You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Micah is so unbelievable (Spoilers)

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
1 week ago#11
Jadex9 posted...
You mean to tell me, a gang of grizzled outlaws and killers, nobody " accidentally" shot this OBVIOUS f***ing problem?

Micahs character alone makes Dutch look and seem like a complete buffoon, the guys only been with you five months, is obviously using false platitudes to use you, everyone hates him, and every single mission he's a part of turns to a complete s*** fest.

I find the character just hard to take serious, I can't for the life of me see why Arthur didn't just pop him out in the wilderness and be done with it.

By that point Dutch is not thinking rationally from a combination of his head injury + his paranoia + Hosea's death + Arthur doing a lot of side missions and story missions regarding the Native Americans.

Micah just took opportunity of Dutch's s***tered mind. What doesn't make sense to me is how in the Epilogue 2, Micah and Dutch get the Blackwater money...and just sit there. I was fully expecting Micah to betray Dutch and not the other way around.

Also, was it ever explained why Bill and Javier weren't with Dutch and Micah?

User Info: IAmMagicMan

IAmMagicMan
1 week ago#12
I hated Micah as an ally, but liked him as a villain.
My plans are beyond your comprehension.

User Info: wigsplasher

wigsplasher
1 week ago#13
raphaelz posted...
Jadex9 posted...
You mean to tell me, a gang of grizzled outlaws and killers, nobody " accidentally" shot this OBVIOUS f***ing problem?

Micahs character alone makes Dutch look and seem like a complete buffoon, the guys only been with you five months, is obviously using false platitudes to use you, everyone hates him, and every single mission he's a part of turns to a complete s*** fest.

I find the character just hard to take serious, I can't for the life of me see why Arthur didn't just pop him out in the wilderness and be done with it.

By that point Dutch is not thinking rationally from a combination of his head injury + his paranoia + Hosea's death + Arthur doing a lot of side missions and story missions regarding the Native Americans.

Micah just took opportunity of Dutch's s***tered mind. What doesn't make sense to me is how in the Epilogue 2, Micah and Dutch get the Blackwater money...and just sit there. I was fully expecting Micah to betray Dutch and not the other way around.

They just sit there because they only exist to cause havoc. Dutch because he's against the industrialization of America, and Micah because he's just a hotheaded evil piece of s***.
Get the lead out
We got places to be

User Info: CTBradums

CTBradums
1 week ago#14
Love the game, love the story, love the characters...except Micah. Totally agree it was a waste of a character. Right off the bat, you could tell it was obvious that something was up with Micah. And even before you suspect he's got something else going on, his complete stupidity and disregard for everyone else makes you hate him anyway.

Just a terrible character, and not in a good "bad guy being terrible" way. Just a bad character in general.

User Info: jumi

jumi
1 week ago#15
If I were Arthur, I would have made sure he was "accidentally" killed by the authorities escaping from jail in Strawberry.
XBL Gamertag: Rob Thorsman
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/robertvsilvers
Worst character of any game I ever played, no contest. He literally has zero redeeming qualities. He could have at least been funny or charismatic but nope, just a total piece of s***.
Someday I'm hoping to close my eyes and pretend, that this crumpled up paper can be perfect again.

User Info: Joulurotta

Joulurotta
1 week ago#17
jumi posted...
If I were Arthur, I would have made sure he was "accidentally" killed by the authorities escaping from jail in Strawberry.

I would have just go hunting and left him there. Why games wait for player to find time is sometimes really anoying.

User Info: CongoJack35

CongoJack35
1 week ago#18
Twelve seconds into first meeting him I knew he would betray the s*** out of the gang.

User Info: TheVector

TheVector
1 week ago#19

After the epilouge there is a paper which explains Javier (who is reportedly back in Mexico) but not Bill or the others (and paper reports that Bill, Charles, Javier And John along with Dutch are on the run after Micah’s death)....nothing on Sadie, Pierson, Uncle or the girls oddly

The running assumption is that Bill is at this point Running his own gang like he was doing at the start of RDR1

User Info: Walker_Dude

Walker_Dude
1 week ago#20
The running assumption is that Bill is at this point Running his own gang like he was doing at the start of RDR1

Which is kinda funny, considering how dumb he is. Seriously, how could this guy organise anything? I'm sure it's he extreme charisma... that, or he recruits from the local funny farm.
Walker Dude's YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC58adDWO5cqZLU0Sw3TDDoQ
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Micah is so unbelievable (Spoilers)