• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Finally finished the main game (chapter 6 Spoilers)

User Info: hulkhogan1

hulkhogan1
4 weeks ago#1
I was holding it together pretty well, even when I knew the end was coming. That ride back to camp when Arthur was going to confront Micah; as soon as that music piece set in I knew it was going to be an emotional ride. But when Arthur’s horse gets killed and he says to it “thank you” some tears definitely started to come out. With the exception of a few temporary horses, I kept the same horse for nearly the entire game. I instantly thought of all the the long journeys we had, all of the food I fed it, all of the times I patted it and said “you’re a good boy”. So to witness its end, and Arthur getting to say goodbye in his own way, that hit me harder than any other death in the game. Arthur’s own death was pretty emotional too, but the death of his horse might have been one of the hardest things i’ve ever had to witness in any video game.
Hulkhogan1: Then, now, forever!

User Info: Klop_Job

Klop_Job
4 weeks ago#2
Yeah on my SECOND playthrough I made sure that I just used an extremely temporary horse for the last few missions. I ended up selling my main horse at the stables, which was still a rather emotional moment but at least she didn't die this time.

User Info: LordSkippy

LordSkippy
4 weeks ago#3
Watching my White Arabian die in that mission was heartbreaking.
"You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

User Info: tomo012

tomo012
4 weeks ago#4
Buell, rest in peace
-The biggest oxymoron ever is an open-minded liberal.

User Info: Shadow Flare

Shadow Flare
4 weeks ago#5
tomo012 posted...
Buell, rest in peace

Yeah I won’t be using either my White Arabian or Buell for the last few missions, I’ll stable or sell them and buy or steal a random horse.
War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.

User Info: angelucci75

angelucci75
4 weeks ago#6
Oh yeah, that was the one moment (horse death) I couldn't hold back the tears...

kind of sucks that you carry all those randomly looted horse revivers throughout the whole game and can't use it there
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Finally finished the main game (chapter 6 Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived