• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. RDR2 Winning the game awards! Oh yeah :D

User Info: frankspank

frankspank
1 week ago#71
KazukiYotsuga posted...
Most people I talk to say they hate Arthur and prefer RDR's John better as a lead character.

This is just a lie.

User Info: Abyss89

Abyss89
1 week ago#72
USF posted...
And GoW ends the show with stealing the biggest 3 awards. Well deserved, GoW was incredible, absolutely incredible. Too many issues in RDR2 that hinder its experience when compared to something like GoW. RDR2's controls are abysmal, the story is decent but nothing to write home about, the game is inconsistent with its realism, the mission structure is extremely restrictive for what is supposed to be an open world game, and it's the same old Rockstar open world formula from decades ago.

I agree

User Info: eloepp

eloepp
1 week ago#73
USF posted...
DesertRanger97 posted...

Stop being such a fanboy. GoW was a mediocre game all the way. At least RDR2 excels at some stuff.

It excels at having the worst possible gameplay/controls of any Triple A studio of the size of Rockstar. The game plays like absolute ass, and that alone makes it undeserving of GoTY. That's just one of its issues that hinder the experience. People gave The Witcher 3 so much s*** for its controls, yet RDR2 plays and controls way worse.

Controls aren’t bad at all in GoW just different. This coming from a Souls snob.

Anyway, GoW is a quality game through and through and is reflected in both critic and user reviews everywhere. There are no blatant, unanimously agreed upon flaws. As for RDR I won’t touch those kinda games targeted at the mediocre masses who drool over and put such importance on shallow features. I don’t care about and open world or realism I care about quality gameplay.

And user reviews matter. All games are equally subject to unfair / troll reviews. I don’t get people that somehow try to disregard them. Honestly...I find them to be more accurate most of the time. It’s just an excuse people use. Quote them when it supports your argument, disregard them otherwise. I have never disregarded them because they are never too far off.

User Info: TylerID

TylerID
1 week ago#74
DesertRanger97 posted...
GrievousFan21 posted...
jaso13_basic posted...
GrievousFan21 posted...
jaso13_basic posted...
GrievousFan21 posted...
Love that once again the best game of the year will get s*** on because reviewers are c*** gobbling in love with R* just as they are with Nintendo.

P5 last year and God of War this year.

Not saying that Zelda and Red Dead aren't great games, but to legitimately win every award is a joke.

GoW was a walking simulator that tried to be too trendy with dumbed down combat, a cliche narrative, and far too much padding. I'll NEVER understand the faux love for that game.

As opposed to a horseback riding simulator(hyperbole to make a point)?

Dumbed down combat? Meaning you can't button mash and have to actually plan an attack?

Too much padding? Did you play the game?

I loved both Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War. I'm just saying that God of War is getting no love is a complete joke.

What button mashing? Did you even play the old gow games? All you do in this one is spam the same 3 attacks. For the entire game. Its baby's first third person combat system. All the depth has been removed for simplicity.

Just like any of the playforming and transversal...it just holdz your hand so you can look at the pretty graphics and experience the amazing plot lol.

How many times do you fight the same tired ass orge boss? He's reakinned like 10 times. And at least 30$ of the game is unskippable, menial tasks, where you have no control, walk slowly, and someone talks at you.

Yes, I played all of the previous God of Wars where it was literally square square square square.

This had the R2 charge axe cleave for some enemies who were low on health or you could one shot. It had the shield bash to stun enemies and not to mention axe throwing for range. Not to mention getting the Blades of Choas half way through the game so you can change your tactics.

I'm 100% sure you didn't play this game. Those ogre's are not boss battles at all. They are mini boss battles.

The boss battles are

1. The battles with the stranger
2. The Dark Elf
3. The dragon
4. The two norse brothers

I'm beginning to think you're a troll. You say that God of War had areas where you have "no control" and "walk slowly" and "someone talks to you"

God of War has you walk in certain locations for story impact. Red Dead Redemption literally FORCES you to walk while you're in camp for no legitimate story reason. I have to ride 5 minutes to a mission, only to start a mission and ride 5 minutes while someone talks to me without being able to skip the traversal only to then ride 5 minutes back to the camp or the town for the next mission. I probably put upwards of 60 hours of game play in to red dead, and no joke 40% of that is horse riding. If I could skip horse riding to story missions and from story missions, this game would be 25 hours.

I'm honestly beginning to think you didn't play either game.

Stop being such a fanboy. GoW was a mediocre game all the way. At least RDR2 excels at some stuff.

RDR2 does excel yes, but in the end Cory Barlog did make his dream. In the end, it's not just about the better game, it's about the creator and the work put behind it.

User Info: DesertRanger97

DesertRanger97
1 week ago#75
It's hilarious how both sides are just trying to downplay the other to make a point.

GoW has nothing of its own. The artsyle is great at some places. The graphics are amazing, and the voice acting and soundtrack are top notch. But that's it.

The game has no identity of its own. It's trying to be a walkie talkie simulator like TLoU, a Zelda rip off, a hack n slash game, and an adventure game all at the same time. And it doesn't excel at any of them. The story's good, the gameplay is dull after a while, the combat is decent but has huge glaring flaws, and worst of all, it's got absolutely no replay value.

Overall a 7/10 game.

RDR2 follows the standard R* formula that hasn't changed a bit since San Andreas (SA is still R*'s best game to date). However, its world design is amazing. Every area has a special atmosphere of its own. The graphics are the best ever in any game to date, thanks to its lighting. Great soundtrack, good story, amazingly written characters, the wildlife is by far the best in any game ever, the gunplay is good. There are many, many things that RDR2 excels at.

However, there are tons of issues. Both intentional, and unintentional. The weapon unequipping, the bad controls (who the f*** thought it would be a good idea to make the aim button also the initiate convo button?!), the s***ty wanted system, the f***ing annoyingly long animations, the absolutely garbage collecting quests that are just there to piss you off, the f***ing forced walkie talkie situations where the game blatantly takes control away from the player (forcing you to walk, dismount, change your weapons, etc.) and forces you to play in a specific manner even though the game is supposed to be about freedom.

These flaws make RDR2 an 8/10 imo. It would be a 7 if the game didn't do so many things amazingly.

Overall, both of these games are normie "movie-wannabe" games. For some reason, the western game industry just refuses to use the advantages the medium has and always tries to appeal to people that will never like games, by trying to be movies. Real games are either indies, Japanese games, or obscure cRPG games (old and new). I hope in the future a game like Deus Ex (2000) comes out. Something that just flips the whole industry on its own and changes everything for the better.
"This party's gettin' crazy. Let's Rock!"
PSN: brutaka666

User Info: TylerID

TylerID
1 week ago#76
And you know that will never happen.

User Info: Fries_lover

Fries_lover
1 week ago#77
@DesertRanger97 posted...
It's hilarious how both sides are just trying to downplay the other to make a point.

GoW has nothing of its own. The artsyle is great at some places. The graphics are amazing, and the voice acting and soundtrack are top notch. But that's it.

The game has no identity of its own. It's trying to be a walkie talkie simulator like TLoU, a Zelda rip off, a hack n slash game, and an adventure game all at the same time. And it doesn't excel at any of them. The story's good, the gameplay is dull after a while, the combat is decent but has huge glaring flaws, and worst of all, it's got absolutely no replay value.

Overall a 7/10 game.

RDR2 follows the standard R* formula that hasn't changed a bit since San Andreas (SA is still R*'s best game to date). However, its world design is amazing. Every area has a special atmosphere of its own. The graphics are the best ever in any game to date, thanks to its lighting. Great soundtrack, good story, amazingly written characters, the wildlife is by far the best in any game ever, the gunplay is good. There are many, many things that RDR2 excels at.

However, there are tons of issues. Both intentional, and unintentional. The weapon unequipping, the bad controls (who the f*** thought it would be a good idea to make the aim button also the initiate convo button?!), the s***ty wanted system, the f***ing annoyingly long animations, the absolutely garbage collecting quests that are just there to piss you off, the f***ing forced walkie talkie situations where the game blatantly takes control away from the player (forcing you to walk, dismount, change your weapons, etc.) and forces you to play in a specific manner even though the game is supposed to be about freedom.

These flaws make RDR2 an 8/10 imo. It would be a 7 if the game didn't do so many things amazingly.

Overall, both of these games are normie "movie-wannabe" games. For some reason, the western game industry just refuses to use the advantages the medium has and always tries to appeal to people that will never like games, by trying to be movies. Real games are either indies, Japanese games, or obscure cRPG games (old and new). I hope in the future a game like Deus Ex (2000) comes out. Something that just flips the whole industry on its own and changes everything for the better.

Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2 are really Brilliant.
I wouldn't call Divinity Original Sins obscure.
You can say that for DD, or BD or D2.
But both OGS and OGS2 are quite popular and brilliant.
Also most things that Obsidian makes are pretty great as well. Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2, and tyranny are pretty great despite their flaws.

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
1 week ago#78
Game awards are a joke can't believe this game won best narrative award the story is one of this game biggest problems.
Currently Playing: Knack 2

User Info: jeffjimbo

jeffjimbo
1 week ago#79
sony cucking rockstar again. the last of us also beat gta5
mungo mungo smells like dungo

User Info: My_Unit

My_Unit
1 week ago#80
Inagibe caring about award shows. Does it make your favorite games more or less enjoyable. Lol f***ing stupid.
https://youtu.be/ziArJgAJLow
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. RDR2 Winning the game awards! Oh yeah :D
  • Topic Archived