• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Finally got all satchels!

User Info: Jacabben

Jacabben
3 months ago#1
Also got dynamite arrow recipe and killed legendary moose, all while still in chapter 3! Wonder when I will actually play a story mission, good god hunting is fun.
Xbox One/PSN: Murmaider358

User Info: rhpsFNF

rhpsFNF
3 months ago#2
I find hunting for the pelts need to craft the satchels to be more of a chore.

But to each their own.
Give yourself over, to absolute pleasure.

User Info: patriot_14

patriot_14
3 months ago#3
I'm one perfect Panther away. Just did the 1st Dutch mission in Chapter 3. Panthers don't seem to like me...

User Info: xMillerLitex

xMillerLitex
3 months ago#4
It took me like three real life hours to get a damned perfect raccoon! It was so annoying

User Info: Jacabben

Jacabben
3 months ago#5
I had trouble finding elk for a bit. Also had a perfect cougar on me but after finding the serial killer it magically fell off and rotted. But most were pretty easy. Panthers were surprisingly easy, hunted twice and got 2 3-stars, but the first carcass didnt give me a pelt when I donated it to Pearson so I skinned the 2nd.
Xbox One/PSN: Murmaider358

User Info: BrickCityLaz

BrickCityLaz
3 months ago#6
Where'd you find the panthers? I looked south of the Braithwaite residence and saw nothing. Then I looked north of St Denis but ended up getting attacked by cougars instead. Any particular time of day or location?
"If video games have taught me anything, it's that if you encounter enemies then you're going the right way."

User Info: khain37

khain37
3 months ago#7
@BrickCityLaz posted...
Where'd you find the panthers? I looked south of the Braithwaite residence and saw nothing. Then I looked north of St Denis but ended up getting attacked by cougars instead. Any particular time of day or location?

I found mine East/SE of Braithwaite manor in the forest. I found mine at night if it matters They are super sneaky...I got murdered by one, then went back and found it. It was the Florida Panther variety (counts for satchels).

From straight south of the last S in Scarlet Meadows, go all the way south until you're almost at the river and slightly west. Should find one there.

https://rdr2map.com/?fbclid=IwAR3adJfuRw8WO2PQ-FPWIuXe8-sxWehHpL5i8BvHjtUlFYbi0rDI-WwFBEA

I also ran into a random event in the area near where Lemoyne Raiders set up camp and kidnapped a tax guy. Not sure if this always occurs in the area but if it does, that could be a good point of reference as well.
FFRK RW:
Main: Alphinaud (lvl 99) Deployment Tactics - FCv2; Alt: Rikku USB (lvl 80) - Syzo

User Info: BrickCityLaz

BrickCityLaz
3 months ago#8
khain37 posted...
@BrickCityLaz posted...

I found mine East/SE of Braithwaite manor in the forest. I found mine at night if it matters They are super sneaky...I got murdered by one, then went back and found it. It was the Florida Panther variety (counts for satchels).

From straight south of the last S in Scarlet Meadows, go all the way south until you're almost at the river and slightly west. Should find one there.

https://rdr2map.com/?fbclid=IwAR3adJfuRw8WO2PQ-FPWIuXe8-sxWehHpL5i8BvHjtUlFYbi0rDI-WwFBEA

Yep I was in that general vicinity, spent a whole game day cycle in that area although I spent more time toward the abandoned home. Time to set up camp there.

Thanks
"If video games have taught me anything, it's that if you encounter enemies then you're going the right way."

User Info: Elemenope

Elemenope
3 months ago#9
You can usually get a panther to spawn by riding your horse around the woods south of Catfish Jackson's, near Braithwaite manor. Just make a manual save in Rhodes and ride down there. If you get an unsatisfactory pelt or you don't find a panther after riding around for a long time in that area, reload the save and approach the area again as it will respawn everything

User Info: xamdamCO

xamdamCO
3 months ago#10
BrickCityLaz posted...

As far south as you can go in that area without being in the water or on a road. Use potent predator bait and cover scent. Works every time.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Finally got all satchels!
  • Topic Archived