• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Too much shooting.

User Info: klyrner

klyrner
1 week ago#1
I am aware I am 1 in a thousand here with this opinion, but the shooting RUINS the game. It's way, way WAY too much.

There's a beautiful, cohesive storyline, and it just doesn't make sense with the gameplay. "Ludonarrative dissonance" someone coined with the Uncharted series, and sure f***ing enough, it ends up being the same here.

Every mission turns into a goddamn bloodbath. In every way the shooting-every-single-person aspect destroys the narrative Rockstar works so hard to create. In their other games too, but it sticks out more and more as they try hard to be realistic.

Pick a random mission and take the shooting down by 90%. It'd be just as good, and most likely better.

I started getting so fed up with it it jaded me and I was just rolling my eyes at the last missions. But the whole game was f***ing like that.

90% seriously. In Uncharted, as well. 3 or 4 in a shootout instead of 40 would work, with the stories. I've had a couple games that have "story modes" where you don't have to worry about s***ty AI... I think that would work here.
"SJW" - The quickest online version of an IQ test. Anyone using the term is most assuredly short a useful amount of brain cells.

User Info: Joulurotta

Joulurotta
1 week ago#2
I have nothing against shootouts, but I admit, amout of enemies in every shootout feels stupid. There are few missions where amount of enemies is plausible, but most missions it just doesn’t make any sense where all thous enemies comes from.

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
1 week ago#3
So what did you expect
Stupid horse and buggy races as in the 1st, more single horse races, cow herding,
More of the epilogue stuff with cleaning stables, milking cows, building fences.....???
Enlighten us as to how rockstar could have strayed from the established path.....since ????hmmmm GTA3..???

Too many enemies maybe, and they are bullet sponges unless head shot, but how could it have been made to meet your standards ?

User Info: klyrner

klyrner
1 week ago#4
I said already, and it's a MAYBE, have 90 percent less shooting.

Have enemies that count. duck, don't pop your head out. realistic like they're wanting. 2 dangerous people instead of 20 in some missions. When it matters, shooting people. More emphasis on stealth maybe.

Same story. Not complaining, just the f***ING BLOODBATHS.
"SJW" - The quickest online version of an IQ test. Anyone using the term is most assuredly short a useful amount of brain cells.

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 week ago#5
Joulurotta posted...
I have nothing against shootouts, but I admit, amout of enemies in every shootout feels stupid. There are few missions where amount of enemies is plausible, but most missions it just doesn’t make any sense where all thous enemies comes from.

I agree with this sentiment. When there's that many dude's it makes it hard to resist Dead Eye mode and it just feels lame to constantly be in Dead Eye. I try not to use it.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: Joulurotta

Joulurotta
1 week ago#6
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
Joulurotta posted...

I agree with this sentiment. When there's that many dude's it makes it hard to resist Dead Eye mode and it just feels lame to constantly be in Dead Eye. I try not to use it.

Most of time I keep forgetting there is dead eye, making a headshots whitout it is easy enough.

User Info: nuschler2212

nuschler2212
1 week ago#7
Uncharted is one of the most boring games I've ever played.

Walking simulator.
The purpose of this board isn't to promote the game, it's to discuss it, good or bad. Stop whining about people being negative about a game.

User Info: tehnemox

tehnemox
1 week ago#8
Obviously the large number of enemies is there to justify the padding of the challenges like getting headshots while in deadeye for getting gold in missions. If they took down the number or the amount of shootouts they wouldn't know what to challenge us with. Because there's noooooothing else...right?

But seriously, while I don't mind it per se I can see where you are coming from. I think this is also why taking a long time in between missions helps. Sure takes longer to finish the game but it doesn't feel as bad. I mean I decided to power through story around chapter 4 and did notice what you are talking about, but prior to that I had been doing lots of activities that were not story in between missions so I did not realize it back then.
Now playing: CoD BO4 / Overwatch / RDR2

User Info: patriot_14

patriot_14
1 week ago#9
I honestly thought I was on the wrong forum when I read this...unfortunately, I'm not.

User Info: Slowindown

Slowindown
1 week ago#10
I'm only into chapter 3, but so far (emphasis on so far) the amount of shooting is nothing as compared to the first RDR.
I started out with nothing, and still have most of it.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Too much shooting.
  • Topic Archived