• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Why do you get bountys for murder when its self defense?

User Info: freeforal

freeforal
1 week ago#11
Here's the thing... if you kill a man, in self defense, you're gonna have a conversation with the cops. If you kill a man in self defense and run off before the cops get there the cops are going to come looking for you.

And if you kill a man in self defense AND you're wanted for murder in another state you're gonna have a bad time.

User Info: Insanity216

Insanity216
1 week ago#12
freeforal posted...
Here's the thing... if you kill a man, in self defense, you're gonna have a conversation with the cops. If you kill a man in self defense and run off before the cops get there the cops are going to come looking for you.

And if you kill a man in self defense AND you're wanted for murder in another state you're gonna have a bad time.

Yea ok fine, then have it work the same way for everyone, including NPCs. It's freaking 2018, so why still have the same wanted system as games that are decades old? Or are you telling me for a game that prides itself in realism and details can't even upgrade it's AI?
Click Here to find out if you're an idiot.

User Info: Andyman78

Andyman78
1 week ago#13
The best one I've had, I was perusing goods at the trapper in the far west, when I hear a big growl, quick as I can I back out only to see the grizzly attack me from behind. After I hit circle a hundred times, I break free and manage to dead eye it with 4 headshots. Then the trapper for some reason witnesses "disturbing the peace", I thought about shooting him but I need him to stay alive. $5 bounty just after I rode there from Strawberry lol.
PSN: Andypants78

User Info: Kenji Murasame

Kenji Murasame
1 week ago#14
Because this isn't a binary system. It depends on the witnesses, if they like you or not, what they saw, and if they have a tendancy to report crimes.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 week ago#15
KingHova045 posted...
You'd get arrested for murder in RL if you kill someone. Even if you're later acquitted due to self defense.

That logic doesn't work for two reasons.

1, No matter how much realism or immersion they put into it, it's still a video game and video games are meant to be fun, this games overly sensitive wanted/bounty system detracts the fun.

2, NPC's can shoot and kill other NPC's and the lawmen do absolutely goddamn nothing. A group of NPC's can be shooting at the player and the lawmen do absolutely goddamn nothing. But the lawmen will drop their newborns in the street the instant the player so much as sneezes too hard.

Here's a real gem. Just last week I was stopping by the gun shop in Annseburg to stock up on varmint ammo and arrows. Random encounter guy comes out of the shop. Says he bought a brand new gun and is showing it off to someone, gun goes off, kills the second guy. The guard outside the store shoots the showoff dead. A lawman comes by, sees me. "Wanted: Arthur Morgan, Murder." when I was on the opposite side of the goddamn street and never pulled my gun until these brain dead ass hats started shooting at me.

Here's another one, I was tracking a deer and chased it near Valentine, I'm thinking great, I can just skin it, pick it up and walk it to the butcher. Drop the deer with an arrow just outside town, BAM "Wanted: Arthur Morgan, Animal Cruelty."

Hell I'm surprised that the "Kill rats in saloon" encounter in Saint Denis doesn't result in an animal cruelty bounty with how overly sensitive the wanted system is.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: KillWhitey

KillWhitey
1 week ago#16
Just murdered two blokes in St Denis who were planning to mug me. No bandana, at least half a dozen witnesses who identified me, but I legged it before the cops arrived so no bounty it seems. The St Denis city border was marked red for a while on the map, but not the Lemoyne state border.

Haven't had that happen before.

User Info: Slyde1052

Slyde1052
1 week ago#17
Crime is only wrong if you get caught.
This will fool them...unless the look at it.

User Info: happychappy654

happychappy654
1 week ago#18
freeforal posted...

Not true. In America, most states that allow concealed carry wont even arrest a person if they shoot someone dead in legit self defence. Stand your ground laws and the castle doctrine, combined with CC mean you wont get arrested after defending your life, loved ones or property.

See Texas for examples.
Wanna see what's REALLY going on in Australia? My GAB posts news daily:
https://gab.ai/NotquiteMickjagger

User Info: adb007123

adb007123
1 week ago#19
Can you imagine how fubar things would get if npc crimes were reported as well?

How many random muggings have you come across?
Psn mehmoregames

User Info: Elemenope

Elemenope
1 week ago#20
Arthur can tank so many bullets that you can just run up to the gunman and disarm them with your fists and then beat them up for no bounty, even with the whole town watching. It's safer to get in their face while they are threatening you with the gun, that way you can disarm them right away. If multiple guys start shooting at you in the middle of town, you can just run for cover and the lawmen and good Samaritans will kill all of them in no time
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Why do you get bountys for murder when its self defense?
  • Topic Archived