• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Gambler 9 challenge

User Info: Zarley420

Zarley420
2 months ago#1
Win 3 consecutive domino games.

This one is actually harder than challenge 8 for me.

What is the secret to quitting mid game to preserve the streak? It's not working for me. I'm at Emerald ranch, does it only work at camp?

User Info: Bleakwail

Bleakwail
2 months ago#2
Zarley420 posted...
Win 3 consecutive domino games.

This one is actually harder than challenge 8 for me.

What is the secret to quitting mid game to preserve the streak? It's not working for me. I'm at Emerald ranch, does it only work at camp?

The way I did it was: Go to the Emerald Ranch play table.

If there are more than one guys at the table playing, lasso one of them off his chair (don't hogtie).

Of course run out of the area to avoid the law. When you ride back, there will always be just one opponent (this works best one against one).

When you win a GAME (not a round), check under progress-challenges, etc. And it will show 1 out of 3 consecutive games won.

Keep playing.

If.... The next game doesn't look like you're going to win it, leave the game, and then immediately buy in, and sit back down to play again.

It will still say you have 1 out of 3 games won.

This will also work for when you get to 2 out of 3 games won.

It's actually not that hard, this way, and pretty fun.

NO THE CHALLENGE CANNOT be done at camp.

User Info: DJB1234

DJB1234
2 months ago#3
^^^
I got it at emerald with same quit out if you look like loosing method so confirm it works
wawaw?

User Info: DJB1234

DJB1234
2 months ago#4
Wonder if your not quitting soon enough ?

Say you have to pass and the oponent can play there last one to win, thats too late, the game knows youve lost

So you have to know how to play the game abd recognise when you have a winning/loosing set

Remember in dominoes, including doubles there are 8 lots of each number, so by counting up you can know what tiles are left and judge how it will go
wawaw?

User Info: Joulurotta

Joulurotta
2 months ago#5
And any sort of loading will reset the counter.

User Info: Saint_Blaise

Saint_Blaise
2 months ago#6
Don’t save and load. Quit on your turn.

Zarley420
2 months ago#7
Yeah I must be cutting it to close. The result triggers immediately, so if you quit b4 animation is over it doesn't work. Thanks for the answers.

Zarley420
2 months ago#8
DJB1234 posted...
Wonder if your not quitting soon enough ?

Remember in dominoes, including doubles there are 8 lots of each number, so by counting up you can know what tiles are left and judge how it will go

It's 6 ain't it?

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
2 months ago#9
DON'T GO TO EMERALD RANCH!!

I don't know why, but I couldn't even win a round at that ranch. I ended up just doing it at Saint Denis as it is so much easier. The AI there doesn't cheat as often.

As for when you should quit, usually if my opponent reached 60 points or higher I quit. Also, if my opponent managed to score like 40+ points in the first round, I quit.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

User Info: khain37

khain37
2 months ago#10
Dr_Kain posted...
DON'T GO TO EMERALD RANCH!!

I don't know why, but I couldn't even win a round at that ranch. I ended up just doing it at Saint Denis as it is so much easier. The AI there doesn't cheat as often.

As for when you should quit, usually if my opponent reached 60 points or higher I quit. Also, if my opponent managed to score like 40+ points in the first round, I quit.

While I'm still working on win 3 rounds without drawing (F'in guy has won like 5 rounds vs me yesterday when I was about to win the round...did 3 in one game even ...) I find playing in St. Denis easier. I really like the 5's version, easier to do the math lol.
FFRK RW:
Main: Alphinaud (lvl 99) Deployment Tactics - FCv2; Alt: Rikku USB (lvl 80) - Syzo
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Gambler 9 challenge
  • Topic Archived