• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Just started the other day! What are some important things to look out for?

User Info: shayminguy7

shayminguy7
2 months ago#1
I know there are some missable missions to make sure I do, but what about other stuff u should get a head start on early in the game?

I doubt I'll go for the platinum with the gold medals and multiplayer trophies, but I still wanna get as many trophies as I can and experience as much as the game as possible.

I’m gonna look at the tips topic when I get home too. Thanks guys! I’m excited to go through this one.
3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6594 - 8429
Event List: https://goo.gl/ew5y15

User Info: Pilipino79

Pilipino79
2 months ago#2
Try to get the Legend of the East satchel as soon as possible. Being able to carry 99 of most everything is real helpful.

If you want a lot of money early, complete the treasure maps. You'll get a decent amount of gold bars plus finishing all the maps will complete a challenge.
PSN: Pilipino79
"Nature has a way of compensating for weaknesses." "That explains why stupid people have big mouths." - Dilbert and Dogbert

User Info: GSid

GSid
2 months ago#3
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/200179-red-dead-redemption-2/77133526

This link will help
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

User Info: nativengine

nativengine
2 months ago#4
Keep an eye out for Manbearpig
Jive

User Info: Joant73

Joant73
2 months ago#5
If you want money early there are some gold bars that are easy to get you can look up.

Also learn about hunting, pelts have different levels and you have to kill animals with the right kind of weapon to keep the perfect ones perfect. There are some good threads on here that break it down.

Hunting can also be a decent source of income early in the game, and yea, go for that satchel.

User Info: shayminguy7

shayminguy7
2 months ago#6
I ended up hunting the legendary buck and getting the trinket from that. Somehow I still haven't actually advanced the story enough to get the ledger for camp, so I'll probably get there tomorrow.

I'm having so much fun with this game, especially compared to the first. It's one of those rare games that's just fun to be in the world.
3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6594 - 8429
Event List: https://goo.gl/ew5y15

User Info: MinusN

MinusN
2 months ago#7
1. Always wear a bandana if you think any gun fight will happen or looting bodies.
2. Manually save the game FREQUENTLY under the STORY tab of the pause menu.
3. Once you compete a certain mission you can sell whole WAGONS you happen to "find", do this a lot in your downtime to make good money early on.

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
2 months ago#8
Finish Chapter 1 ASAP

Spoilers Below

Get to Horseshoe camp,
Do Hosea hunting trip ASAP, unlocks legendary animals map
Go to Valentine, start Gunslinger Quest.
If you do this correctly you will return to the snow, ....shoot the Gunslinger collect good gun
Whilst there , capture White Arabian , stable Arabian to make it your main steed
Return to camp, do missions till you get the the fence [with Hosea] and fishing with Jack quest.
Ignore Johns requests
Do Micha

Then ...go off the reservation [no pun. intended ]
Do other gunslingers quests to get good guns
Save any random stranger as some will give you outfits or Guns
Travel the whole map and unlock it,...this also raises your horse bonding, while doing this you will also unlock / find rare items ....look up a guide or ask here if you need clarification

Stay in Chapter 2 as long as possible or go to chapter 3 if you screw up and have to leave Horseshoe

Do all the hunting, legendary / satchels / camp member requests from here
Most are possible

Can't stress this enough......DO NOT RELY ON AUTO SAVE!!!!!!

Save before and after each mission, and ESPECIALLY after you get good pelts, weapons etc

fail to do this......... DON'T come back here and complain about losing stuff

User Info: theblueraven

theblueraven
2 months ago#9
Pilipino79 posted...
Try to get the Legend of the East satchel as soon as possible. Being able to carry 99 of most everything is real helpful.

If you want a lot of money early, complete the treasure maps. You'll get a decent amount of gold bars plus finishing all the maps will complete a challenge.

This^

Go after the white Arabian horse near Lake Isabella, and make sure you buy all the camp upgrades from the ledger. I looked up a map for weapons I could find while exploring and I recommend you craft the snakeskin saddle.

User Info: Jellybird

Jellybird
2 months ago#10
If you come across an old shack in the woods and some hillbilly comes out on the front porch with a shotgun, shoot him immediately.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Just started the other day! What are some important things to look out for?
  • Topic Archived