• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Enemies popping out of nowhere gets annoying real fast

User Info: ExcelFuse

ExcelFuse
2 months ago#11
Steven992000 posted...
When the game is finished, you'll miss those random enemy pop ups. I haven't had one since the game was finished. No attempts at robbing me, or just attacking. I'm about 90% completion and been done with the main game for weeks now. The world pretty much dies after the game is over, unfortunately. I felt RDR1 had more duels and random encounters even post game.

Definitely this. I feel so lonely now... *cries*
"My mental gymnastics will flip you like an Aunt Jemima flapjack. Now, how 'bout that?"

User Info: Kwicko2015

Kwicko2015
2 months ago#12
SonGaton posted...
In RDR1 you could put a waypoint anywhere on the map, open a camp in the middle of nowhere and fast travel from there to where exactly you wanted. Why the devs felt like making away with that is beyond me.

Yeah, I remember; I wish it were that way, but then again, you'd miss so much. There is an awful lot of stuff that happens along the way; I'm well past done with the story missions, and I still ride from one corner of the map to the other, and I *always* find something to do that I didn't plan on doing when I started my ride.
PSN ID: Kwicko

User Info: hellfire582

hellfire582
2 months ago#13
Kwicko2015 posted...
SonGaton posted...
In RDR1 you could put a waypoint anywhere on the map, open a camp in the middle of nowhere and fast travel from there to where exactly you wanted. Why the devs felt like making away with that is beyond me.

Yeah, I remember; I wish it were that way, but then again, you'd miss so much. There is an awful lot of stuff that happens along the way; I'm well past done with the story missions, and I still ride from one corner of the map to the other, and I *always* find something to do that I didn't plan on doing when I started my ride.

I understand your point about the fun of exploring the map, but forcing people to play through the game that way by limiting fast travel is still a bad decision in my opinion. In RDR1, I would often use fast travel while doing the main story but then explore the map at my own leisure. Now I'm forced to waste time with traveling even on days when I only have 30 minutes to play after work.

I really can't understand why Rockstar thought this was a good idea. It's like when they decided to limit the invincibility cheat to 5 minutes in GTA 5. It's just an annoying inconvenience that makes no logical sense and seems like a downgrade from the last game.

User Info: acolytes

acolytes
2 months ago#14
Steven992000 posted...
When the game is finished, you'll miss those random enemy pop ups. I haven't had one since the game was finished. No attempts at robbing me, or just attacking. I'm about 90% completion and been done with the main game for weeks now. The world pretty much dies after the game is over, unfortunately. I felt RDR1 had more duels and random encounters even post game.

I still get attacked post-game somewhat frequently, mostly by horse thieves.
"I learned about the blues from this kitten I knew, her hair was raven and her heart was like a tomb. My heart's like a wound."

User Info: Jackson7777

Jackson7777
2 months ago#15
dweeeeb2 posted...
im starting to think that there’s only a set number of them in each area. Im only in ch3, but been playing for 300hrs, I haven’t been ambushed for ages.
Nice man, and I thought I was slow playing, nice work!

I finally made it into Chapter 4 and it is... different.
I dont like spiders and snakes... or gators or snapping turtles or swamps, so it is kind of freeky, but fun, but SCARY!!

I would not go in to a real swamp for a bazillion Dollars.

But I am glad I moved on.

I was just run of St Denis again, so went in to the swamp wilderness to craft some stuff, waste some time, let the heat cooldown and it is scary. From the gators, to snapping turtles to snakes and then I saw 4 dots pop up, and they before they even came in to clear view I was blasting them with twin six shooters. And these things were not normal looking, almost nekid, they were swamp people and I am glad they were dead.
No telling what they were up to, I doubt their intentions were honorable

User Info: Joulurotta

Joulurotta
2 months ago#16
Jackson7777 posted...
dweeeeb2 posted...
im starting to think that there’s only a set number of them in each area. Im only in ch3, but been playing for 300hrs, I haven’t been ambushed for ages.

I dont like spiders and snakes... or gators or snapping turtles or swamps, so it is kind of freeky, but fun, but SCARY!!

I was just run of St Denis again, so went in to the swamp wilderness to craft some stuff, waste some time, let the heat cooldown and it is scary. From the gators, to snapping turtles to snakes and then I saw 4 dots pop up, and they before they even came in to clear view I was blasting them with twin six shooters. And these things were not normal looking, almost nekid, they were swamp people and I am glad they were dead.

They just wanted to give you a hug and cookie.

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
2 months ago#17
Whilst in principle I agree that the cinematic travel is not good for simple pain free fast travel
This game was clearly not meant to implement that mechanic
Using cinematic cam, is actually slower than just riding, plus you get your horse bonding form riding and not from cheating point to point cinematic runs.

The attacks you are talking about are not that random, and all spawn at pretty much the same point.....[ 3 plays now, all the same]
So, either equip gun and ride and be ready, at the spawn points
Or equip gun, ....start cinematic and be ready to press pad when you hear the gangs start to speak

Its a game, and a full immersion game

NOT! a boring cable show where you can go to the can, make a sandwich, brew a coffee and come back and find marge is still talking about her haemorrhoids

User Info: RayKnight

RayKnight
2 months ago#18
Joulurotta posted...
Jackson7777 posted...
dweeeeb2 posted...

I believe that is spelt 'cootie'.
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR

User Info: Joulurotta

Joulurotta
2 months ago#19
RayKnight posted...
Joulurotta posted...
Jackson7777 posted...
dweeeeb2 posted...

Cookie - Its American name derives from the Dutch word koekje or more precisely its informal, dialect variant koekie which means little cake, and arrived in American English with the Dutch settlement of New Netherland, in the early 1600s.

Cooties is a fictitious childhood disease, used in the United States and Canada as a rejection term and an infection tag game (such as Humans vs. Zombies). It is similar to the British dreaded lurgi, and to terms used in the Nordic countries, in Italy, Australia and New Zealand. A child is said to "catch" cooties through close contact with an "infected" person or from an opposite-sex child of a similar age.

User Info: RayKnight

RayKnight
2 months ago#20
Joulurotta posted...
RayKnight posted...
Joulurotta posted...
Jackson7777 posted...
dweeeeb2 posted...

Cookie - Its American name derives from the Dutch word koekje or more precisely its informal, dialect variant koekie which means little cake, and arrived in American English with the Dutch settlement of New Netherland, in the early 1600s.

Cooties is a fictitious childhood disease, used in the United States and Canada as a rejection term and an infection tag game (such as Humans vs. Zombies). It is similar to the British dreaded lurgi, and to terms used in the Nordic countries, in Italy, Australia and New Zealand. A child is said to "catch" cooties through close contact with an "infected" person or from an opposite-sex child of a similar age.

It's a joke...cause the swamp people are 'infected'...
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Enemies popping out of nowhere gets annoying real fast
  • Topic Archived