• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Planning on starting RDR1 soon. What can I expect?

User Info: Ivynn

Ivynn
1 week ago#1
I finished RDR2 last night and loved it. Now I want to play the original (and kinda sequel) that's been sitting on my shelf for almost 6 years. >_> It was given to me by a friend, but I was never really interested in Rockstar games. I played GTA3 back in the day and a little of San Andreas. Never played Vice City, GTAIV, GTAV, or anything else. RDR2 finally broke that. I tried to play RDR1 in preparation for RDR2, but I never found the time (or interest, really). Even when I got RDR2, I was thinking of playing RDR1 first, but with everyone talking about RDR2 right now, I didn't want to miss the conversations lol.

So what can I expect in RDR1. I know I should expect some downgrades, but what else? Which characters will I be seeing again? Is Arthur Morgan a legend I'll be hearing about? All I know about RDR1 is that you play as John Marston, who I did like, especially in the Epilogue chapters. I also know, like Arthur, he dies at the end. At the time, I didn't care about hearing that spoiler since I thought I was never gonna play RDR1 anyway. Oops.

So, what should I expect? Any tips?
http://i.imgur.com/vDci4hD.gif
(message deleted)

User Info: osiris605

osiris605
1 week ago#3
A better game.

User Info: xamdamCO

xamdamCO
1 week ago#4
Ad_Victoriam posted...
Red Dead exists in a hellish universe where grizzly bears roam in f***ing packs, so don't mess around if you see more than one at the same time.

Omg. Those grizzlies. I'd almost forgotten about those grizzlies. Shivers at the memory.

User Info: Behaviorism

Behaviorism
1 week ago#5
Expect to see a better woman than that b**** Abagail
#1 Sarah Logan fan
(message deleted)

User Info: Ineedgold

Ineedgold
1 week ago#7
Expect a quicker paced and IMO a fun game also the story is amazing with allot of laughs.
I'm a doctor with 3 MDs, a PHD, 5 NYPDs and 2 STDs and I agree with this post.

User Info: RedRaven80

RedRaven80
1 week ago#8
Ad_Victoriam posted...
Without spoiling anything, you'll see Bill, Javier, Dutch, Abigail, Jack, and Uncle. This game was made almost a decade ago, so the other gang members weren't even thought of and you won't be hearing about them. Expect a few retconned details, clunkier controls, easier challenges, more useful dead eye, and less customization. Weapon degradation, eating, bathing, and pelt quality don't exist either, so you don't have to micromanage much. Also make sure to wear your bandana before committing crimes or losing honor.

Red Dead exists in a hellish universe where grizzly bears roam in f***ing packs, so don't mess around if you see more than one at the same time.

Lmao so true about the bears.
Quoth The Raven Nevermore
http://www.last.fm/user/Liquid_Exodus

User Info: TwistBL

TwistBL
1 week ago#9
I played rdr right before 2 and I have to admit it was kinda disappointing. It's a good game, but rdr2 is a lot better imo. RDR is great at the beginning, but it really starts to drag in the middle section, horribly so imo. The ending is great though. Definitely worth a play through, but I almost quit once I got to Mexico. That whole storyline during that section is really bad imo and doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of the over arching narrative. I felt like, what the hell am I starting a rebellion for when all I'm trying to do is find one guy. WTH is going on right now??!?

User Info: johnrayjr

johnrayjr
1 week ago#10
Ad_Victoriam posted...
Without spoiling anything, you'll see Bill, Javier, Dutch, Abigail, Jack, and Uncle.

Really?

I played the first game about six years ago and I don't remember it having a single character in common with RDR2 lol (other than Marston).
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Planning on starting RDR1 soon. What can I expect?
  • Topic Archived