• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Enemies popping out of nowhere gets annoying real fast

User Info: Joulurotta

Joulurotta
2 months ago#21
RayKnight posted...
Joulurotta posted...
RayKnight posted...
Joulurotta posted...
Jackson7777 posted...
dweeeeb2 posted...
im starting to think that there’s only a set number of them in each area. Im only in ch3, but been playing for 300hrs, I haven’t been ambushed for ages.
Nice man, and I thought I was slow playing, nice work!

I finally made it into Chapter 4 and it is... different.
I dont like spiders and snakes... or gators or snapping turtles or swamps, so it is kind of freeky, but fun, but SCARY!!

I would not go in to a real swamp for a bazillion Dollars.

But I am glad I moved on.

I was just run of St Denis again, so went in to the swamp wilderness to craft some stuff, waste some time, let the heat cooldown and it is scary. From the gators, to snapping turtles to snakes and then I saw 4 dots pop up, and they before they even came in to clear view I was blasting them with twin six shooters. And these things were not normal looking, almost nekid, they were swamp people and I am glad they were dead.
No telling what they were up to, I doubt their intentions were honorable

They just wanted to give you a hug and cookie.

I believe that is spelt 'cootie'.

Cookie - Its American name derives from the Dutch word koekje or more precisely its informal, dialect variant koekie which means little cake, and arrived in American English with the Dutch settlement of New Netherland, in the early 1600s.

Cooties is a fictitious childhood disease, used in the United States and Canada as a rejection term and an infection tag game (such as Humans vs. Zombies). It is similar to the British dreaded lurgi, and to terms used in the Nordic countries, in Italy, Australia and New Zealand. A child is said to "catch" cooties through close contact with an "infected" person or from an opposite-sex child of a similar age.

It's a joke...cause the swamp people are 'infected'...

I know, but you never know if someone isn’t aware of diffrence between cookies and cooties. Some people do seem to take everything they read as fact.

User Info: SonGaton

SonGaton
2 months ago#22
protools1983 posted...
SonGaton posted...
After ending a mission I'm likely in the middle of nowhere and if I wanted to use the fast travel map in the camp or a stagecoach I'd end up using cinematic camera anyway just to get there. Thanks for trying to help me, but this advice is pointless.

I wouldn't consider it advice, just giving you info on how the game works. It sounds like you need to keep zero bounties or maybe this game is just not for you.

I don't need info. And where tf did I talk about bounties? But you're right, maybe this game isn't for me. I like the story so far and the character customization is awesome but otherwise there's so many little things that make me sigh and it gets tedious playing this game. Tbh I'm starting to think R* would be better off making linear games and scrapping the open world. I'm just fed up wasting so much time getting from A to B and it's x10 worse in the multiplayer which is why I stopped playing it after 3-4 play sessions.

Gotta say, I enjoyed the first RDR a lot more. Goes to show that a big budget isn't everything.
Don't play dumb with me, you're not as good at it as I am.
@MoistenedYouth did a drawing of me, too! https://imgur.com/a/8uL2A

User Info: SwordTactics

SwordTactics
2 months ago#23
SonGaton posted...
protools1983 posted...
SonGaton posted...
After ending a mission I'm likely in the middle of nowhere and if I wanted to use the fast travel map in the camp or a stagecoach I'd end up using cinematic camera anyway just to get there. Thanks for trying to help me, but this advice is pointless.

I wouldn't consider it advice, just giving you info on how the game works. It sounds like you need to keep zero bounties or maybe this game is just not for you.

I don't need info. And where tf did I talk about bounties? But you're right, maybe this game isn't for me. I like the story so far and the character customization is awesome but otherwise there's so many little things that make me sigh and it gets tedious playing this game. Tbh I'm starting to think R* would be better off making linear games and scrapping the open world. I'm just fed up wasting so much time getting from A to B and it's x10 worse in the multiplayer which is why I stopped playing it after 3-4 play sessions.

Gotta say, I enjoyed the first RDR a lot more. Goes to show that a big budget isn't everything.

Perhaps you're just tired of open-world games. Have you played a lot of them recently? At first I was bothered by the amount of traveling and lack of fast travel but then when I unlocked it I realized I didn't care to use it. I can see why you have some complaints, though. The one thing that truly annoys me is how long it takes to cook all my pieces of game. I get that it's more realistic but it would have been nice if there was an option to just cook everything all at once.

User Info: Steven992000

Steven992000
2 months ago#24
acolytes posted...
Steven992000 posted...
When the game is finished, you'll miss those random enemy pop ups. I haven't had one since the game was finished. No attempts at robbing me, or just attacking. I'm about 90% completion and been done with the main game for weeks now. The world pretty much dies after the game is over, unfortunately. I felt RDR1 had more duels and random encounters even post game.

I still get attacked post-game somewhat frequently, mostly by horse thieves.

I can honestly say I've never had a horse thief attack me. I had two attempted robberies by a bridge, the typical skinner attacks, and that is about it. I get more attacked by animals than I do the human NPCs.

User Info: Mikifur

Mikifur
2 months ago#25
Steven992000 posted...
acolytes posted...
Steven992000 posted...
When the game is finished, you'll miss those random enemy pop ups. I haven't had one since the game was finished. No attempts at robbing me, or just attacking. I'm about 90% completion and been done with the main game for weeks now. The world pretty much dies after the game is over, unfortunately. I felt RDR1 had more duels and random encounters even post game.

I can honestly say I've never had a horse thief attack me. I had two attempted robberies by a bridge, the typical skinner attacks, and that is about it. I get more attacked by animals than I do the human NPCs.

Couple of bridge robbery attempts, couple of wolf packs, one really dumb guy yanked me off my horse and tried to ride away. Didn't work out well for him. Rode into the middle of a gunfight between some bounty hunters and bandits. Got ganked by a cougar, that was the worst.

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
2 months ago#26
Joulurotta posted...
RayKnight posted...
Joulurotta posted...
Jackson7777 posted...
dweeeeb2 posted...
im starting to think that there’s only a set number of them in each area. Im only in ch3, but been playing for 300hrs, I haven’t been ambushed for ages.
Nice man, and I thought I was slow playing, nice work!

I finally made it into Chapter 4 and it is... different.
I dont like spiders and snakes... or gators or snapping turtles or swamps, so it is kind of freeky, but fun, but SCARY!!

I would not go in to a real swamp for a bazillion Dollars.

But I am glad I moved on.

I was just run of St Denis again, so went in to the swamp wilderness to craft some stuff, waste some time, let the heat cooldown and it is scary. From the gators, to snapping turtles to snakes and then I saw 4 dots pop up, and they before they even came in to clear view I was blasting them with twin six shooters. And these things were not normal looking, almost nekid, they were swamp people and I am glad they were dead.
No telling what they were up to, I doubt their intentions were honorable

They just wanted to give you a hug and cookie.

I believe that is spelt 'cootie'.

Cookie - Its American name derives from the Dutch word koekje or more precisely its informal, dialect variant koekie which means little cake, and arrived in American English with the Dutch settlement of New Netherland, in the early 1600s.

Cooties is a fictitious childhood disease, used in the United States and Canada as a rejection term and an infection tag game (such as Humans vs. Zombies). It is similar to the British dreaded lurgi, and to terms used in the Nordic countries, in Italy, Australia and New Zealand. A child is said to "catch" cooties through close contact with an "infected" person or from an opposite-sex child of a similar age.

Cooties.... cookies..... Arthur didnt care what they were sellin, he wasnt buyin! :D
BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM until his gun went click.
For all he knew that collection of impending red dots could have been a gang of gators... or snapping turtles OR WORSE!

Lord only know what goes on out in the swamps.
IRL I would not go there for a bazillion Dollars. Gives me the major heebiejeebies, even a pixel swamp.

and then FREEKIN DUTCH SAYS "Hey Arthur you go over there, in the neck deep water and search for some person you don't know, never met... and dont worry about getting bit in the face by a water moccasin" W T F ? FREEKINGSWIMMINGSNEKES!!!! AAAHHHHHHH!!!! GTFO!!! And that is not even mention the gators... OR SWAMP PEOPLE!!!

User Info: Kwicko2015

Kwicko2015
2 months ago#27
acolytes posted...

I still get attacked post-game by the Skinners and the damn Murfrees, even though I've supposedly wiped them all out. It makes for a welcome break from the monotony, though. :)
PSN ID: Kwicko

User Info: Kwicko2015

Kwicko2015
2 months ago#28
Jackson7777 posted...
Cooties.... cookies..... Arthur didnt care what they were sellin, he wasnt buyin! :D
BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM until his gun went click.
For all he knew that collection of impending red dots could have been a gang of gators... or snapping turtles OR WORSE!

Night Folk. They freak me the f*** out. Kill the living s*** out of them every single time you can.
PSN ID: Kwicko

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
2 months ago#29
Kwicko2015 posted...
Jackson7777 posted...

Night Folk. They freak me the f*** out. Kill the living s*** out of them every single time you can.
That whole swamp freaks me the f*** out, I want no part of it, which makes the game more fun. It takes me way out of my comfort zone.

So far so good, nothing has happened yet (no Arthur death in the swamp yet), but I am pretty sure R* has some hilarious deaths awaiting poor Arthur and it seems the only more savage than when the bear bites my head... ITS COMING RIGHT AT ME!!!! OH SHHHHHH.... and then it goes all black and silent just the end of the Sopranos

I am not sure but it seems the "red dead redemption" part of this game (and please no one tell me if it made clear later) is the animal on human violence. I have been reddeaded so many times by animals, not even counting the buck that keeps coming up from behind and knocking me on my butt or the badger that came running at Arthur and bit his leg, but that all is no big deal... considering the gator who will be doing the same thing, when I least expect it,
no matter if I am fully expecting it or not.

For a "boring game" (many say) there are many instances where it is more like sheer terror. On the edge of my seat, looking all around, freaked out. I know something is there... and every time I am ready, it never happens... but I pretty sure it will soon.

All which caused me to head back to the peaceful prairie again, up to the Indian place to check that out... anything but that freekin swamp. But the time has come to go back.

User Info: johnrayjr

johnrayjr
2 months ago#30
I think it's awesome but it's very rare in my game.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Enemies popping out of nowhere gets annoying real fast
  • Topic Archived