• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Finally Started RDR1

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
3 months ago#1
It has aged quite nicely. Sure, it feels rougher and clunkier than RDR2 in a lot of ways, but it's great where it counts. Hopefully this one isn't too short. From what I've heard, it's less than 20 hours. But, hey, not every game needs to be as long as RDR2.

User Info: patriot_14

patriot_14
3 months ago#2
Game changing for the time it came out. As with RDR2, you can make it as long as you like. I'd opt for the Undead version so you can play right through to Jack's introduction.

User Info: ampgamer789

ampgamer789
3 months ago#3
I played it to 100% twice (back in 2010 and again before RDR2). And I definitely took more than 20 hours both times, more like 40-45, but I like to explore. But if you're just running through the story then 20 sounds about right.

User Info: Ganon997

Ganon997
3 months ago#4
Wish there was a goddamn way to play it on PS4

penaferus
3 months ago#5
Ganon997 posted...

Yeah, I bought the GotY edition that came in an Xbox One case. My 360 doesn't play all discs, so I gambled and am glad RDR is a disc it likes.

User Info: EzeDoesIt

EzeDoesIt
3 months ago#6
Ganon997 posted...

PS Now
/s (it is on there though)
Not changing this sig.

penaferus
3 months ago#7
ampgamer789 posted...
I played it to 100% twice (back in 2010 and again before RDR2). And I definitely took more than 20 hours both times, more like 40-45, but I like to explore. But if you're just running through the story then 20 sounds about right.

I don't usually explore in these games, but I do track down as many quests as possible. I do my exploring on the way to my next destination. I think I finished RDR2 at around 60 hours. I'll probably put about 30 into RDR1.

Ganon997
3 months ago#8
EzeDoesIt posted...
Ganon997 posted...

PS Now

And I considered it, but I don't want to stream a game (plus pay a monthly fee to do so). I want to own it.

It was tempting though, I'll tell you that

User Info: EzeDoesIt

EzeDoesIt
3 months ago#9
Ganon997 posted...
EzeDoesIt posted...
Ganon997 posted...

PS Now

And I considered it, but I don't want to stream a game (plus pay a monthly fee to do so). I want to own it.

Definitely agree, I did the trial and then ended up buying just 1 month because it seemed like there were some games I’d like to revisit. But the streaming was horrible for me, the connection was really bad. I had a few instances where I was able to play a game for a couple hrs but usually it was unplayable.

Doubt I’ll revisit it. (P.S. I even got all excited because they announced “50 PS4 games being added in December!” but it was just a bunch of garbage filler titles with 1 or 2 names that you might recognize. Service felt like a scam.)
Not changing this sig.

Ganon997
3 months ago#10
EzeDoesIt posted...
Ganon997 posted...
EzeDoesIt posted...
Ganon997 posted...

PS Now

Definitely agree, I did the trial and then ended up buying just 1 month because it seemed like there were some games I’d like to revisit. But the streaming was horrible for me, the connection was really bad. I had a few instances where I was able to play a game for a couple hrs but usually it was unplayable.

Doubt I’ll revisit it. (P.S. I even got all excited because they announced “50 PS4 games being added in December!” but it was just a bunch of garbage filler titles with 1 or 2 names that you might recognize. Service felt like a scam.)

Good to know I avoided paying into that bs. PS5 better have backwards compatibility or I will be flat done with Sony
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Finally Started RDR1
  • Topic Archived