• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Hate to ask about cheats in RDR2 but....

User Info: cheatermaster

cheatermaster
4 weeks ago#1
Apparently I understand that the game will not let you manually save the game at all. I understand disabling trophies and achievements if you use cheats. But the game won't let you save in any way at all. Not auto save, nor manual save either. And seems people are glad. Is it THAT good that you can't save if you cheat? Is it because some people are anti cheats and/or anti hacks or something?

I know I cheat. But even I refuse to cheat in online multiplayer. I at least have standards and lines I don't cross when it comes with cheating. For me, I only cheat in single player because generally most don't give an "f word" about cheating in single player. That and I'm tired of caring about people's opinion because I felt like listening to a majority of opinions is making me feel like people's opinions are controlling me. So I just do what I want and no longer care what people think (as long as it's single player). so anyways, surprise people are not that bothered and even are glad you can't save if you use cheats.

User Info: realrj

realrj
4 weeks ago#2
I'm playing just fine without cheats, but disabling saves when cheats are enabled is just too much, even if it doesn't affect me directly.

If they don't want you to use them, don't put them in the game. But not letting you save altogether?

GTA is widely known for the horses*** loads of cheats it has, and I never heard anyone complain about them at the time. Now with these almost "fanatic" online communities we have nowadays, they'll complain about everything. Even things that are not on online modes. And maybe this was rockstar trying to please them to get them like "Hey, i'll play that game online because it's anti-cheats and stuff"

I enjoy my offline games as much as online ones, so i don't mind cheats in offline modes to help people who need.
Disabling trophies? AWESOME
Disabling Saves? Nonsense

I'd love to activate a BUNCH of cheats and have fun after epilogue, but also be able to save, but oh well.
PSN: realrj
'Listen to my story. This may be our last chance'

User Info: StockpileThomas

StockpileThomas
4 weeks ago#3
cheatermaster posted...
And seems people are glad.

Not seen anyone be glad for that. Everyone i've seen mention it has been pissed off that they have to enter the long codes over and over. Rightly so too, singleplayer game should be able to play as you see fit.

User Info: RedJacket200

RedJacket200
4 weeks ago#4
I dont use cheats, but I agree. If somebody wants to use them and save let them do it.

What I really want is Directors Mode from GTA V.
PSN: Redjacket200
Gamertag: Redjacket200

User Info: Vodoo

Vodoo
4 weeks ago#5
Is it only manual saves that you can't do? Or does it not auto save either? And what about if you start the game with cheats enabled from the very beginning? Maybe it just won't save if you enable them mid-play?

I was planning on playing with cheats on my 2nd playthrough to negate some of the annoying realism and just have fun.

Seems like Rockstar went out of their way to ruin the single player experience for some people. First they patch out the money glitch, which I used so I don't have to micro manage getting weapons, ammo, or anything else I want to buy. Then they give you a whole bunch of cheats, but squash the experience by not allowing saves?!! I get disabling trophies, but saves? Then don't put them in the game.

I ended up using the money glitch because I bought the special edition, with 3 horses and outfits, and my game kept glitching and deleting my special edition horses. I would start with them in Ch. 2, but then they would transform into regular brown crap horses in the stable for some reason. Low stats and all, but still had the names I gave them. I figured that I paid extra for this content and it doesn't even work, so now I'll buy new horses.

User Info: realrj

realrj
4 weeks ago#6
Nope buddy, you don't get to save in any way possible. Not even auto-save
PSN: realrj
'Listen to my story. This may be our last chance'

User Info: ClericIdola

ClericIdola
4 weeks ago#7
RedJacket200 posted...
I dont use cheats, but I agree. If somebody wants to use them and save let them do it.

What I really want is Directors Mode from GTA V.

This and the Rockstar Editor
RED DEAD ONLINE CHRONICLES
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYhynQ6a6k_xvhO85JIPyx776hG8jC_Z8

User Info: Carmelo

Carmelo
4 weeks ago#8
I don’t know if this is the reason but I distinctly remember you were advised not to save with cheats on in San Andreas, because they could f*** with the game’s engine or potentially result in breaking glitches and force you to delete your save file or something

If that’s still the case it would make sense the developer would straight up not allow you to save. It isn’t exactly prudent game design to let the player f*** up their entire save file and not even realize it

User Info: I is smart

I is smart
4 weeks ago#9
Carmelo posted...
I don’t know if this is the reason but I distinctly remember you were advised not to save with cheats on in San Andreas, because they could f*** with the game’s engine or potentially result in breaking glitches and force you to delete your save file or something

If that’s still the case it would make sense the developer would straight up not allow you to save. It isn’t exactly prudent game design to let the player f*** up their entire save file and not even realize it

Prudent game design would include making sure cheats didn't f*** up save files in the first place.
Tah-rah-rah-boom-dee-aaay, did you get yours todaaay? I got mine yesterdaaay, that's why I walk this way.
i.imgur.com/FoxGIbC.jpg

User Info: Carmelo

Carmelo
4 weeks ago#10
I is smart posted...
Carmelo posted...

Prudent game design would include making sure cheats didn't f*** up save files in the first place.

in a perfect world sure, but given that was not accomplished, what is the correct decision? let the user mess up their game or don’t let them mess it up?
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Hate to ask about cheats in RDR2 but....
  • Topic Archived