• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Does using a cheat permanently end all achievements and trophies of the game?

User Info: layhoma2004

layhoma2004
1 year ago#1
There is only one cheat I want to activate. Heard perplexing rumors certain achievements would stop or everything would come to a full stop? Thanks.

User Info: Praise_the_Sun_

Praise_the_Sun_
1 year ago#2
Cheats deactivate saves and achievements.
Twitch stream: x_darth_caedus_x, come watch me play the stuffs on ps4, Xbox one, and PC.

User Info: monkyby87

monkyby87
1 year ago#3
It’s not permanent since the game won’t save any progress you made using the cheats.
3DS FC: 5344-0417-6988

User Info: Dirtyplatinum

Dirtyplatinum
1 year ago#4
layhoma2004 posted...
perplexing

"Completely baffling, very puzzling"

What is "completely baffling" about the idea that you cant get achievements whilst cheating. Cause if you look up the definition of achievement..."a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.", you see that cheating and achieving dont really go hand in hand.

This has been your "I am smarter than you." moment, I hope you enjoyed.
Monika Szalamacha
07/02/1990-10/01/17

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
1 year ago#5
monkyby87 posted...
It’s not permanent since the game won’t save any progress you made using the cheats.

Oh! So, can I enable cheats, f*** around for a while and them resume my regular game with no consequences?
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.

User Info: clinthoward666

clinthoward666
1 year ago#6
Dirtyplatinum posted...
layhoma2004 posted...
perplexing

What is "completely baffling" about the idea that you cant get achievements whilst cheating. Cause if you look up the definition of achievement..."a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.", you see that cheating and achieving dont really go hand in hand

Wow, way to be a f***ing dick about the whole thing

User Info: Cold_Dreamerz

Cold_Dreamerz
1 year ago#7
Dirtyplatinum posted...
layhoma2004 posted...
perplexing

What is "completely baffling" about the idea that you cant get achievements whilst cheating. Cause if you look up the definition of achievement..."a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.", you see that cheating and achieving dont really go hand in hand.

That was so f***ing pointless, and rude I have no idea what to say...

Except that you're an ass.
ugh

User Info: Praise_the_Sun_

Praise_the_Sun_
1 year ago#8
clinthoward666 posted...
Dirtyplatinum posted...
layhoma2004 posted...
perplexing

What is "completely baffling" about the idea that you cant get achievements whilst cheating. Cause if you look up the definition of achievement..."a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.", you see that cheating and achieving dont really go hand in hand

Cold_Dreamerz posted...
Dirtyplatinum posted...
layhoma2004 posted...
perplexing

I think that was he was going for.
Twitch stream: x_darth_caedus_x, come watch me play the stuffs on ps4, Xbox one, and PC.

User Info: Dirtyplatinum

Dirtyplatinum
1 year ago#9
clinthoward666 posted...
Dirtyplatinum posted...
layhoma2004 posted...
perplexing

Cold_Dreamerz posted...
Dirtyplatinum posted...
layhoma2004 posted...
perplexing

I love how I am right, and yet you people still come off like I am the bad guy.

This is the reason why the world is absolute s***. People are afraid of knowledge and shun those who are correct. Knowledge shouldnt scare you people. Thats the main reason why you are always so in the dark...and wrong all the time.
Monika Szalamacha
07/02/1990-10/01/17

User Info: BlissedIgnoranc

BlissedIgnoranc
1 year ago#10
NicoGrimm posted...
monkyby87 posted...

Oh! So, can I enable cheats, f*** around for a while and them resume my regular game with no consequences?

I'd assume so, yes. Just err on the side of caution, like keep an extra save or something.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Does using a cheat permanently end all achievements and trophies of the game?
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 2 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 823 Questions (819 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A