topic Archived