• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. My most important fixes

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
1 month ago#21
You realize you can just throw on different clothes and cover your face to escape the wanted system, yeah?
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: EAims

EAims
1 month ago#22
RedJacket200 posted...
Pyroe posted...
Early on they tell you to hide the body

RedJacket200 posted...
The shot a guy up on a cliff looted him then rode off. Got what must have been a couple miles away, and witness pops up. I turn around but this witness was clear back to wear the dead body was.

Why was I able to ride that far and nothing then a witness shows up.

Bulls***.

So whoever stumbles on the body automatically knows me....yeah ok.

They don't necessarily know it's you if you're not at the scene of a crime. It just says "witness reported a crime" but until it actually says "wanted Arthur Morgan" i never got a bounty. At least that's what happened to me a few times.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?

User Info: Ovan001

Ovan001
1 month ago#23
For me the wanted system should work on everybody, and by that I mean the NPCs too like GTA.

I think it just adds to the believability of the world if you’re not the only one the law applies to (and no stranger encounter of people being carted away by bounty hunters don’t count as it is an event not a natural interaction)

User Info: JPD

JPD
1 month ago#24
I do a LOT of hunting and I would like to ability to hold one more large pelt on my horse. I understand that for realism sake they don't want you to load up your horse with 20 cow pelts but 2? Is that too much to ask? And yes I know that you can get a horse to follow you but that can be a pain in the ass. This is just a minor gripe though if the carry limit on horses is never expanded it won't hurt my overall experience just saying it would be nice.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#25
frankspank posted...
Snip

NPC shoots another NPC. Player gets a $50 murder bounty.
NPC's randomly punch or start shooting at the player, lawmen do nothing but would drop their newborns in the street the instant the player hits/shoots back in self defense.

Sorry but you not having problems with the wanted/bounty system doesn't mean there aren't any.

Not needed sure, but it's definitely wanted. There wouldn't be any problem having the same fast travel system the first game had.

Lol. So getting killed because you don't have your rifle or shotgun because the game unequipped them for no sensible reason isn't an issue? Or hunting a rare animal and having it get away because you had to go back to your horse to get your bow/rifle isn't an issue? Yeah...sorry but there's no way weapons being unequipped for no reason isn't an issue and there is next to no way to prevent it from happening.

Forced walking is an issue if you spend a lot of time in camp. And no, there is no logic behind it.

Sure there's more to do in New Austin than just a bounty, but having a lot more to do wouldn't have hurt.

Dragonage2ftw posted...
You realize you can just throw on different clothes and cover your face to escape the wanted system, yeah?

Putting on a different outfit, using a different horse or different guns, etc, are myths. None of them do anything. And putting on a mask doesn't stop lawmen from psychically knowing who you are the instant they see you.

The way the bandanna and masks should've worked is that, if you put them on when no one can see you and go and do your crimes, the "Wanted: Unknown Suspect" thing stays that way even when lawmen see you. If you get away and take the bandanna/mask off, no bounty. If they see you unmasked while they're still chasing you, that's when you should get a bounty.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: cstiffler_basic

cstiffler_basic
1 month ago#26
You should be able to sleep in the bed at the end of game.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#27
cstiffler_basic posted...
You should be able to sleep in the bed at the end of game.

If it's the bed I'm thinking you're talking about, you can.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: happychappy654

happychappy654
1 month ago#28
riddlebox89 posted...
frankspank posted...
Snip

NPC shoots another NPC. Player gets a $50 murder bounty.
NPC's randomly punch or start shooting at the player, lawmen do nothing but would drop their newborns in the street the instant the player hits/shoots back in self defense.

Sorry but you not having problems with the wanted/bounty system doesn't mean there aren't any.

Not needed sure, but it's definitely wanted. There wouldn't be any problem having the same fast travel system the first game had.

Lol. So getting killed because you don't have your rifle or shotgun because the game unequipped them for no sensible reason isn't an issue? Or hunting a rare animal and having it get away because you had to go back to your horse to get your bow/rifle isn't an issue? Yeah...sorry but there's no way weapons being unequipped for no reason isn't an issue and there is next to no way to prevent it from happening.

Forced walking is an issue if you spend a lot of time in camp. And no, there is no logic behind it.

Sure there's more to do in New Austin than just a bounty, but having a lot more to do wouldn't have hurt.

Dragonage2ftw posted...

Putting on a different outfit, using a different horse or different guns, etc, are myths. None of them do anything. And putting on a mask doesn't stop lawmen from psychically knowing who you are the instant they see you.

The way the bandanna and masks should've worked is that, if you put them on when no one can see you and go and do your crimes, the "Wanted: Unknown Suspect" thing stays that way even when lawmen see you. If you get away and take the bandanna/mask off, no bounty. If they see you unmasked while they're still chasing you, that's when you should get a bounty.

^^This

My thoughts exactly. Unfortunately. I predict they'll focus on online now and only fix the odd SP bug/glitch. I hope against all hope that there's an SP expansion in the works, because it will be a crime if they don't bother adding to such a masterful world. But even if they just fix the things I mentioned and add the odd weapon or something to SP, I'll be happy. There's infinite potential and they better not waste it!
Wanna see what's REALLY going on in Australia? My GAB posts news daily:
https://gab.ai/NotquiteMickjagger

User Info: SeekAndDestroy2

SeekAndDestroy2
1 month ago#29
I would love a lot of QoL changes and more content in New Austin, but really the only thing that needs fixing is the weapon unequip issue. I have no idea how they missed that so far but it's very annoying.
Someday I'm hoping to close my eyes and pretend, that this crumpled up paper can be perfect again.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. My most important fixes
  • Topic Archived