• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. This game is amazing but it still suffers from Rockstar's bad controls.

User Info: GudgeLikeGudge

GudgeLikeGudge
2 years ago#1
Rockstar can surely craft a fantastic game with a great story, amazing dialogue, deep characters, and an immersive world.

But the controls are garbage. My character constantly spins in circle trying to pick up something on the ground, or when trying to pick a certain item at the tent. The shooting is antiquated at this point. What is the point of upgrading sights if everything use the same (.) For a reticle. Only the roll block sniper has an actual scope. It feels so clunky and in need of a complete overhaul.

Anyway I love the game, but the tedious controls make it difficult for me to enjoy.
Watch out behind you!

User Info: dueric

dueric
2 years ago#2
I honestly can't understand how this happens anymore.

And it's not just R*. So many games have terrible controls. Mafia 3 felt like I as playing underwater.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member

User Info: SerenitySix

SerenitySix
2 years ago#3
Tapping X to run is the worst
Team Yen

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
2 years ago#4
SerenitySix posted...
Tapping X to run is the worst

Switch to "Standard FPS" controls. It makes Run an L3 toggle and Sprint has you press L3 twice. It's better in every way than standard controls and honestly should have been the default.
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.

User Info: doraemonllh1989

doraemonllh1989
2 years ago#5
The biggest issue about this game is the f***ing input delay, i think they do this for sake of realism but honestly i cant shoot for s*** when someone is running, the whole game becomes cover and shooting
Console > PC

User Info: Slider

Slider
2 years ago#6
Good controls in a Rockstar game? nah

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
2 years ago#7
doraemonllh1989 posted...
The biggest issue about this game is the f***ing input delay, i think they do this for sake of realism but honestly i cant shoot for s*** when someone is running, the whole game becomes cover and shooting

I keep seeing people complain about input delay. There isn't any. Most guns take double input to fire or have long reload animations and only fire one bullet at a time, but there's no input delay.
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.

User Info: dueric

dueric
2 years ago#8
Slider posted...
Good controls in a Rockstar game? nah

Cut it out. Even the first Red Dead wasn't this wonky and unresponsive.

And compared to this the last 2 GTAs control like butter.
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member

User Info: Uglyface2

Uglyface2
2 years ago#9
So it's not just me having trouble getting used to the controls? I feel somewhat relieved.

I haven't put much time in, so in an early mission:

- I knocked some random guy off a horse while exiting the camp. The law was notified, I failed the mission.

- I got to town and knocked some guy over. The law was notified, I failed the mission.

- I tried to slow down, but hit the button to shoot my gun instead of stop. The law... well, yeah. (That one's on me, kind of... it took me ages to find the controls for riding a horse/carriage.)
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. This game is amazing but it still suffers from Rockstar's bad controls.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A