• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Why do you get bountys for murder when its self defense?

User Info: Cashew

Cashew
1 week ago#1
The other guy opens fire first in front of everyone.. um ok?
My give a damn is busted.

User Info: JakeJupiter3020

JakeJupiter3020
1 week ago#2
I said the same thing the other day. Some O'Driscoll's in Valentine were talking some smack to me, drew first, and then I shot all 3 in dead eye, yet I got a bounty. I was like wtf???
"who the hell would eat kfc if they could have popeyes. i mean hell kfc is nice but popeyes is on a-whole-nother level" -cornix1 PSN: JakeJupiter3020

User Info: Cashew

Cashew
1 week ago#3
Ive been shot at in town in front of several witness’s and you still get a murder charge for self defense.. seems like an easy thing to patch right?
My give a damn is busted.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 week ago#4
Because Rockstar made the wanted/bounty system a complete fuster cluck of issues instead of improving on the system RDR1 had.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: thefatman999

thefatman999
1 week ago#5
I agree it's stupid, but if you want to avoid the bounty I find just running to the cops without drawing a weapon works well.

User Info: tehnemox

tehnemox
1 week ago#6
I haven't tried this but of you just shoot their weapons off their hands instead of killing them and then run to cops does it still give you a bounty warning?
Now playing: CoD BO4 / Overwatch / RDR2

User Info: KingHova045

KingHova045
1 week ago#7
You'd get arrested for murder in RL if you kill someone. Even if you're later acquitted due to self defense.
Where is Conor? He want to fight a bus I want to fight real gangster. ~ Khabib Nurmagomedov. The Eagle flies at midnight

User Info: Joulurotta

Joulurotta
1 week ago#8
KingHova045 posted...
You'd get arrested for murder in RL if you kill someone. Even if you're later acquitted due to self defense.

Yes, law was exactly the same in 1899 as it is in 2018.

User Info: ElbowMold

ElbowMold
1 week ago#9
Game AI only reports you for crimes.

I could be getting shanked in front of the sheriff's office and they would just stand there saying 'mornin'
Remember Kids, STDs is NOT like Pokemon....You're NOT supposed to catch them all.

User Info: happychappy654

happychappy654
1 week ago#10
riddlebox89 posted...
Because Rockstar made the wanted/bounty system a complete fuster cluck of issues instead of improving on the system RDR1 had.

Yep. Heck, it's the same system Vice City and GTA3 had. LAZY! There's no depth to it what so ever and only serves to discourage being an outlaw.

Outside of missions you're pretty much an outlaw in name only. Most of the ways to make money in the world (again outside of missions) result in a bounty bigger than your profit. Also, no robbing banks outside of missions is friggin idiotic and lame! Train robbing sucks because it's almost impossible to pull it off without getting a bounty. By the time you blow open the safes there's 20 lawmen shooting at you and again, you get a bounty larger than your take.
Wanna see what's REALLY going on in Australia? My GAB posts news daily:
https://gab.ai/NotquiteMickjagger
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Why do you get bountys for murder when its self defense?
  • Topic Archived